Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

spamman posted:

Man the coverage of this game is terrible. Guys throwing shots at the net, the net isn't even on screen.

It’s been the same in the Oilers series as well. Not sure whose decision or why, but it’s clearly an intentional change. It’s just…not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
lmao, announcers said "that's an interference penalty but no need for a call right now"

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Everybody on the ice looks absolutely hosed. Feel like neither of these teams will get out of the second round.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Avs please win this game before overtime I gotta go to bed

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
avs outshot on goal 2 to 1. exact opposite of last year playoffs

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

spamman posted:

Everybody on the ice looks absolutely hosed. Feel like neither of these teams will get out of the second round.

Avs have only been playing 3 lines of forwards the entire 3rd, they're exhausted

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Berniers / Makar

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

fermun posted:

Avs have only been playing 3 lines of forwards the entire 3rd, they're exhausted

Yeah I feel like I've seen like 6 times more Matt Nieto than I would ordinarily want to see in a playoff game.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I don't really get what Alex Newhook has done to end up in the perma doghouse.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Schultz/Rantanen

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Simplex posted:

I think it must be his defensive play (there was a really bad goal last game) but yeah we can't get anything going.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Simplex posted:

I don't either, and I thought Malgin has been OK this game, not worth sitting an entire period. Meyers was the third dude that sat and he's the only one I thought has been worth sitting.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

There are times where I feel like having the top line with Rodrigues instead of Rants makes the team's life harder. Like I understand why they do it, but we have to work so hard to get the offensive zone, and then the puck just gets mishandled anyway.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Manson has been so bad this year

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
A Logan O'Connor shortie would be nice right about now.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jesus christ col

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

meh

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
gently caress THE AVS

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Hell yeah what a game

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Man, congrats Seattle that is a hell of a home victory for that crowd

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Ah gently caress

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

That was an exciting game, too bad about the result but that'll happen when you take a stupid penalty like that

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

aejix posted:

Hell yeah what a game

Pretty easily the worst ot game so far

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

gently caress yea go kraken

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Right in front of Makar too.

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe
That whole game was awesome and I’m watching Kraken games now

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe
Oh lawd I forgot about weird rear end Buoy

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

spamman posted:

There are times where I feel like having the top line with Rodrigues instead of Rants makes the team's life harder. Like I understand why they do it, but we have to work so hard to get the offensive zone, and then the puck just gets mishandled anyway.

I'm kind of with you there, but with Nichushkin out I don't even know what they do with that 2nd line to stop them from getting completely caved if you bring Rantanen back up to wing MacKinnon.

It's back to the GM twiddling his thumbs at the deadline, instead of getting Top 6 forward help.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Makar seemed well off his game after the penalty. Lots of missed passes, not the usual amazing positioning and flow. Seemed shook. So of course he was the guy killing the right side on the goal.

Not sure what the solution is, other than Bednar messaging that they know what the work looks like to win a cup, and you have to push through adversity. And maybe getting Nuke back (hopefully?) will make a difference. But…yeah.

Very well then. On to Game 5.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Tweak posted:

gently caress yea go kraken

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Buoy will gently caress you up

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Rudest Buddhist posted:

Oh lawd I forgot about weird rear end Buoy

It has a playoff beard.

It’s weird, but kids seem to like it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
That Jordan Eberle game winner was right in front of my seats. Amazing.

My throat is gone from booing Makar. Worth it. gently caress that guy.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Simplex posted:

I'm kind of with you there, but with Nichushkin out I don't even know what they do with that 2nd line to stop them from getting completely caved if you bring Rantanen back up to wing MacKinnon.

It's back to the GM twiddling his thumbs at the deadline, instead of getting Top 6 forward help.

Rightly or wrongly, I feel like they thought Landy would be back. But yeah, with Val gone, it's hard to get the balance right.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

seiferguy posted:

That Jordan Eberle game winner was right in front of my seats. Amazing.

My throat is gone from booing Makar. Worth it. gently caress that guy.

The boo on the disallowed goal was the loudest booing I’ve heard there (second to the second disallowed goal in the game vs the Penguins back in October). The cheering after the OT goal was the loudest I’ve heard that place.

Holy hell what a game. Go kraken.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Kerfoot scored yesterday. Engvall scores today.

The end is nigh.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
That was the fastest challenge I've ever seen

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Love to have indefinite immunity to any goals against because of a missed call 20 passes ago.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

eXXon posted:

Love to have indefinite immunity to any goals against because of a missed call 20 passes ago.

Yeah, love that it was such an easy offside pass and rewinds the clock to the missed stoppage like a high stick or puck out of play. It's not immunity, it's just a missed stoppage and it's this ones not even subjective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Go strs