Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Sataere posted:

Nah, it doesn't surprise me.

For years, my wife would just pick whichever quarterback she felt would be good in the first round, despite me telling her how bad her process is. She took Tom Brady first because he'd won a Super Bowl when he was first starting out. And every loving time, she'd draft the best quarterback that year and win. It was hilarious and infuriating.

If you could please ask your wife who she would pick for the first overall pick this year, and get that information along to Scott Fitteter.....that would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sataere posted:

For years, my wife would just pick whichever quarterback she felt would be good in the first round, despite me telling her how bad her process is. She took Tom Brady first because he'd won a Super Bowl when he was first starting out. And every loving time, she'd draft the best quarterback that year and win. It was hilarious and infuriating.

In a friends league last year the one guy who had to autodraft his whole team steamrolled me in the playoffs on his way to second place. Fantasy football is indeed the dumbest and most infuriating game imaginable very good

My wife wants to hear about my fantasy team about as much as the average TFF poster does so I try to keep my football mental illnesses out of conversation at home

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

*sweating and breathing heavy*: ANTHONY RICHARDSON!!!

He's going to be so good. I can't wait to celebrate a decade of Super Bowl wins.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ornery and Hornery posted:

*sweating and breathing heavy*: ANTHONY RICHARDSON!!!
You're loving killing me lmao

Sataere posted:

Nah, it doesn't surprise me.
I knowwww, we've both been posting here long enough that I figured as much but it just seemed like the right thing to say.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Compare and contrast with this consensus site:

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2023/consensus-big-board-2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

This is because despite what we tell ourselves fantasy is like 95% luck.

Funny you should mention this my ex did FF exactly one year and on my advice drafted Andrew Luck they year he got hurt and I never heard the end of it

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

kiimo posted:

Funny you should mention this my ex did FF exactly one year and on my advice drafted Andrew Luck they year he got hurt and I never heard the end of it

You should have known :mad:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

"Why do you INSIST on keeping that loving whiteboard in our bedroom when you have a mancave?"

"Because YOU insist that I sleep HERE!"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
A big ol’ Pepe Silvia-style conspiracy yarn bulletin board but with QBR math equations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Imagine talking with other dads about football at your wife's brother's kid's soccer game. The gall!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sir that is the wrong kind of football talk would you please stick to discussing football

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
No woman will touch me let alone go into a binding legal union

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
2023 NFL Draft Thread: No woman will touch me

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Alright this is good, let's go Cris.

https://twitter.com/DevclemNFL/status/1650964235311018018

Just in case that guy they have starting doesn't work out or doesn't want to stick around.

e: listening to this delivery really makes me want Norm Macdonald to still be around and do a Cris Collinsworth impression.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 25, 2023

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
To be fair, or as fair as possible, he's not knocking Mahomes there, it's just 'well you don't have a backup QB and you need to spend a first round pick to replace Chad Henne.'

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

how do we not have a backup just signed Blaine Gabbert

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Checks out

:(

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Write this on my tombstone. Yes, I know I just talked about my wife. STILL APPLIES!!!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Alright this is good, let's go Cris.

https://twitter.com/DevclemNFL/status/1650964235311018018

Just in case that guy they have starting doesn't work out or doesn't want to stick around.

e: listening to this delivery really makes me want Norm Macdonald to still be around and do a Cris Collinsworth impression.

This man is paid to know about football.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

To be fair, or as fair as possible, he's not knocking Mahomes there, it's just 'well you don't have a backup QB and you need to spend a first round pick to replace Chad Henne.'

The first part of that sentence makes sense but not the second part!

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Grittybeard posted:

Whoa there motherfucker

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
bro how in the gently caress is Will Levis the straw that stirs this draft's drink apparently

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

fast cars loose anus posted:

bro how in the gently caress is Will Levis the straw that stirs this draft's drink apparently

Grit. Hustle. Student of the game. Can’t keep him out of the weight room. It’s like having a coach ON the field.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He's just this weeks' straw. It was Young just before because he separated himself, two weeks ago it was Richardson flying up draft boards, before that it was Stroud. It's a boring draft with about 10 good players in it and a bunch of just guys. They were always going to find something to make headlines.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Because he's a lunch pail guy. First guy in, last guy out. A natural leader of men.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

BlindSite posted:

He's just this weeks' straw. It was Young just before because he separated himself, two weeks ago it was Richardson flying up draft boards, before that it was Stroud. It's a boring draft with about 10 good players in it and a bunch of just guys. They were always going to find something to make headlines.

I get that part that people will try to make anything stick but Will Levis is a distant 4th QB in this class at best, it's crazy. Richardson has him handily beat on the "if he can ever put it together his physical tools will make him incredible" side and the other two can actually play quarterback at a high level

He should have, like, at best a 3rd round take a flyer grade and that's only because people will convince themselves he's a potential Josh Allen. I wouldn't waste a draft pick on him.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Because there is too much time to fill between the superbowl and the draft

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

the straw is twizzlers

the drink is mayonnaise

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I will go on record that I think Will Levis will be a better NFL QB than Anthony Richardson. AR is a longer shot lottery ball with a higher upside but his floor is superbad.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
To be fair Will Levis has real Charlie Whitehurst "carry a clipboard forever" potential I guess

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Just as a heads up if you were to put in a prediction for the draft game you're currently guaranteed to at least place.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I will go on record that I think Will Levis will be a better NFL QB than Anthony Richardson. AR is a longer shot lottery ball with a higher upside but his floor is superbad.

I also think this is true but that they will both be bad. I don’t think AR has the mental toughness to not completely collapse from mistakes. I watched it over and over in Gainesville.

Just imagine this is Billy Beane in Moneyball asking if he’s a good hitter why doesn’t he hit good again and again and again while NFL scouts think he’s suddenly going to hit better against big league arms.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Richardson will flame out faster and harder than EJ Manuel

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Levis is the most AFC South prospect of all time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Be sure to draft the Imp Zone Wrestling FEderation, and watch Sudden Impact RIGHT NOW!

https://twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
time for roasted donut's annual draft quarterback thoughts post

bryce young: definitely the best of the bunch, carolina might be a decent situation for him. hate him because he's a bammer but you go dude i guess

cj stroud: if anyone could break the ohio state qb curse it's him, but uh, good luck dude lmao

anthony richardson: bad at football in college, won't be any better in the pros

will levis: this mother fucker couldn't beat out sean clifford in a camp battle. SEAN loving CLIFFORD. and people are out here wanting to spend a top 5 pick on him. any handful of people on this forum could run a draft better than most nfl gms

hendon hooker: if i can't get bryce this is who i'm going for

MAXSAW JIM DUGGAN: not very good qb that will be in the league forever as a backup. or make a quick change to coaching staff

sleeper pick: uh clayton tune i guess.

sean clifford: will have the immaculate ability to get signed as a 4th qb somewhere and cut before camp even starts

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm a dummy who doesn't know anything about anything, but I feel like all of the rhetoric about Anthony Richardson and Will Levis is exactly the same rhetoric as Malik Willis last year.

What's the difference between them and Willis?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Roasted Donut posted:

time for roasted donut's annual draft quarterback thoughts post

bryce young: definitely the best of the bunch, carolina might be a decent situation for him. hate him because he's a bammer but you go dude i guess

cj stroud: if anyone could break the ohio state qb curse it's him, but uh, good luck dude lmao

anthony richardson: bad at football in college, won't be any better in the pros

will levis: this mother fucker couldn't beat out sean clifford in a camp battle. SEAN loving CLIFFORD. and people are out here wanting to spend a top 5 pick on him. any handful of people on this forum could run a draft better than most nfl gms

hendon hooker: if i can't get bryce this is who i'm going for

MAXSAW JIM DUGGAN: not very good qb that will be in the league forever as a backup. or make a quick change to coaching staff

sleeper pick: uh clayton tune i guess.

sean clifford: will have the immaculate ability to get signed as a 4th qb somewhere and cut before camp even starts

I can't really disagree with a lot of this

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also Jake Haener is going to get drafted in the second and might not be that bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd be willing to bet a dollar that if Sean Clifford goes undrafted he ends up being a Bengal. Zac Taylor spends a lot of time around the St Xavier High School football program and I'm sure Specht has been talking him up.