Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

There aren't any macros for auto-accepting and auto-leaving duties, right? Grinding ARR NIN right now by spamming Ifrit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

bobtheconqueror posted:

I particularly dislike the left eye/right eye buff thing. I think that would work better if it were more similar to the dancer's dance partner effect. Use the ability to mark an ally, and other abilities you use provide benefits. As it stands now it's the one ability I have macro'd because I set a focus target and use it that way, otherwise I just end up forgetting to target another player before using it.

The other idea I had would be giving all of the "use on an ally" abilities some kind of automatic functionality if used without a target, like Cover could effect the lowest health ally in lieu of a specific target, or dragon sight could just hit the closest dps in the party if you don't have a target picked.

Technically dragon sight already does that, it's just that the closest dps in the party to you happens to be, well, you.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vitamean posted:

if it works like before, yoship will come out on stage at the NA fanfest wearing a shirt teasing one of the new jobs that'll be formally announced at the EU fanfest.

from past examples:
batman - dark knights
007, "I particularly like the movie The Man with the Golden Gun" - machinist
spiderman, "big fan of the sam rami movies" - samurai
scarlet witch - red mage

this:

remember when people were tying themselves into loving knots trying to figure out how this wasn't going to be a scythe job?

my favorites were "there's arabic text I think so mystic knight" and "a skull means it's a pirate"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ah, feels good to run the Nier stuff again. I remembered almost all the mechanics of Puppet's Bunker, got the direction of the pod shift backwards. Also rezzed about fifteen people.

Edit: I mean, I get how people complain about them, and sympathies for the folks who can't do Tower, but as a taste of Yoko Taro they just feel fun. I think the Ivalice raids (particularly Ultima, that's just a hoot) come out on top for how they play but Nier's a close second in my book. Enough going on to be interesting.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 25, 2023

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
anyway I think odds of getting another melee dps after just getting one are pretty low

I also still think we're going to get one job, so either a tank or a caster

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

He's going to wear a shirt that just says "BLITZBALL" on it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

remember when people were tying themselves into loving knots trying to figure out how this wasn't going to be a scythe job?

my favorites were "there's arabic text I think so mystic knight" and "a skull means it's a pirate"
I mean, there were people working themselves into a lather over the Spider-Man shirt having to mean anything but Samurai because there was no way he could have meant "Sam Raimi = Samurai".
Even saw some saying it meant Red Mage because Spider-Man wears red. You know, at the same Fanfest that Red Mage was introduced at.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Good to know in hindsight it's been rather on the nose.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Hogama posted:

I mean, there were people working themselves into a lather over the Spider-Man shirt having to mean anything but Samurai because there was no way he could have meant "Sam Raimi = Samurai".
Even saw some saying it meant Red Mage because Spider-Man wears red. You know, at the same Fanfest that Red Mage was introduced at.

true but that's the only one that's been even a little unclear

otherwise it's been exactly what you think it is

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Nah, if it's Blitzballer Gaolkeeper, Koji Fox will tell him to wear a Fozzie Bear shirt

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Blockhouse posted:

anyway I think odds of getting another melee dps after just getting one are pretty low

I also still think we're going to get one job, so either a tank or a caster

Yoshi P back during the reaper stuff said that when they decide on jobs they do not do it based on role but on armor. Which seemed (and still seems) completely wild to me but if you take that at face value it's absolutely a scouting dps for sure.

Edit: Dark Horse answer they realize their mistake and kill scouting entirely.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Apr 25, 2023

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They could do a ranged class that uses scouting.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Personally I want RDM's 100 capstone (And any other jobs that have a percent chance to proc combo abilities) to just up the combo chance to 100%. Cast Jolt once and never again.

And a side leap so we can hurl ourselves off platforms in new and exciting ways.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

They'll just keep adding to the RDM combo finisher, eventually you'll only have to do your combo once in a fight and spend the rest of the time doing the finisher

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Failboattootoot posted:

Yoshi P back during the reaper stuff said that when they decide on jobs they do not do it based on role but on armor. Which seemed (and still seems) completely wild to me but if you take that at face value it's absolutely a scouting dps for sure.

Edit: Dark Horse answer they realize their mistake and kill scouting entirely.

that does seem absolutely wild to me and I'm not sure how much I actually buy it

Like it's very clearly been by roles forever and the only time a conflict would com,e up is if they added a second scouting job and frankly I'm not sure how another melee dps would go over right after getting one last expansion

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

DRG just needs to merge high jump and mirage dive. It's too fiddly as it is. And make dragon sight auto target someone.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

6.4 special site now live

(just a list of additions and art, for now)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Blockhouse posted:

that does seem absolutely wild to me and I'm not sure how much I actually buy it

Like it's very clearly been by roles forever and the only time a conflict would com,e up is if they added a second scouting job and frankly I'm not sure how another melee dps would go over right after getting one last expansion

I mean, most armor divisions are by role, so it really isn't that surprising. The only difference is melee has three sets while the other roles have one each.

Melee's sets are Scouting, for the Jobs that use Dexterity as their main stat (currently just ROG/NIN), and Striking and Maiming for Strength users, with Maiming giving a slightly higher physical defense stat.

To mirror Kheldarn's post, here's the Jobs sorted by armor sets for each expansion:
ARR is a bit weird, with ROG/NIN added in the patches and ACN/SMN/SCH, so I'm just using the Ironworks gear:
2 Fending
2 Healing
2 Casting
1 Aiming
1 Scouting
1 Maiming
1 Striking

HW:
1 Fending
1 Healing
1 Aiming

StB:
1 Casting (+1 for BLU, but that's a separate thing)
1 Striking

ShB:
1 Fending
1 Aiming

EW:
1 Healing
1 Maiming

That leaves us with the following:
4 Fending
4 Healing
3 Casting
3 Aiming
1 Scouting
2 Maiming
2 Striking

Assuming what YoshiP said is true, and I think it's reasonably safe to do so, a Job using Scouting is probably coming next, with a second Job of Fending being the next most likely choice (edit: because they said only having DPS during StB caused medium-term problems with queues, and they don't want that to happen again). Anything beyond that, including whether or not there even will be a second Job, is up for debate.

In other news, and what I came here to post, they've added the 6.4 site. There's nothing in it aside from a text list of upcoming features and the splash art:

Onean fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Apr 25, 2023

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Onean posted:

In other news, and what I came here to post, they've added the 6.4 site. There's nothing in it aside from a text list of upcoming features and the splash art:

aaaahhhhhhhh

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I like that they're ditched all subtlety and mystery about what the patch story will be about.

Although knowing them we'll probably kill Golbez in the first quest and the rest of the story will be about finding Zero a home in Ishgard or something.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

stev posted:

the rest of the story will be about finding Zero a home in Ishgard or something.

Ehhh. If we're helping Zero settle anywhere on the Source, it'll be Radz-at-Han. She has connections there in Vrtra and Nidhana, whereas she knows nobody in Ishgard.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Qwertycoatl posted:

They'll just keep adding to the RDM combo finisher, eventually you'll only have to do your combo once in a fight and spend the rest of the time doing the finisher

I'm gonna be real, RDM could get absolutely nothing new and I'd be fine with it. The class is perfect IMO

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

I'm gonna be real, RDM could get absolutely nothing new and I'd be fine with it. The class is perfect IMO
Yeah I'm actually afraid they'll shoehorn in more buttons and busywork just because expansion = needs something new.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

Been saying this

Do that and a caster and we have four of each and my brain's love of order will be so happy.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dwesa posted:

6.4 special site now live

(just a list of additions and art, for now)

Huh. They're actually going with Comedy for the new Tomestone name. I figured that was just an April Fool's Joke Name, and we'd get the real name later.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Onean posted:

Half an Ascian mask, eh?

And finally the time has come for You Cannot Skip Soar.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Apr 25, 2023

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

super sweet best pal posted:

That catboy in the Fringes can train us to be a Grenadier. And by train us I mean we just practice on him.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Thundarr posted:

Half an Ascian mask, eh?

And finally the time has come for You Cannot Skip Soar.

I'm 100% just guessing here, but that looks a lot like Lahabrea's. For the EW launch we got this piece of splash art for Pandaemonium:

So, the art for 6.4 showing the other half of the mark might represent the fact we're getting Pandaemonium's conclusion.

On the other hand, didn't Lahabrea contribute to the failure of attempting to Rejoin the Thirteenth, or was that his S/O and he felt guilty about it? I can't remember what Emet-Selch said about that during ShB...

(Edit: Also, check out that white beard just barely visible under the hood. Completely missed that they had that in there long before we actually got to see Lahabrea in 6.2.)

Onean fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 25, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Onean posted:

I'm 100% just guessing here, but that looks a lot like Lahabrea's. For the EW launch we got this piece of splash art for Pandaemonium:

So, the art for 6.4 showing the other half of the mark might represent the fact we're getting Pandaemonium's conclusion.

On the other hand, didn't Lahabrea contribute to the failure of attempting to Rejoin the Thirteenth, or was that his S/O and he felt guilty about it? I can't remember what Emet-Selch said about that during ShB...

(Edit: Also, check out that white beard just barely visible under the hood. Completely missed that they had that in there long before we actually got to see Lahabrea in 6.2.)

Igeorhym screwing up the Thirteenth is why Lahabrea was running himself ragged body-hopping constantly to enable calamities rather than sleep like Emet-Selch between periods of activity.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Aha, okay.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah I assumed that was just there to represent the raids rather than being anything to do with the MSQ.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

For ppl with alts: how do you manage?

I want an alt character but with the sheer amount of old or paid glam stuff, I feel like It would be suffering to re-collect everything again. Also, I would have to redo ARR and StB if I want to save money instead of story or level skips.

I'm avoiding fantasia since I always end up going back to my original race over time and money.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Onean posted:

The thing I noticed about this one (and why it might be time to resuscitate the spoiler thread):

So... don't we have one of Azdaja's eyes? Because that dragon sure looks like it has two.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Alder posted:

I want an alt character but with the sheer amount of old or paid glam stuff, I feel like It would be suffering to re-collect everything again. Also, I would have to redo ARR and StB if I want to save money instead of story or level skips.

I'm avoiding fantasia since I always end up going back to my original race over time and money.

I made my alt with the express purpose of replaying MSQ including ARR and StB, so that’s part of it. The other part is just going “this is my alt so I’m not collecting everything on him”.

It’s your mindset going in I guess.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Alder posted:

I want to play through the MSQ again as a Reaper, and I want the Maiming Gear rewards from it, but I'm also planning to spend money. I plan to make a Thaumaturge since they start in Ul'dah, use the Level 80 Skip, and go unlock Reaper. I just have to wait for my server to no longer be flagged as Congested.

hopeandjoy posted:

The other part is just going “this is my alt so I’m not collecting everything on him”.

This is a very big part of it. Before I setteled on the above, I already wanted to make an alt, and this was one of the very first things I decided, regardless of what else I was going to end up doing.

I played City Of Heroes back in the day, and I had one character dedicated to getting all of the Badges. All of my alts just got what they got, and that shaped how I would play alts in other games.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I don't know why but I've had this strange compulsion to max all the tribal quests, including ones that I already have mounts for (which is the main reason for doing them). Only Ixal and Sylphs left, but fortunately I am past the bad ones: Namazu, Moogle, Vanu Vanu

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Do we know if the materials for the current relic step are just going to change to Aphorism when the tomestones change over or would it just become a Poetics dump

E: Probably poetics, right? Since it'd future proof it for 7.0 when the level cap raises and you can't get endgame tomestones at level 80 anymore

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 25, 2023

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Tekopo posted:

I don't know why but I've had this strange compulsion to max all the tribal quests, including ones that I already have mounts for (which is the main reason for doing them). Only Ixal and Sylphs left, but fortunately I am past the bad ones: Namazu, Moogle, Vanu Vanu

who cares about rewards play the parts of the game you find fun

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Tekopo posted:

Namazu are literally the best what. Also, there's capstone quests as you do them that are really good and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Alder posted:

By making all of your alts server cryptids like my good old Spaghettio Bloodymary: