Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Billionaire that can't afford a second phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

aRudeTeen posted:

The for you tab has been updated to be verified accounts and people you follow only and is now completely unusable.

follow better people and block everybody with twitter blue

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

it just hit me yesterday that my for you tab is suddenly good again and its because Ive been blocking blues non-stop now (in addition to subbing to block the blue when it worked)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

that username sure is something

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

theCalamity posted:

she should go further and ban cable news and ban sinclair/other companies like it

yes please

aRudeTeen
Jul 13, 2003

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1650731557164818437

As of this morning it's just out of order tweets from people I follow and paid for blue check NBA highlights accounts and for some reason blue check Kpop accounts, which I do not follow and have never interacted with.

New algorithm working as intended.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
ugh i wish i didn't click on elon's feed this morning

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1650843875622232064

regardless of whether or not the thing he's replying to is true (idk) here he is lamenting that an 18 year old is a "child" in the same sentence as saying "mature, consenting adults should do as they wish"

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Yeah "For You" is busted to Hell and back. I see the same posts 10 times with one scroll.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Prioritized for what?
Maybe he should come up with even more made up bullshit perks for blue.

"verified accounts will now receive VIP (very important twitterer) status"

or

"verified accounts will automatically join a monthly raffle for 1,000 btc"

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

the only reason to use the For You tab for months now has been to tell everyone how broken the For You tab is

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
gonna assume the people left at twitter haven't actually changed anything and are just randomly toggling stuff

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/twitter-elon-musk-boy-kidnapped-groomed-discord-roblox-mcconney-rcna77985

quote:

A 13-year-old boy was groomed publicly on Twitter and kidnapped, despite numerous chances to stop it

The abduction came after a series of missed opportunities where Twitter and law enforcement failed to effectively intervene.

:stare:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Does... Everyone have a blew chick now?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

quote:

On the Hunter Fox Twitter account, the adult interacted directly with the boys account, where he posted selfies of himself on a school bus and in other locations.
we need to shut down all Hunters until we know what's going on

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

aRudeTeen posted:

As of this morning it's just out of order tweets from people I follow and paid for blue check NBA highlights accounts and for some reason blue check Kpop accounts, which I do not follow and have never interacted with.

I just did a bit of scrolling through comments on one of the embeds here and saw the same ad for a piece of owl jewelry every single time it loaded more posts.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

NofrikinfuN posted:

I just did a bit of scrolling through comments on one of the embeds here and saw the same ad for a piece of owl jewelry every single time it loaded more posts.

owl have some of that!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Has the mind of a facebook grandpa.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1650853843100368898?s=20

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Honestly expecting to hear "we must secure a future for the white race" any day now

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

your trans kid will never love you elon

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

shyduck posted:

Elon Musk: you can't win 'em all

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Elon Musk: you can't win 'em all

thats okay he can look back on his other accomplishments such as

uhh

banging some weird chick half his age for a few months?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

imagine having imposter syndrome in 2023 - one of the richest people in the world is melting down and leaked his lovely burner account on main seemingly out of nowhere

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

weird take coming from the guy who thinks the declining population is a critical issue

oh wait...

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

first yall don't want twitter cooperating with the government and now ya do

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

that Elon test account is now gone

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
wasn't Elon crowing a few days ago about AOC's alledged burner twitter account that I never heard about again? I guess it wasn't actually her? but he has one and is somehow even more of a creep? wow, shocking

RFC
Nov 3, 2002

shyduck posted:

that Elon test account is now gone

Poor little X's account gone forever.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

shyduck posted:

you won't care

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
elon talking about children consenting to things makes me feel weird and bad!!!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

pure absolute silence on children brides though

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Tatsuta Age posted:

you won't care

you win some you lose some

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

currently a twitter blue subscriber is accusing steve albini of buying likes and follows because there's no other way he could be getting them if you're wondering how it's going

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

so.loving.close.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
lmao

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

currently a twitter blue subscriber is accusing steve albini of buying likes and follows because there's no other way he could be getting them if you're wondering how it's going

Some rando paying Musk having a clout-off with Steve Albini lmao

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

oh yeah sure he's an engineer but he doesn't write code and hasn't started any companies :jackoff:

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth has issued a correction as of 17:01 on Apr 25, 2023

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!

aRudeTeen posted:

this is a pretty funny tweet to read the replies to (and a great blue check honeypot), just line after line of THANK YOU ELON :cheerdoge:

like hes not providing you anything other than an edit button and a much, much easier path to get your account mass blocked

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/wapplehouse/status/1650886177463861250?t=a64a8w25VFnquFLFS491dA&s=19

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

The guy very mad about engagement with the sucker mark is the Founder of some tech start up that claims is creating an App for donations to homeless people, who dont have phones, and will end homelessness :lol:

He also keeps having an issue of What do all these Nazis keep agreeing with my stances so much? Whats up with that? without any deeper thought able to puncture the shell of his completely smooth brain

https://twitter.com/charlie_carrel/status/1650548858101936149?s=46&t=pNldmjaPbwK7Jf44h_hOow

Dr. VooDoo has issued a correction as of 17:13 on Apr 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1650853683788148736?t=uzpmCBL8BkBJ_NuLmF_yUw&s=19