Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
I haven't played or thought about Magic in a really long time but I'd like to thank this thread for making me aware of the cool art collabs. I bought the Lisa Frank cards as a gift for a friend who is on a Lisa Frank themed kickball team and I'm excited to see what she thinks. :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

some of the banned cards were racist but in that insensitive grognard way while the 1488 card was intentionally racist and drawn by an artist who came out as a neo nazi wotc probably didnt know of the significance of 1488 but he likely did

yeah, like he was probably angling to get that number for a while and wotc was probably like "huh, that's weird, but sure whatever."

anyhow, which was the really gross rpg system that had all the absolutely gross rape poo poo in it as a core mechanic? that's the one i was having weird echoes of with the goon who modded rimworld.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

NoiseAnnoys posted:

occam's razor suggests that the racist artist probably really wanted to get the chance to illustrate card 1488, not that wotc are giant racists*.

*or at least not any more bigoted than old grognards tended to be in that era.

Yeah, but my understanding is that the card was drawn and in the game before the database was made and therefore the number was assigned to it. It’s just an amazingly unlikely coincidence, the one of the three cards drawn by the nazi, the one that was clearly an allusion to the kkk, ended up in 1488. Weirder things have happened, according to clickbait ads that pass themselves off as listicles I run into all the time when browsing social media.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

NoiseAnnoys posted:

yeah, like he was probably angling to get that number for a while and wotc was probably like "huh, that's weird, but sure whatever."

anyhow, which was the really gross rpg system that had all the absolutely gross rape poo poo in it as a core mechanic? that's the one i was having weird echoes of with the goon who modded rimworld.

thats FATAL

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
theres a table top game made by white supramacists which is incredibly racist but also makes the master race (white people) the worst race in the game because they have no racist super powers and everything beats the poo poo out of them

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

“Four orcs jump out of the bushes in a surprise ambush! Roll for penis circumference.”

“Don’t you mean initiative?”

“I said what I said.”

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

NoiseAnnoys posted:

goon who modded rimworld.

What did they do?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

skeleton warrior posted:

So for it to have to have been on purpose, you’d have to believe that Wizards of the Coast and all of its contracted designers spent ten years carefully arranging names to ensure that that one ended up specifically in #1488.

Sure, I can do that.

more like grand wizards of the coast amirite

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Waste of Breath posted:

I haven't played or thought about Magic in a really long time but I'd like to thank this thread for making me aware of the cool art collabs. I bought the Lisa Frank cards as a gift for a friend who is on a Lisa Frank themed kickball team and I'm excited to see what she thinks. :angel:

tbh if it wasn't for my friends playing I wouldn't have gotten back into it. I loved it as a kid but didn't know much beyond "woah cool green dragon"

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

TheMightyBoops posted:

What did they do?

From pentyne, he who remembers, earlier in the thread:

Dareon posted:

A) They even added literal DOOM imps.

B) You have mass graves? I've just been filling the area around my anima tree with single graves like a chump. There is, of course, the option of the dumping stockpile off in a corner you rarely visit, but I'd like something smaller.

On the "most horrible atrocity" front, yeah, once you add in genitalia things can start leaning way more heavily towards "call the cops."

The most hosed-up thing I'm willing to tell you about was tranquilizing a wandering thrumbo, removing its massive dragon dick, and grafting it to one of my female colonists. She had a minor mood debuff until she used it on her husband a few times. Another penis recipient seemed to be stuck on "Ahhh! I'm a monster!" but too bad, lady, in this colony everyone makes huge cums.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Rimworld thread in general seems to be people sharing tips and tricks and a few people admitting to massive war crimes against their colonists

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

skeleton warrior posted:

“Four orcs jump out of the bushes in a surprise ambush! Roll for penis circumference.”

“Don’t you mean initiative?”

“I said what I said.”

roll for girth.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
PYF Something Awful Legends: in this colony everyone makes huge cums

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Kinda mad half-orcs are not (yet) available in Baldur's Gate 3. Wanna make a rogue

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
i like to commit war crimes in stellaris such as blowing planets up and eating the entire population of my enemies

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I remember someone taking a look at FATAL and concluding that there was no point to investigating in any combat stats, because the combat system was a loving mess. The better way to kill poo poo was to exploit the orifice rupture rules by rolling a character with a penis and sticking said penis in the ear of anything that dared cross you.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I don't remember that episode of the orifice

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i like to commit war crimes in stellaris such as blowing planets up and eating the entire population of my enemies
the more additions they add to stellaris, the more horrific crimes against life itself you can commit

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019
The last time I played with a friend, he was doing a.. I think it was Barbaric Despoiler Necrophage or something like that, lots of words in a row.

But his big trick was that he could bombard planets to steal their pops, and turn "unwanted" pops into members of his weird vampire species rather than just have them toiling away as slaves. So he spent most of the game picking fights with his neighbours for stupid reasons, immediately crippling them, and then spending the next few years just stealing everyone on their planets so they could be sent to the vampire mines.

By endgame he had.. more pops than most of the galaxy, and his vampire production facility was backlogged by at least a century or so. And for some reason the community voted him emperor. We could have rigged it, but the AIs apparently thought he was the best choice even without him forcing the issue using his absurd diplomatic weight off all those stolen pops.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i havent played stellaris in a year or two but i always end up destroying all the other alien species i conquer because they're too stupid not to move to planets that they low habitability for and get huge debuffs. like you're from a jungle planet, why are you moving to a frozen mountain world?????????? gently caress you time to purge.

i hope they get around to fixing that one day...

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Grassy Knowles posted:

I'm glad they didn't include Guitar Wolf.

I still have no idea how I ended up watching the movie Wild Zero, but i'm glad I did get to see the leader of Guitar Wolf slice an alien UFO in two with his katana (or was it his guitar? idk, it's been a while)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

that's right

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

It is how the game is meant to be played.

In the console civilization game I always raced to the nuke then launched it. Restarted right after that.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Pleased to meet you, Mahatma.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

civ nukes are weak, planet busters are where it's at

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
all these space 4x games i end up releasing some sort of robot uprising or nanomachine apocalypse

very ted faro, best intentions but you can't stop what's inevitable

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
paradox games rule

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
but never join a paradox games discord

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
been playing a lot of master of orion 2 recently and in my early wars I'll carefully avoid civilian casualties (because those civilians are about to become productive citizens of my empire) but then once I hit the inflection point where I'm unstoppable and newly conquered colonies are just annoyances that ping me when they need orders I'll research the infinite-range fuel cells and just bomb the remaining half of the galaxy to death to get to the win screen

or research evolutionary mutation, take telepathic as my bonus trait, and mind control them all so I don't need to bother building troop transports

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’ve honestly been kind of cold on Vicky 3, it feels so samey between all countries and I don’t know if the bones are there to fix what bugs me about it without pulling a Stellaris “woops, we don’t know what we want this game to be”

Anyway it’s fine, I’ve got some Imperator: Rome to catch up on

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

are you afraid of running into Party Plane Jones?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

That was RUST, totally different :v:

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Spanish Manlove posted:

It’s ok, he’ll tell you who he is as soon as you see him

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Stellaris is fun and if you play as a fanatic xenophobes, you can combine nihilistic acquisition with undesirables -> processing to get all the other empires really upset

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Can't believe Paradox is creating nazis by having their video game perform poorly when there is a bunch of species in space, encouraging players to be genocidal smh

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

It's also the game where rerolling low stats and skills during character creation earns you allergies and mental handicaps. Also also, you roll for maximum animal circumference, which is variable enough that in my experience attempts at playing the game inevitably end with characters wearing each other as hats.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I remember someone taking a look at FATAL and concluding that there was no point to investigating in any combat stats, because the combat system was a loving mess. The better way to kill poo poo was to exploit the orifice rupture rules by rolling a character with a penis and sticking said penis in the ear of anything that dared cross you.

The manual has sell price tables that include values for buckets of piss, but then the rules for pissing are just "roll for stream strength" with no, like, hydration or time requirement. It's just an astonishingly bad system. Infinite money for the price of a bucket.

Oh and it has theme music

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
so get this when you play as a fanatical pacifist you cant declare war on the fascists what the hell

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

so get this when you play as a fanatical pacifist you cant declare war on the fascists what the hell

fanatical pacifists are supporters of the unjust peace (and also weird definitions of pacificism from the mapgames nerds)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Why can't my egalitarian empire completely halt birth rates but authoritarians can? Does worshipping the ghost of hitler turn off my populations balls??