Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I thought there was no way I could vote for Kane until I read how Nash lost the belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cursed match-up :stonk:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lid posted:

I thought there was no way I could vote for Kane until I read how Nash lost the belt.

It's the poop feud

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I'm not voting for the Poop Feud in a world title tournament

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I liked the Kane cash in to win the belt, don't care about the rest of the reign

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Can't ever vote against Big Sexy, especially not against Kane of all people.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I voted for Kane because I’m fascinated by this ****1/4 tlc match with Edge. I’m sure I watched it, but I don’t remember poo poo!

bartok
May 10, 2006

I had to begrudgingly vote for Kane. I'm definitely voting Nash for the run that started with him beating Goldberg's streak and ended with the Finger Poke of Doom.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Sandman McMahon posted:

I voted for Kane because I’m fascinated by this ****1/4 tlc match with Edge. I’m sure I watched it, but I don’t remember poo poo!

It was a four-way also involving Rey Mysterio and Alberto Del Rio.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we're going to need to keep a record of people who voted for glenn jacobs on here.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
Can I vote for both reigns to be eliminated?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
To head this off - I am not modifying this tournament to include any future Big Gold Belt-like champions.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Edward Mass posted:

To head this off - I am not modifying this tournament to include any future Big Gold Belt-like champions.

Thank you for finishing the story.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 64% of the vote, Kane's reign advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Rick Rude's first WCW International World Heavyweight Championship reign vs. the Great Khali's sole World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign

Rick Rude's first WCW International World Heavyweight Championship reign:
-won from Ric Flair at Fall Brawl '93
-lasted 178 days
-featured eight title defenses, the highest rated being a match against Ric Flair at Halloween Havoc '93 (***1/4)
-lost to Hiroshi Hase during Hyper Battle

The Great Khali's sole World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign:
-won in a battle royal on SmackDown! (title was vacant)
-lasted 61 days
-featured three title defenses, none of which received a star rating
-lost to Batista at Unforgiven '07

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tpugh one. (jk)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If he was great rather than rude this might actually be a contest

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rick Rude was World Champion!?! :psyduck:

How did I not know this!?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This was when the belt wasn't WCW's top title

Still voting for Rude though, come on it's Rick Rude

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I appreciate Rick Rude for showing all the fat, greasy, outta shape something awful sweat hogs what a real world champion looks like.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Here is Rick Rude's title defence history.

Flair
Flair DQ w/ special guest ref Terry Taylor
Road Warrior Hawk Double Countout
The Boss
Johhny B Badd
Marcus Alexander Bagwell
Marcus Alexander Bagwell
Marcus Alexander Bagwell
Lost it to Hiroshi Hase (who i am pumped to vote for)

After his match with the boss he is relagated to the B and C shows like a jabrone

Khalis history is much more impressive he beat all these people

Batista, Brett Major, Brian Major, Chavo Guerrero, Chris Masters, Dave Taylor, Deuce and Domino, Eugene, Finlay, Funaki, Jamie Noble, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kane, Kenny Dykstra, Mark Henry, Matt Hardy, Montel Vontavious Porter, and Shannon Moore.

All in one night!

bartok
May 10, 2006

Voting for Rick Rude because my favorite period of WCW was when Flair returned and before Hogan arrived.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Jerusalem posted:

Rick Rude was World Champion!?! :psyduck:

How did I not know this!?

The WCW International World Heavyweight Championship existed a little less than a year - less time than between WCW breaking away from the NWA and ECW breaking away from the NWA.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Voted against Khali because it's Khali.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The best thing about Khali as champion is that gif of him holding up the title while there's this one kid in the audience who looks HORRIFIED at this turn of events.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I am too old to be that kid but if I were that kid at that moment I would respond in the same way.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

i want to see Khali do the Rude atomic drop sell

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rude and Khali both understood that wrestling is an upper-body business and skipped leg day.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gavok posted:

Rude and Khali both understood that wrestling is an upper-body business and skipped leg day.

Khali: For gently caress'S SAKE, Steve.....

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 95.65% of the vote, Rick Rude's reign advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Scott Steiner's sole WCW World Heavyweight Championship reign vs. Triple H's first World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign

Scott Steiner's sole WCW World Heavyweight Championship reign:
-won from Booker T in a Straightjacket Caged Heat match at Mayhem '00
-lasted 120 days
-featured 14 title defenses, the highest rated being a match against Diamond Dallas Page at Greed (***1/2)
-lost to Booker T on Nitro

Triple H's first World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign:
-awarded title on Raw
-lasted 76 days
-featured five title defenses, the highest rated being....
-lost to Shawn Michaels in a Elimination Chamber match at Survivor Series '02 (****1/4)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Voting for the freaks and the peaks

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

The numbers dont lie and they spell disaster for Loser Paul

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
That chamber match is probably better than anything from Steiner's reign but
1. HHH just being awarded the title was a nonsense and
2. Big Poppa Pump is my hook up

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Not sure how 2000 WCW wins anything, but it's the better choice here.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Scott Steiner as the mega-heel champ was the last bit of hope in a dying WCW. Triple H being awarded the WHC was a major early step in a hopeless era.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Watching the first triple h whc run at the moment and just got up to katie vick. Aside from it obviously being horrible it was stupid because kane cuts this big impassioned promo in the ring about what really happened and then trips comes out to say 'actually you were drunk and the police found beer cans in the car and you hosed her corpse' and that's it. Like was triple h telling the truth in which case kane is a horrible bastard undeserving of the fans love, or has he just made this up out of whole cloth, we'll never know and kane never gets to produce the real autopsy report or whatever

Their match at no mercy was by the numbers as gently caress but kane is mega over and the ending where trips is on the ramp holding the sledgehammer with a look of realisation at how close he came to getting killed by kane is very good

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Rarity posted:

Voting for the freaks and the peaks

Purple Monkey posted:

That chamber match is probably better than anything from Steiner's reign but
1. HHH just being awarded the title was a nonsense and
2. Big Poppa Pump is my hook up

Gavok posted:

Scott Steiner as the mega-heel champ was the last bit of hope in a dying WCW. Triple H being awarded the WHC was a major early step in a hopeless era.

I would also add I always holla'd when I heard him

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

the sex ghost posted:

Watching the first triple h whc run at the moment and just got up to katie vick. Aside from it obviously being horrible it was stupid because kane cuts this big impassioned promo in the ring about what really happened and then trips comes out to say 'actually you were drunk and the police found beer cans in the car and you hosed her corpse' and that's it. Like was triple h telling the truth in which case kane is a horrible bastard undeserving of the fans love, or has he just made this up out of whole cloth, we'll never know and kane never gets to produce the real autopsy report or whatever

When Kane was starting his unmasked monster heel run, there was a time when he Tombstoned Linda McMahon. A week later, he cut a promo about how she was screaming no, but he knows from experience that when women say no, they really mean yes. Me and my friend looked to each other and were like, "So... did he just admit to the whole Katie Vick thing?"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Scott Steiner came out with a tiger, Triple H got me to stop watching for a few years

bartok
May 10, 2006

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Scott Steiner came out with a tiger, Triple H got me to stop watching for a few years

the tiger that nearly took Rey Mysterio's eye before Seth Rollins could

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

He's doing him an egg. Big Bad Booty Daddy got this in the bag.