Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Sorry losers, Zero rules and she'll be around forever and we'll go on adventures with her and Graha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

But have you considered: she’s hot and I want a woman in the cast I actually think is hot. All the other women in the main cast are 16 or a terminally flat character.

e:

Macaluso posted:

Sorry losers, Zero rules and she'll be around forever and we'll go on adventures with her and Graha
:hmmyes:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
No more Zero until you finish your last two Zeros, Gaia and Fordola

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

hopeandjoy posted:

But have you considered: she’s hot and I want a woman in the cast I actually think is hot. All the other women in the main cast are 16 or a terminally flat character.

You're also wrong, Y'shtola is hot and my wife

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
I would like to see a Gaia and Zero character arc.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Macaluso posted:

You're also wrong, Y'shtola is hot and my wife

I would like Y’shtola if she had like, any character development.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i like Zero because she's super cool and is also learning the meaning of friendship

really i just want Urianger back. i dont' actually remember where he's supposed to be at this point. is he still supposedly babysitting the loporrits?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Vitamean posted:

It's a good bit of nonsense. Like, I can get that at face value, "turn 1500 uncapped tomes into an upgrade" sounds lame, but here's a big list of opportunities you can take to work towards that step instead of do FATE, hope a token drops:

Yeah.

I've noticed one thing about these relics is that they have me doing less-popular roulettes a lot more often. I do Trials and Normal raids almost every day now, and I am way more likely to hit up the 5/6/7/8 roulette than I used to be.

IMO, a grind that mostly funnels players through roulettes to popular older content for newer players is way healthier for the game than a grind that mostly encourages people to go BLU it up in Stormblood FATEs.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Kerrzhe posted:

really i just want Urianger back. i dont' actually remember where he's supposed to be at this point. is he still supposedly babysitting the loporrits?

This and also on a honeymoon with traveling with Thancred.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Firebert posted:

Gaia is my daughter's goth girlfriend and Fordola is way, way too angry to be a Zero.

In conclusion, we will continue to enjoy Zero's company.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

She’s gonna join the Scions, it’s pretty obviously a Zero to Hero situation

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
I'm enjoying Zero, but we need more fresh blood than just her.

I propose Erenville gets promoted, cause he's also hot and cool, and we can easily justify having a Gleamer around if we're exploring a new continent.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

What is this thing you call food?

What's friendship?

What are these feelings?

Oh I'm a person now

That's Zero's whole arc

E: not that I dislike her in the context of the story, it's just a character type that's never excited me

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 25, 2023

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Gaia is my daughter's goth girlfriend and Fordola is way, way too angry to be a Zero.

In conclusion, we will continue to enjoy Zero's company.

FFXIV-2 spinoff game where the crew is Gaia, Fordola, and Zero being mall goths.

wokow6 posted:

I'm enjoying Zero, but we need more fresh blood than just her.

I propose Erenville gets promoted, cause he's also hot and cool, and we can easily justify having a Gleamer around if we're exploring a new continent.

While I like Erenville as much as the next vaguely-bisexual guy, my thirst is already being spread a bit thin between G'raha, Urianger, and Thancred. I need some femme thirst so that the 'vaguely' doesn't collapse under the weight of its own delusions.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Macaluso posted:

:yeah:

My new 2nd best friend in MSQ now :v:

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I mean they added Zero to the Trust system with this last dungeon. She's gonna be around a while.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

hopeandjoy posted:

She's died like eight times. What more do you want from her?

bobtheconqueror posted:

I mean they added Zero to the Trust system with this last dungeon. She's gonna be around a while.

There have been one off Trust members already tbf

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

There are a bunch of one-off Duty Support NPCs but none of those are available in the Trust version of the system. That's what's weird about Zero

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/fittingxivsongs/status/1650906749686235175?s=46&t=-83MqnB_46lmmYtdOkaTyg

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

THE CREEP OF MENDACITY HAS RETURNED TO THE LAND

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

stev posted:

She's died like eight times. What more do you want from her?

She's on her last life then?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
thinking about In the Balance.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Countblanc posted:

thinking about In the Balance.

Cannot wait for the new raid track

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

stev posted:

There have been one off Trust members already tbf

Well then obviously we need Ryne back as well

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Firebert posted:

None of those characters are alike at all except for being Not Chipper. And they're not even "Not Chipper" in remotely the same way.

Don't be goony about women please be normal I beg you.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

FuturePastNow posted:

There are a bunch of one-off Duty Support NPCs but none of those are available in the Trust version of the system. That's what's weird about Zero

Yeah it'd be really strange for them to add Zero as a trust member for all of one or two dungeons, I think. I'd think differently if she was just added to the duty support menu. It's way too similar to them adding G'raha in post-Shadowbringers, which makes me think she'll be around through this next expansion at least. I could certainly be incorrect, but that's what it seems like to me.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

hopeandjoy posted:

You should play Shadowbringers, it's a pretty good expansion.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Cabbit posted:

You should play Shadowbringers, it's a pretty good expansion.

I personally felt like Y'shtola's character development in Shadowbringers didn't do all that much to pull her away from being a "flat" character. Through the Night's Blessed, we flesh out things about the person Y'shtola already was, but we don't see her change, which is I think what people complain about when they say Y'shtola is a flat character. Contrast it with Thancred's relationship with Ryne, which was also formed offscreen during a timeskip--we see onscreen development of the latter as it changes over the course of the expansion (Thancred goes from Bad Dad to Forgiven Dad), but not of the former (Y'shtola starts off as the caring leader of the Night's Blessed, and that dynamic doesn't really change despite her stepping down from the position).

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Any good writeups on what to aim for this treasure trove yet?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

None of those characters are alike at all except for being Not Chipper. And they're not even "Not Chipper" in remotely the same way.

Don't be goony about women please be normal I beg you.

This is a really weird post about a one sentence joke but go off I guess?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

We were 4-manning Tam-Tara Hard in about 11 minutes, which at 4 each isn't bad if you don't want to do trial spamming. Alexander might be fast enough to be more efficient. No clue about Porta Decumana, I can't recall if there's cutscenes to deal with.

Main thing to remember in Tam-Tara is don't AoE the first boss's adds. Focus on her, she targets someone with a purple AoE (that's safe to stand in) that kills the adds without them exploding. Before I joined my guildies they had a pubbie dancer who refused to not go AoE nuke as hard as they could. This isn't something you need to wait for a minute or avoid blinking in their direction, it's 10 dang seconds to hold your horses.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I was mostly just doing A1N in the duty finder, queue times ranged from instant to a couple minutes and it took 3-4 minutes to run. I hear blue mage groups can do it in 2:19, which is a little over a minute a mogtome

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Here's the Blue Mage farming rundown from Blue Academy, text and video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtADogk7gf8

Electric Phantasm posted:

Any good writeups on what to aim for this treasure trove yet?
As far as what to get:
-The earrings are exclusive to this event, get them if you care about earring glams
-The Predator mount can be farming from the Ala Mhigo dungeon but it's really rare. I'd get it from this
-Megalotragus goes for about 800k on NA data centers; up to you if you'd want to pay that or farm tomestones or farm Ishgard scrips
-Twinning music was under 100k before the event started and is currently around 400k
-Gyr Abanian Plait is also 800k+
-Emote is 270k+ or Ishgard scrips

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Reminder: Eorzean Symphony Vol. 3 is out today

Studio version (new stuff only): https://music.apple.com/us/album/eorzean-symphony-final-fantasy-xiv-orchestral-album-vol-3/1683052365

Concert version (live version of the studio album, with twice as many tracks and Soken Shenanigans): https://music.apple.com/us/album/eorzean-symphony-final-fantasy-xiv-orchestral-album/1683052687

Soken's definitely getting better at the Otamatone.

Varance fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 26, 2023

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Warmachine posted:

FFXIV-2 spinoff game where the crew is Gaia, Fordola, and Zero being mall goths.

Fordola's not a mall goth. She's that angry kid in the army cadets that everyone vaguely worries about getting access to firearms.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

Fordola's not a mall goth. She's that angry kid in the army cadets that everyone vaguely worries about getting access to firearms.

That's why it works. She's the odd one out that wears milsurp instead of Hot Topic.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Things I said during Copied Factory:
This fight music fits worse than Ivalice's.
You can't fool me, that's GladOS.
Metal... Gear!?
Wait, that wasn't the last boss?
Use your Ninja Run to climb those missiles ot the boss!

Yes, this is clearly the most important thing in this room, that I must pay exclusive attention to.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Bloody Emissary posted:

I personally felt like Y'shtola's character development in Shadowbringers didn't do all that much to pull her away from being a "flat" character. Through the Night's Blessed, we flesh out things about the person Y'shtola already was, but we don't see her change, which is I think what people complain about when they say Y'shtola is a flat character. Contrast it with Thancred's relationship with Ryne, which was also formed offscreen during a timeskip--we see onscreen development of the latter as it changes over the course of the expansion (Thancred goes from Bad Dad to Forgiven Dad), but not of the former (Y'shtola starts off as the caring leader of the Night's Blessed, and that dynamic doesn't really change despite her stepping down from the position).

Yeah, this. Y’shtola has character traits (snarky witch researcher), but she’s never been challenged in the way that the other two remaining og Scions have. End of EW: Which makes her speech to the Ea fall totally flat to me because she never expresses more than surprise when learning shocking lore and almost immediately just bounces back from it after one cutscene. Urianger was carrying that entire thing because he’s actually been challenged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

What is this thing you call food?

What's friendship?

What are these feelings?

Oh I'm a person now

That's Zero's whole arc

E: not that I dislike her in the context of the story, it's just a character type that's never excited me

Oh, this is anger. I’m Zeromus now.

I’m assuming that anyways, and we save her from the situation.