Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Addressing blatant nut-shots in the NBA is at least 30 years overdue, but it is funny that it's the defining characteristic of the playoffs so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1650721171867054080?s=20

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Lebron once again proving he's superhuman, wtf

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Anthony Davis

e: this is not the gdt. but Anthony Davis nonetheless

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

what an incredible night of basketball

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Papercut posted:

Lebron once again proving he's superhuman, wtf

We are all witnesses.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
News: LeBron James
Views: LeBron James

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1650727185043300354?s=20

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Well, 20 + 20 is 40, so I hope that answers that for D. Brooks.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Grizzlies are something crazy like 0-15 now as a road underdog and they're terrible against the spread (that late foul meant they didn't cover)

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
shoulda worried about the west imo

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ja going to break his spine one day

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1650720948369379334

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ja trying this and failing has made me like him a lot more. if he had succeeded i would be the most desperate, eternal hater of all time

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Lakers been winning a lot of "team" games lately. Always nice to be able to have some random roleplayer go off for 20 and then you still have LeBron late in the game

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
ja has xavier tillman running the break with him right there and thats probably a dunk if he gives it up. instead it's chest first into a close Bron, turnover.

ja is a loving idiot

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Wild that play didn’t end with 1-2 paraplegics

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

jackofarcades posted:

Lakers been winning a lot of "team" games lately. Always nice to be able to have some random roleplayer go off for 20 and then you still have LeBron late in the game

The Lakers somehow being allowed to assemble a legitimate basketball team from scraps at the deadline is one of those things that I initially brushed off as an overblown sports media angle, but it's increasingly apparent that it was a genuinely huge and insane inflection point in this season that should be discussed more if anything

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ex post facho posted:

ja has xavier tillman running the break with him right there and thats probably a dunk if he gives it up. instead it's chest first into a close Bron, turnover.

ja is a loving idiot

Ja saw the hairline and thought for a second it was a mall cop and saw red

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

WhyteRyce posted:

Man we are getting some bullshit Warriors vs Celtics part deux aren’t we

:sickos:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

xbilkis posted:

The Lakers somehow being allowed to assemble a legitimate basketball team from scraps at the deadline is one of those things that I initially brushed off as an overblown sports media angle, but it's increasingly apparent that it was a genuinely huge and insane inflection point in this season that should be discussed more if anything

We got 3 versatile role players for a guy who didn't fit at all (even if he is making it work better for the Clips) AND another reliable wing in Rui. Plus we ditched 3 guards who were clogging the rotation in Westbrook, Bev, and Nunn

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

mo bamba also would have theoretically been a very useful piece if he wasnt exceptionally bad at basketball

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/kpelton/status/1650729022400376832?s=20

Implied Win Probablity based on betting lines

Celtics 99.5%
Nuggets 99%
Knicks 85%
Warriors 73%

Can't find lines for the rest; my guess is you'd say something like 90% for the Lakers? And... 66% for the Heat? And like 99% for the Suns.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I am now convinced that Lebron is the first player to officially join MJ as an equal on the peak of GOAT mountain

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

https://twitter.com/JoaoNasser/status/1650721296718675968

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ghost Dog posted:

mo bamba also would have theoretically been a very useful piece if he wasnt exceptionally bad at basketball

I would like to at least seem him get a shot instead of these four guard lineups though. He's a bad defender but no one's playing defense when AD's sitting anyway.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dutchy posted:

Grant Hill's late career reinvention as a role player was also a real feelgood story because in the early years of the decade it looked like there was absolutely no way Grant Hill was going to be having useful seasons well into his 30s

If you knew his spots in 2K, you could basically use him as a lesser pro to LeBron and the old Suns teams became unstoppable.

Edit:
The 2k franchise was so good from 2k9 to 12.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 25, 2023

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

I would like to at least seem him get a shot instead of these four guard lineups though. He's a bad defender but no one's playing defense when AD's sitting anyway.

yeah i dont really have faith in ham to be able to figure out a new rotation on the fly and he abandoned Mo so quickly he basically got zero reps in with the team, but they for sure want to play an actual 2nd center somewhere in the rotation at least some # of minutes. it would make the lebron/rui/all shooters lineups easier to defend but they arent really setting the world on fire anyway and they give up infinite layups and 3s

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Absolutely. If he’s healthy give him some minutes. Bron and AD are dying out there, team needs some rest minutes with height.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ghost Dog posted:

yeah i dont really have faith in ham to be able to figure out a new rotation on the fly and he abandoned Mo so quickly he basically got zero reps in with the team, but they for sure want to play an actual 2nd center somewhere in the rotation at least some # of minutes. it would make the lebron/rui/all shooters lineups easier to defend but they arent really setting the world on fire anyway and they give up infinite layups and 3s

The one thing Mo can do consistently is bomba 3s, so he'll probably help the spacing

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the finals should be lakers vs knicks, every one.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

We got 3 versatile role players for a guy who didn't fit at all (even if he is making it work better for the Clips) AND another reliable wing in Rui. Plus we ditched 3 guards who were clogging the rotation in Westbrook, Bev, and Nunn

Rui was you finding a dollar on the ground covered in dog poop but using it to buy a scratcher that netted you $10k it’s some bullshit

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

if Jalen Brunson wins Finals MVP before Luka Doncic, Mark Cuban will get the guillotine from Mavs fans

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Chronicles posted:

Absolutely. If he’s healthy give him some minutes. Bron and AD are dying out there, team needs some rest minutes with height.

Wenyen deserves to get out there and hustle for 5-10 minutes

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Wow reckless by Ja Morant that could’ve ended really badly for both him and LeBron

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I look away for a second and Miami is suddenly up 3-1 good god

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Fortunately he was able to cushion the fall with LeBrons head

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

I'll have it be known that I haven't posted in here in months and on the day I do Jimmy goes thermonuclear and LeBron goats all over Memphis.

You're welcome NBA bros :smug:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bubble Finals vs ESPN dream finals sequel who you got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Bubble Finals vs ESPN dream finals sequel who you got

Cavs come back from 3-1 down to win this series, then face the Warriors