Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Ignis posted:

I believe the major proof is that nobody's been able to reverse search a different source for the avatar of the alt, which is 100% a photo of his son, and it was there before the alt got found yesterday

But he can’t be that loving st—ah, you know, they might be onto something then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1650703841468219394

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

what

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

wait is this real? so he's also a weird pedo.... loving hell

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Brilliant insights like this are why Elon makes the big bucks.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

signal: bluecheck posts
noise: nocheck posts

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/travisbrown/status/1650803201753456640?t=g0PzuYXer7YkbMi87F4cKA&s=19

The burner is already getting impersonators

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

You should probably log off then, Elon.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

repiv posted:

signal: bluecheck posts
noise: nocheck posts

This is what Elon Musk actually believes

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Hammerite posted:

wanna hear some more details of this if it's true.

It's currently something I saw drifting around the reddit threads talking about this. People having a peek at his likes mentioned noticing some shifty stuff in them, but I haven't found a link to it yet and i'm not so social media brained that i'm going to trawl through his alt account just to get an own so take it with a grain of salt.

All that being said given some of the personalities he follows I can believe one of them said something like that at some point. Whether it was liked specifically is another matter.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/kurtruslfanclub/status/1650831790066782208?t=F14d-csF83soaczCl6lQXQ&s=19

Someone digged up these older tweets (click the links for timestamps)

E: just realized all the creepy tweets predate the name/PFP change

Ignis fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Apr 25, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Did this elon alt only get found because of that screenshot he posted the other day where it was clearly showing the image for it? Or were there suspicions before?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is no way 'Elon accidentally outed his horny child RP account' actually happened. It is impossible for anything to be that hilarious

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon: There's too much noise on Twitter

Also Elon: "Concerning" "Exactly" "!!" ":elon::elon:" "$8"

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

explosivo posted:

Did this elon alt only get found because of that screenshot he posted the other day where it was clearly showing the image for it? Or were there suspicions before?

The screenshot seems to be the instigating factor, yeah. I guess someone did an image lookup on it and it lead to it?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

explosivo posted:

Yes, the dexerto tweet which signal boosted the Elon subscriber numbers screenshot alerted people that he has an alt account, and someone actually found it

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
The last couple of hours were a wild ride. The words "Elon Musk ABDL" will not leave my brain, and now they won't leave yours either.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Hammerite posted:

uh, what??? the cave rescue was in a place called Chiang Rai Province, which is in the north of the country. According to this map Pattaya is in the south of the country (at least, assuming Pattaya and Phatthaya are the same place)

and before anyone accuses me of knowing a suspicious amount about Thai geography, I've never been to Thailand - I looked this up because I recalled Pattaya being brought up in the Bitcoin threads as a place popular with sex tourists, and I didn't recall it being mentioned at all in connection with the cave rescue.

Huh, apparently it came up in the rescue story because "Pattaya Beach" was the name of the cave chamber in which they were trapped, and had nothing to do with the town of Pattaya otherwise. I did not actually know this.

But my whole point is that there is nothing untoward about knowing Thai geography or traveling there; the telling part is that Elon Musk, a friend of Ghislaine Maxwell, knows only of the sex tourism hotspots for some reason.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Archonex posted:

The screenshot seems to be the instigating factor, yeah. I guess someone did an image lookup on it and it lead to it?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Yes, the dexerto tweet which signal boosted the Elon subscriber numbers screenshot alerted people that he has an alt account, and someone actually found it

Lol man, that rules.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

If he changed his alt on the 30th then all the horny posts predate the name/pfp change, and Christ I hope that he truly didn't mean to hornypost as his own kid (but he was an idiot and never bothered to delete the previous tweets)

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Huh, apparently it came up in the rescue story because "Pattaya Beach" was the name of the cave chamber in which they were trapped, and had nothing to do with the town of Pattaya otherwise. I did not actually know this.

But my whole point is that there is nothing untoward about knowing Thai geography or traveling there; the telling part is that Elon Musk, a friend of Ghislaine Maxwell, knows only of the sex tourism hotspots for some reason.

After university I travelled to SE Asia, visited Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam, and in my experience there's a certain type of online person who's likely never left their home town who thinks the only reason anybody would ever visit these (very beautiful and fun countries) is for the weird/illegal sex trade.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Why does everyone think this random twitter account is secretly Musk?

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
Because he posted a screenshot where it's clearly one of his alt accounts

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

lol, it's actually mentioned in the wiki article, and I would have known that if I'd ctrl-f'd for it. Ignore me

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Husk RPing as his kid, while wearing adult diapers: "this (little) girl is so hot, I'm so into librarians"

"Grimes sure is a loser"

"Someone please follow me!"

The Aristocrats!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
In today's update on the dying hellsite, I'm getting an ad/promoted tweet literally every 5th tweet on my timeline. Absolutely infested, the place is.

Also got logged out again for blocking too many people in a short time. Apparently it is due to the API rate being set so low. According to one tweet it was set to if you blocked more than 200-250 accounts in a rolling 15 minute window it would kick in. It looks like it might have just been lowered even further than that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Beartaco posted:

Why does everyone think this random twitter account is secretly Musk?

Because Musk posted a screenshot of it as his account

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Parkingtigers posted:

In today's update on the dying hellsite, I'm getting an ad/promoted tweet literally every 5th tweet on my timeline. Absolutely infested, the place is.

Also got logged out again for blocking too many people in a short time. Apparently it is due to the API rate being set so low. According to one tweet it was set to if you blocked more than 200-250 accounts in a rolling 15 minute window it would kick in. It looks like it might have just been lowered even further than that.

maybe if you have to spend multiple quarter-hour-long sessions repetitively clicking a "block" button, in order to make a web site usable, there is a better solution. for example, you could stop using that web site

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Because he posted a screenshot where it's clearly one of his alt accounts

there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for this. he uses his admin power to login to random accounts he sees to read their dms and personal data.

he just happened to be snooping around this account that just happened to be roleplaying as his horny 3 year old when the screenshot was taken, a coincidence that could happen to any webmaster.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

Elon: There's too much noise on Twitter

Also Elon: "Concerning" "Exactly" "!!" ":elon::elon:" "$8"

Yeah, dude himself never tweets anything of substance, unless it's a retweet of someone else that he adds some variety of "so few understand this / interesting read!" under to try and mask what an utter loving dullard he is.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Parkingtigers posted:

Logged in on a browser and I'm not getting any promoted tweets in either tab today.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

lmao he's such a fuckin weirdo

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Hammerite posted:

maybe if you have to spend multiple quarter-hour-long sessions repetitively clicking a "block" button, in order to make a web site usable, there is a better solution. for example, you could stop using that web site

I discovered the logout issue because of an extension that automatically blocked any blue ticks in the replies to a tweet I looked at to make the site usable. It no longer seems to work, either, so the site is completely useless again.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The most substance Twitter gets is a Twitter thread of “JoJo characters if they cats” picture comparison.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlestheHammer posted:

Because Musk posted a screenshot of it as his account

Iirc, a twitter thread mentioned a quick tineye search on the image also suggested it wasn't public, as the source image couldn't be found, and therefore had to most likelycome from Elon's private photos. Making it far less likely to be a simple coincidence.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Twitter seems to be breaking right now, I'm getting tons of errors, and replies aren't showing up at all

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Parkingtigers posted:

Elon's site lets you mute or block advertisers, even if you're a lowly non-Blue commoner, which is legit one of the few good things he's done. Pretty sure it's not a great business strategy though..

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
This tweet has the screenshot of Elon posting while logged into multiple account, for anyone looking for the actual evidence:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Durzel posted:

Elon's site lets you mute or block advertisers, even if you're a lowly non-Blue commoner, which is legit one of the few good things he's done. Pretty sure it's not a great business strategy though..

Has that been automated so you can mute and block all advertisers?