Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I had to download a mod to let authoritarian empires exterminate their populace without needing to be xenophobic, so maybe the answer is somewhere in the middle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Just gently caress their wife

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Trying to view the Greek castration performance bug through this lens.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
what the hell more pops make the game laggy so i have to commit genocide to keep the game stable bullshit dood

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

(Throw-up burp cause I didn’t take my antacid) strengthen bloodline

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If the species tab didn't turn into a giant mess every game, I wouldn't have to clean it up so often. Their blood is on the UI designers hands not mine

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

This is why I play robots. We take over a planet, and the organics just leave, no muss, no fuss.

At least, that’s what I assume they do. I really don’t pay attention to those screens in the game.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

i have a vague memory of a moderator bragging about being a MENSA member and sneaking their membership card into photos they posted, like a less self-confident Wayne Gretsky. did that happen?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

i have a vague memory of a moderator bragging about being a MENSA member and sneaking their membership card into photos they posted, like a less self-confident Wayne Gretsky. did that happen?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Blue Footed Booby posted:

maximum animal circumference

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

This is funny by itself but what's funny about it in a meta sense is that rutabaga isn't a word in several forms of English so a lot of people legitimately wouldn't get it

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The manual has sell price tables that include values for buckets of piss, but then the rules for pissing are just "roll for stream strength" with no, like, hydration or time requirement. It's just an astonishingly bad system. Infinite money for the price of a bucket.

There's so much going on with FATAL, but the concept that Urination is a skill you can take, and that you can get so good at it that you can produce infinite urine with no liquid input, is still the funniest loving thing to me. It sounds like the kind of skill a classical culture hero would end up having when the skalds get really drunk and start riffing on the legendarium

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Antivehicular posted:

There's so much going on with FATAL, but the concept that Urination is a skill you can take, and that you can get so good at it that you can produce infinite urine with no liquid input, is still the funniest loving thing to me. It sounds like the kind of skill a classical culture hero would end up having when the skalds get really drunk and start riffing on the legendarium

Reminds me of the video for Fidlar’s Cocaine

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A lot of infamous 'games' aren't so much systems that function in any way and more long insane screeds with the loose theme of a RPG. Mind you, a lot of 'game design' in the space especially in the 90s and 00s isn't far off from that level of effort or care.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A lot of infamous 'games' aren't so much systems that function in any way and more long insane screeds with the loose theme of a RPG. Mind you, a lot of 'game design' in the space especially in the 90s and 00s isn't far off from that level of effort or care.

what i unironicaly love about rpgs is some weird rear end motherfuckers tried to model and gameify every part of human existence in order to live out their desires. imagine having to roll a 2d6 for success on swallowing everytime you took a drink or ate a bite of food?

mr. bibs of course would fail every saving throw due to his class weakness against encased meat products.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
mr bibs took the "can't eat hot dogs" flaw and didn't even put those points back into anything useful, smh

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

what i unironicaly love about rpgs is some weird rear end motherfuckers tried to model and gameify every part of human existence in order to live out their desires. imagine having to roll a 2d6 for success on swallowing everytime you took a drink or ate a bite of food?

mr. bibs of course would fail every saving throw due to his class weakness against encased meat products.

It took a horribly long time for it to stop being conventional accepted wisdom that a TRPG ruleset should be treated as and aspire to be a physics engine.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

The Deleter posted:

mr bibs took the "can't eat hot dogs" flaw and didn't even put those points back into anything useful, smh

took three specializations in "useless pedantics" and two in "insufferable posting"

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
I took a bite of food and it went down the wrong way and I choked to death? Bullshit dood, I did nothing wrong. Beginner's trap. How are you even meant to get onto solids

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It took a horribly long time for it to stop being conventional accepted wisdom that a TRPG ruleset should be treated as and aspire to be a physics engine.

i know, it's amazin.g.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

*rolls 1*

oh no! my multi-class elf fighter-mage who had lived for centuries and wields the eldritch power beyond the ken of ordinary minds has died from trying to hold in a fart and failing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

both board games and video games figured out a lot of sensible design stuff that took ttrpgs years to catch up on

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

NoiseAnnoys posted:

*rolls 1*

oh no! my multi-class elf fighter-mage who had lived for centuries and wields the eldritch power beyond the ken of ordinary minds has died from trying to hold in a fart and failing.
Rolling a charisma check to see whether or not you can successfully blame it on the dog.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Terrible Opinions posted:

Trying to view the Greek castration performance bug through this lens.

That was one of the best patch notes I ever saw.

Then again I don't make a habit if reading patch notes.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Party Plane Jones, they were a secret Nazi or something, right?

I haven't been playing any space games lately, but MK11 is pretty fun. I like playing as Shao Khan.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Runa posted:

both board games and video games figured out a lot of sensible design stuff that took ttrpgs years to catch up on

Off the cuff, I wonder if the issue is at least partially that both board and video games involve enough different skills and pieces that they're harder to put together without actually playing your own product, or at least showing it to someone else. There's a near zero percent chance anyone other than the creators read every one of the like three hundred pages of FATAL.

lol it's apparently not a phase google expected me to type

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Apr 26, 2023

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Leave posted:

he was playing secret agent on an alt-right Rust server to guard against potential forums infiltration. as the previous sentence suggests, he was also very dumb

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Antivehicular posted:

a person like this would be ideally positioned to discover phosphorous

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Leave posted:

I haven't been playing any space games lately, but MK11 is pretty fun. I like playing as Shao Khan.

I personally am not sure and do not think he is one but he's definitely the dumbass who has become such a good secret agent (that nobody appointed) he would be at a ceremony receiving the iron cross while doing the David Mitchell are we the baddies face

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

this is, in my opinion, a good video game

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Nuns with Guns posted:

I'm really interested in trying out Shadows of Doubt, a semi-procedureally-generated murder mystery immersive sim that was just released yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeB4veq5IRI

hey i bought it it's really fun

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Leave posted:

He's not a Nazi but a massive idiot.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Yeah it did. It was Spanish Manlove.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah it did. It was Spanish Manlove.

Yeah I remember that. Definitely him.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Oh, I'm sorry I thought he was a Nazi. Sounds like a massive moron all the same, though.

As a serious question, what would a forums "infiltration" even accomplish? Like, oh no, other people are posting here, how terrible

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

cheetah7071 posted:

been playing a lot of master of orion 2 recently and in my early wars I'll carefully avoid civilian casualties (because those civilians are about to become productive citizens of my empire) but then once I hit the inflection point where I'm unstoppable and newly conquered colonies are just annoyances that ping me when they need orders I'll research the infinite-range fuel cells and just bomb the remaining half of the galaxy to death to get to the win screen

or research evolutionary mutation, take telepathic as my bonus trait, and mind control them all so I don't need to bother building troop transports
:same: MOO2 holds up surprisingly well for being older than these forums. The Stellar Converter animation is satisfying every single time.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Leave posted:

As a serious question, what would a forums "infiltration" even accomplish?

its like posting but you hum the james bond theme and do the "dah dah DUH daaaaah" part every time you press submit

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Leave posted:

Oh, I'm sorry I thought he was a Nazi. Sounds like a massive moron all the same, though.

As a serious question, what would a forums "infiltration" even accomplish? Like, oh no, other people are posting here, how terrible
It would have allowed him to keep playing Rust on that server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Leave posted:

The gist of what happened was one of two things

A: he was indeed trying to spy on them to warn people when they were getting targeted by Nazis. Except he was a loving moron and used the same account name

B: he was already friends with them for a long time and played games with them. When found out he played it off like he was spying.

I don't remember the specifics so in my mind it's both things at once