Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

taht belt looks like poo poo. look at the lazy line of diamonds down the sides of the main plate. that's why i say that, in part. other reasons forthcoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

cody won't win the participation ribbon belt either and it will be hilarious

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Hey I heard that they brought back a version of the old belt and so excited to see i-

And like that I'm out again.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Orange Carlisle posted:

cody won't win the participation ribbon belt either and it will be hilarious

Once everyone started going “oh they’re gonna give Cody this belt” my first thought was “congrats first champ Brock Lesnar”

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

the tnt title isn't a secondary title, it's also a main event title

How's life, C*dy?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
So what exactly is happening? Is there a tournament for the new belt or did HHH not say?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The first "I Can't Fight Roman, He's Too Strong" champ will be someone boring like Seth probably.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That’s not gonna be Cody’s belt because it’s not the cruiserweight belt.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Holy poo poo that is an ugly belt. You own the rights to the best belt of all time and you do that?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

So what exactly is happening? Is there a tournament for the new belt or did HHH not say?

Only said someone would be crowned on the Night of Champions. Nothing else yet.

That belt looks better than their other ones, but yeah, if you're going to try and replicate the big gold belt just use the big gold belt.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Do a tournament on Raw that builds to Cody winning the final at Night of Champions. As he wins the final, HHH comes out and declares that now he's going to have his match for the belt against Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar murders Cody in about 5 seconds.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Cody winning this new title would be absolutely hilarious. He didn't finish the story, but they wrote him this other, vastly less important story he can finish instead.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
what a GEEK

https://twitter.com/dijakwwe/status/1650631962975936517?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Hefty Leftist posted:

lmao all they had to do was bring back the real big gold and everyone would have eaten it up

Seriously... that's all they had to do was just bring back the original title.

And to really just drive the point home on why this is such a good idea, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship share a lineage with the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Which is the title that Dusty Rhodes held. So if Cody's whole deal is trying to win the title his dad never held, he could say that his dad held that title and would technically be correct, and still make him go after Roman and the title he has.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So does that mean they've official merged the WWE Title with the universal now too? So not only did they create a novelty belt for Cody to lose but also tossed the lineage of their main title in the garbage for the Universal title....Never change WWE

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

In fairness, this one is also a main event title. The show Main Event that is.

Also, with Muta going into the HOF this year, how long until we get Roman in Mutoh belt armour?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Astro7x posted:

Seriously... that's all they had to do was just bring back the original title.

And to really just drive the point home on why this is such a good idea, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship share a lineage with the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Which is the title that Dusty Rhodes held. So if Cody's whole deal is trying to win the title his dad never held, he could say that his dad held that title and would technically be correct, and still make him go after Roman and the title he has.

I think it's supposed to be the same since they called it the World Heavyweight Championship tonight. So I think the idea is them splitting that off and Roman is WWE Universal Champion.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The only question is which of these would be funnier:

1) Cody fails to win the Loser Fuckface Nerd championship
2) Cody loses the Loser Fuckface Nerd championship to Roman in his first defense.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It's so loving funny that they had Paul come out and give a long speech about how Roman negotiated himself to wrestle less but they still want a champ around so they're just making up a belt. Also, that after the draft Roman will only be on one show, so I guess whatever show he's on will still barely have a champion, but also have the most important champion. What a dingus company.

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
WWE will never make a good belt again, as long as they feel like the belt has to SCREAM the branding. Every world title needs to have the WWE logo front and center dominating everything else.

Big Gold doesn't put the brand over everything so it can't be used.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
It's probably because when they saw pro athletes taking novelty pictures with them they thought they could get extra exposure if their logo was the title and not just a fancy gold belt

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
It's fitting that the Cody vanity title they made up out of thin air has the same lineage as the vanity title they made up out of thin air to give HHH back in the day.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

lol not only did they make a title that's uglier than the new NJPW title, but it blows all other ugly titles out of the water. also double lol that they had to make Cody a new championship for him to win so they don't have to have Roman drop one of his two titles to complete the story.

Exceptional work. I have seen three thousand inspiring movies and this is better than all of them put together.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

cody hasn't gone through enough adversity yet to win the new championship

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
As I don't bother watching it, did HHH actually engage with Roman having 2 belts at all? is he exlusive to smackdown now? is the new belt exclusive?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

no it's not

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
cody winning this stupid title would be funny

roman winning it would be funnier

SnazzyDude
Oct 28, 2021
That belt's the WWE bronze trophy or a participation award so Seth can finally have a title again......or Brock.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Brock wins it so WWE HAS TWO champions that never show up

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Comedy “Logan Paul or Bad Bunny wins the new title” Option

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cody deserves the 24/7 title, it's his peak

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
personally i love the new belt, it represents the company quite well. it's like Wrestling Superstar Virgil in belt form

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

roman needs two belts because he's both tribal chief and head of the table

if the tribe chooses a new chief or someone adds another chair to the table then he will have to relinquish one of those belts

this is canon

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Von Linus posted:

As I don't bother watching it, did HHH actually engage with Roman having 2 belts at all? is he exlusive to smackdown now? is the new belt exclusive?

He basically said the Roman is the best wrestler they’ve ever had so he was able to negotiate barely ever having to wrestle, but the fans deserve to have a champion that actually is there. So Roman will take his belts to whatever show he’s drafted to and will be exclusive to it, and this belt will be for the other show.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby: Heyman/Reigns will absolutely make fun of the participation trophy on-air and we'll get a report from Dave or PWInsider about that champ's TV network being mad about it right before the TV deals are set to expire

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Dacap posted:

He basically said the Roman is the best wrestler they’ve ever had so he was able to negotiate barely ever having to wrestle, but the fans deserve to have a champion that actually is there.

Absolutely incredible that this is the kayfabe explanation

They care enough about the fans for each brand to have its own champion, but not enough to convince the best wrestler in the history of the promotion to work full-time

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Absolutely incredible that this is the kayfabe explanation

They care enough about the fans for each brand to have its own champion, but not enough to convince the best wrestler in the history of the promotion to work full-time

And yet I know hand to heart John Cena his direct predecessor is better in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, one brand is gonna have Roman the most specialest boy of all time, who's never around and never does anything.

And the other brand is gonna have one of the losers who couldn't beat the specialest boy of all time carrying around the "at least you tried" belt, but hey, at least he's here every week.

Is it just me or does this seem like a VERY BAD IDEA?