Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
CM Punk doing all his backroom dealings by leaking details of his itinerary in the dirtsheets. when will he learn to deal with his problems like an adult instead of running to the sheets whenever he needs a positive story :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

If you don’t dislike Punk then I’m the forums’ biggest Wangman Stan

Um loving excuse me

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yes it would, because I don’t dislike him and yet I think it would be very funny :)

I mean, it's okay if someone dislikes him, we all have celebrities or public figures that we dislike for whatever reason, and that we find joy in gloating over their failures. I just don't think someone owning up to their mistakes and apologizing for them is particularly gloat-worthy, provided it's done in a sincere fashion (and not one of those "I'm sorry you were offended"-type of non-apologies)

Ganso Bomb posted:

Sounds more like a whine-win to me

Yeah, WBD whined to TK to bring Punk back, to which he finally caved in, just so they'd shut up and give AEW a new show and a big pile of money :c00lbert:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
look in my eyes
what do you see
a lengthy heartfelt apology

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
Everyone was so worried about Regal that we missed Punk being the real wwe mole. He's coming home.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sba posted:

look in my eyes
what do you see
a lengthy heartfelt apology

Okay a ton of these strain to fit the song but this is atrocious

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

meter is a work anyway its fine

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i kinda like punk but i like the funniest thing happening more, i did one of those dr strange scans of potential futures and 98% of them involve cm punk taking a pie to the face figuratively or literally

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Wonder if HHH actually had to ask permission from Vince to talk to Punk, or if he just used that as excuse to not have to talk to Punk and knew it'd sound believable because Vince is an insane control freak

Lmao this is probably right because it totally fits HHH's passive aggressive MO.

Either that or "the big guy" he called was Kevin Nash again :v:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The main thing about CM Punk is im glad he's finally bringing us what we truly need: a fifth weekly Tonyverse show. They can't compete with Main Event without it!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dango Bango posted:

Lmao this is probably right because it totally fits HHH's passive aggressive MO.

Either that or "the big guy" he called was Kevin Nash again :v:

Ryback is The Big Guy.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

The main thing about CM Punk is im glad he's finally bringing us what we truly need: a fifth weekly Tonyverse show. They can't compete with Main Event without it!

they have a good annual event. cm punk is ringside, 30 of his friends enter royal rumble style. the last one who is still his friend wins

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

That DICK! posted:

they have a good annual event. cm punk is ringside, 30 of his friends enter royal rumble style. the last one who is still his friend wins

lol

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
CM Punk doesn't have friends, just people he hasn't cut out of his life yet.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I mean, it's okay if someone dislikes him, we all have celebrities or public figures that we dislike for whatever reason, and that we find joy in gloating over their failures. I just don't think someone owning up to their mistakes and apologizing for them is particularly gloat-worthy, provided it's done in a sincere fashion (and not one of those "I'm sorry you were offended"-type of non-apologies)

I'm loving this visual of good, honorable man CM Punk going up to everyone at WWE that he's wronged with hat in hand to sincerely apologize for any wrongdoings based on some dirt sheet reports saying he spoke to miz and hunter. Even if you don't hate the guy it's objectively funny that he's doing an unannounced apology tour backstage at RAW on the verge of a massive AEW deal where he gets his own quarantine zone show to work with the people who he hasn't shoot punched or estranged in his short stint there.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Okay a ton of these strain to fit the song but this is atrocious

The champ is here:

flashy_mcflash posted:

quote:

TNATROLL3 days ago 

GFW Fans: (parody to All Star by Smash Mouth) 

At TripleMania, Sexy Star injured Rosemary with an arm bar 
She’s lucky the Demon Assassin didn’t retaliate with some mist spitting 
I heard it from Joseph Park that Sexy Star’s her own biggest mark 
Rosemary didn’t do anything because she didn’t want to end up in a Mexican prison 

Congrats to Eddie Edwards on his GHC title win 
Even when he acts serious, he can’t hide his grin 
I heard a rumor and I don’t know if it’s a true story 
But apparently RVD wanted to change BFG to Bong for Glory 
When Bruce Prichard’s on TV, some people develop Tourette's 
Jim Cornette’s going to get Kongo Kong to wear a singlet
Eli Drake has a golden voice and silver tongue 
Don’t ever doubt or underestimate the defiant one 

Hey now, GFW fans, every Thursday night, it’s time to watch Impact 
Hey now, GFW fans, wouldn’t it be great if at BFG, Austin Aries came back 
Eli Drake’s always focused and hungry 
If you never thought he’d be world champion, he’ll call you a dummy 

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

You think he passed out any Starbucks gift cards while hanging with his new friends?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

explosivo posted:

Even if you don't hate the guy it's objectively funny that he's doing an unannounced apology tour backstage at RAW

Okay, I do have to admit there is somewhat of a humorous element to this particular point, yes. :v:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Shine posted:

The champ is here:

this rules lol

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dacap posted:

I also can’t imagine the network that has the other belt is going to be happy that their championship is explicitly the lesser one.

The whole point of having two world titles before this was so each show/network had a full set of champs. Combining them (and the tags) in the first place because they ran out of accomplishments to give Roman was incredibly dumb if they had no plans to even split them again.

Fox/USA - "I thought you said our network was going to have the wwf champion on it?"
Vince - "I said you will have A wwf champion!"

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Lol that HHH had to ask his daddy for permission.

It would be so funny if Punk got HHH in trouble over this and Vince used it as further justification that HHH can’t be trusted to run the product

"Dad, can I have friends come over?"
"Sure... wait who is it?"
"Its <quietly> Phil."
"THAT DOUCEHBAG?!? OH HELL NO!!! TELL HIM TO GET THE HELL OUT! AND YOU ARE GROUNDED!"
"I HATE YOU! YOU'RE NOT MY REAL FATHER!" <slams door>

Teenage me would have related to this version of Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Effin dads man.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

One of those TNA song guys did one to the tune of the saved by the bell theme but extended “saved by the bell” to “saved by the bell to bell” and I will never forget that terrible terrible thing

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That DICK! posted:

i kinda like punk but i like the funniest thing happening more, i did one of those dr strange scans of potential futures and 98% of them involve cm punk taking a pie to the face figuratively or literally

Shawn Michaels did that already.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It’s Henderson’s world baby, and we’re just paying our landlord his rent.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Clearly the new funniest option is for them to give the Cody belt to Punk instead of Cody, only for Punk to once again immediately melt down and/or turn his bones to dust

I don’t dislike Cody, but unfortunately for him, him continually stepping on rakes is the most entertaining thing in wrestling right now

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I mean the alternative would have been to take the belts off the part-timer and put them onto somebody who will work both shows but symphony of screeching hell-gears turning, powering whatever hideous process passes for Vince McMahon's madness riddled thought process.

Also; new belt is a compromise between "want big goal belt" and "Must engrave brand on everything. Get me a laser so I may engrave brand on the moon". Which is about as good as you're going to get.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

That DICK! posted:

I wouldn't go that far

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

What if all of Punk's apologizes were passive aggressive insults of AEW guys?

"Sorry Hunter, you were right to bury Jericho all those times. Now, where's Ryback? I gotta tell him he isn't the biggest empty headed dumbfuck that I know anymore."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Punk beats Cody for the WHC, breaks his foot again, Cody named interim WHC, Punk goes to the presser to reveal Ace Steel was the actual leader of the conspiracy

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Get me a laser so I may engrave brand on the moon".

The WWE remake of Hancock has a disturbing ending visual.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I was thinking more "The Tick"
Except since the logo is only 3 letters The Tick doesn't stop them in time.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I think we should all be emotionally healthier and more willing to mend our disagreements, and I hope one day we can all be as mature around here as CM Punk.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Chris James 2 posted:

:rubby: Heyman/Reigns will absolutely make fun of the participation trophy on-air and we'll get a report from Dave or PWInsider about that champ's TV network being mad about it right before the TV deals are set to expire
Fox buying Smackdown and the Survivor Series right before their debut Smackdown going 1-12 or something with a Fox executive in the front row is an all-time WWE moment. iirc the only reason they even had the one win (which was on the pre-show) was by accident

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lmao they made Cody a failson belt

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

And then they'll give Vince 10 billion dollars because the man fails on an upward trajectory.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CarlCX posted:

I think we should all be emotionally healthier and more willing to mend our disagreements, and I hope one day we can all be as mature around here as CM Punk.

Well said

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Shine posted:

The champ is here:

jesus christ

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Rarity posted:

Lmao they made Cody a failson belt

That Brock's likely going to go over him for :roflolmao:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Why does everyone think Brock is getting this belt? Brock is going over Cody at Backlash before Cody beats The Miz for the TNT title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Why does everyone think Brock is getting this belt? Brock is going over Cody at Backlash before Cody beats The Miz for the TNT title

Because Cody having what is ostensibly a vanity belt made for him, only to fall flat on his face at the final hurdle again - only this time to the other absentee perpetual champion - is the funnier option.