Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so his gimmick is fonts?

No his gimmick is scrypts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Is this the Undertale I've heard so much about? Kenny did it better

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
So he gives a prescription...and it's pain?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Miching Mallecho posted:

So he gives a prescription...and it's pain?

Stark commentary on the opioid crisis. WWE once again making movies.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
literally spit-take when it said Scryptz

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Scryptz is Reggie right?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

this is not only a movie and cinema but proof we need to give scrypts his flowers

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

This is one of the weirdest most uncomfortable and funniest videos i’ve seen in a minute.

https://youtu.be/YcZiSKMtK20

Sometimes I just have to laugh at the kind of poo poo wrestling fans find interesting, especially me. I love how much endless funny rear end interviews there are. Bret Hart is so funny the way he looks at Tom.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

WWE: Pay attention, please

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Getting rid of work from home is a good way to punish your workers, while making sure they hate you. Maybe they’re desperate to restart the soccer team

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

We joke about Punk going on an apology tour, but damned if he didn't actually make amends with the Miz, and would have done the same with Paul Triple H if Daddy Mustache hadn't said no

Forgive my ignorance.

But why did Punk have beef with Miz?

Was it over some bullshit "Miz can't wrestle" thing Punk said somewhere? Coz surely Miz has heard worse about himself from people who would have meant it more at some stage. Also he doesn't seem the kind to get offended or hold grudges.

Or did Miz run his mouth about being better than Punk coz he won a Wrestlemanis Main Event, and Punk got rightfully offended? But Miz again doesnt seem the kind to do something that stupid and provably wrong.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He's publicly talked poo poo about Miz a lot, all the more jarring considering how Miz went out of his way to sing his praises on the Punk doco WWE did back in the day.

The only poo poo talk Miz has publicly done regarding Punk has been in response to Punk's apparently one-sided beef.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

BrigadierSensible posted:

Forgive my ignorance.

But why did Punk have beef with Miz?

Was it over some bullshit "Miz can't wrestle" thing Punk said somewhere? Coz surely Miz has heard worse about himself from people who would have meant it more at some stage. Also he doesn't seem the kind to get offended or hold grudges.

Or did Miz run his mouth about being better than Punk coz he won a Wrestlemanis Main Event, and Punk got rightfully offended? But Miz again doesnt seem the kind to do something that stupid and provably wrong.

I don’t know anything about their supposed beef before this, or any instances where Punk was poo poo talking Miz unprovoked. The only instance I know is that Miz randomly took a shot at Punk referencing his first appearance on that lame Backstage show and Punk responded on Twitter with “go suck a blood money covered dick you loving dork”

It’s still very weird that Punk took that job

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Titan Towers taking part in one last Bacchanalia?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I loving love the Miz, even though he absolutely sucks in the ring and only decent on the stick, but he's just so endearing.

still lol'ing at what set cm punk off cause he must have practiced that line a billion times before he said it.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Island Nation posted:

Titan Towers taking part in one last Bacchanalia?

The 120 days of Stamford.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Per SRS, Punk's specific conversation card if you want to tea leaves it:

He spoke with Triple H, Bobby Lashley, Baron Corbin, The Miz and Tamina, and was asked to leave.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That just raises further questions for me

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Arbite posted:

The 120 days of Stamford.

Lmfao mustachioed Vince would absolutely have fit in that movie.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tamina is a strictly Costa girl so Punk had to go

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

starting the rumor that he thought corbin was ryback and made amends with him

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I didn’t know Tamina was even still there though I thought for sure she was gone forever ago

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
CM Punk talks a big game about workers rights;;, and yet he’s supporting Starbucks which is in the middle of an active nationwide union-busting campaign. very interesting!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/AdamYeary15/status/1651051999419330560

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

If only there was some sort of centre where WWE wrestlers could practice their performance so this stuff doesn't happen on live TV. Oh well, a man can dream.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

genuine lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

According to my good friend AEWBotches thats the same as you'd see in a Bucks match

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Pitwar posted:

If only there was some sort of centre where WWE wrestlers could practice their performance so this stuff doesn't happen on live TV. Oh well, a man can dream.

To be fair, it's only developmental and always was (except when it was a valid third brand at Survivor Series the one night of the year where all brands face each other for supremacy up until a period where they moved to Wednesdays and then to Tuesdays for no obvious reason).

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

didnt get all of it!!!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Bowling shoe ugly

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Golden Bee posted:

Getting rid of work from home is a good way to punish your workers lay off your workers without paying them severance

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pitwar posted:

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm pretty sure the bringing people back into the office thing is to get them to quit so they have less firing to do, right?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Weren't WWE stans *just* complaining about Vikingo and Komander's stuff looking too contrived because of setup?

:lol:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That and to micromanage people more. Win win for management.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

MJeff posted:

I'm pretty sure the bringing people back into the office thing is to get them to quit so they have less firing to do, right?

Absolutely to pay less severance.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

Definitely, with the added bonus of those who stay being the absolute most loyal idiots for you to cull in the layoffs

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i just received word. wwe has bodyslammed the competion.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Vince McMahon, WWE Sued by Ex-Writer Over ‘Racist’ Scene Scripts

quote:

World Wrestling Entertainment Inc., Vince McMahon, and other executives allegedly discriminated and retaliated against a Black female writer for objecting to “offensively racist and stereotypical jargon” used in the scripts of Black wrestlers including Bianca Belair and Apollo Crews, according to a new lawsuit.

Britney Abrahams’ multiple complaints were ignored, and she was pretextually terminated for taking home a WrestleMania-branded chair, according to the complaint filed in the US District Court for the Eastern District of New York on Monday.

McMahon reinstated himself to the WWE’s board in January and in faces ongoing litigation stemming from his alleged rape and sexually assault of employees. The WWE recently announced it plans to merge with the UFC, which would create a $21.4 billion enterprise.

Abrahams began writing for WWE SmackDown! and WWE Monday Night RAW in 2020, according to the complaint. She complained of racial and gender stereotypes in scripts, including ones instructing Belair to say “Uh-Uh! Don’t make me take off my earrings and beat your rear end! " and Crews to speak with a “stereotypical and exaggerated Nigerian accent,” but was rebuffed, she said.

WWE didn’t immediately respond to Bloomberg Law’s request for comment.

‘Harmful Stereotypes’
She was allegedly subject to a number of racist pitches after complaining. On a Slack thread that McMahon and his daughter Stephanie McMahon were included on, other writers suggested a Black male wrestler should dress in drag. Only when a White writer noted that doing so could “perpetuate harmful stereotypes that would offend viewers” was the pitch scrapped, she said.

On another occasion, a writer allegedly proposed that a Muslim’s wrestler’s secret in a script be that he was “behind the 9/11 attacks.”

Abrahams and other writers complained about the comments, to which Vice President Christine Lubrano allegedly responded, “Wacky things are said in the writer’s room all the time!” and “I know but look at the waves we’re making in the company. 4 years ago, no woman worked on the writer’s team!”

Abrahams continued to opposed racist, sexist pitches, she said, and was fired in retaliation in April 2022. WWE fired her for taking with her a WrestleMania 38 branded chair, but the practice was allegedly a common practice that White male writers weren’t punished for.

She is seeking reinstatement, damages, declaratory judgment, and an injunction restraining defendants from engaging in such unlawful conduct.
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/vince-mcmahon-wwe-sued-by-ex-writer-over-racist-scene-scripts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was with her until she sought reinstatement.