Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

A little more context on this. They cannot conceive that Steve Albini the famous producer isnt paying for twitter likes because their lovely terf opinions aren't popular.

https://twitter.com/electricalWSOP/status/1650629025151287297

https://twitter.com/electricalWSOP/status/1650838522293624832

https://twitter.com/Charlie_Carrel/status/1650843100971933697

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Welcome to a land that's way under down under, the sky is always yellow in rain or shine.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Could it be that my tweets are poo poo?

No, it must be the metrics that are wrong.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Lots of people are seeing my tweets but no one is liking them...impossible.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
This is probably the first time I’ve been thankful for (or paid attention to) the new metrics and I’m kind of loving it rn. That’s a solid 0.04% conversion on Views to Likes.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

DRINK ME posted:

This is probably the first time I’ve been thankful for (or paid attention to) the new metrics and I’m kind of loving it rn. That’s a solid 0.04% conversion on Views to Likes.

Yeah, Elon has made Twitter funny for a bit. Monstrously worse but it's quite funny watching broke brain fools come up against statistics showing just how alone they are outside their bubble and just going full blown conspiracy theory about the stats being wrong.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Inceltown posted:

Could it be that my tweets are poo poo?

No, it must be the metrics that are wrong.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Me, speaking from a position of compassion and love: "trans-mania is running wild"

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Transmania is that little island off the south of Australia isn't it?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The most frustrating bit is the people in power, especially in the UK, are the ones that are wrong so the bigots are like planets, few and far between but massive gravitational pulls due to trash newspapers supporting their bigotry and causing an echo chamber that saturates our media.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Vib Rib posted:

Me, speaking from a position of compassion and love: "trans-mania is running wild"
You sound like Woke Hulk Hogan

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

DRINK ME posted:

I know when I'm referring lovingly to a group of marginalized people I refer to them as "insane"

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Bugsy posted:

A little more context on this. They cannot conceive that Steve Albini the famous producer isnt paying for twitter likes because their lovely terf opinions aren't popular.

https://twitter.com/electricalWSOP/status/1650629025151287297

e:

Hollandia posted:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

lol

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Mx. posted:

Transmania is that little island off the south of Australia isn't it?

She puts the trans in transmania, come to transmania, succumb to transmania... we mean you!

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Hollandia posted:

Wulk Wokan

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Plant-based meat shoes?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Hulk Hogan wheat shoes

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

BioEnchanted posted:

The most frustrating bit is the people in power, especially in the UK, are the ones that are wrong so the bigots are like planets, few and far between but massive gravitational pulls due to trash newspapers supporting their bigotry and causing an echo chamber that saturates our media.

Yeah it's infuriating. But it doesn't really seem to be taking hold among the general public. Like maybe someone who gets all their opinions from the news is concerned about sports and thinks people shouldn't be mean to JKR but when it comes to actual trans people trying to live their lives, the majority of folk don't seem to give a poo poo one way or the other.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

HopperUK posted:

Yeah it's infuriating. But it doesn't really seem to be taking hold among the general public. Like maybe someone who gets all their opinions from the news is concerned about sports and thinks people shouldn't be mean to JKR but when it comes to actual trans people trying to live their lives, the majority of folk don't seem to give a poo poo one way or the other.

Similar things going on in Australia where right-wingers in their bubbles double and triple down on trans and queer culture war poo poo but seem to have the opposite effect at the ballot box. I think the intensity of the rhetoric is for once backfiring, since they're riling themselves up to screaming freaks as a default without even bothering with the dogwhistles. Unfortunately unlike the more effective American right's more effective moral panics and ratcheting laws.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Similar things going on in Australia where right-wingers in their bubbles double and triple down on trans and queer culture war poo poo but seem to have the opposite effect at the ballot box. I think the intensity of the rhetoric is for once backfiring, since they're riling themselves up to screaming freaks as a default without even bothering with the dogwhistles. Unfortunately unlike the more effective American right's more effective moral panics and ratcheting laws.

I've got an overall theory (that I might've posted before) that Australia's defined by simultaneously really wanting to be like America and the UK, and also really wanting to look like they don't want to be like America and the UK. So we readily pick up any ideas and pop culture we can from both countries unless they're too identifiably British or American, in which case we drop them. This carries over into politics; 2000s and early 2010s American-style conservatism didn't really catch on because it was too religiously-grounded and Australia knows it's not that religious, but Trump-style conservatism could find some footing because just flagrant, selfish nationalism and racism is absolutely something Australians can get behind. (Fortunately, every Australian politician who tried to do that was incompetent.)

I think that's what's stopping us from being hit too badly by the transphobia wave; everyone's poo poo at packaging it for Australians. The British imports suck at pitching it because they can't find an angle that works and going to rallies is only really a 'leftie' thing, and the American swinging at drag queens doesn't work because your average Australian associates drag queens with Dame Edna and Priscilla Queen of the Desert and goes 'gently caress yeah, we love drag'. Barry Humphries might've had the ability to change it, but fortunately nobody was listening to him, and then he died.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 12:32 on Apr 26, 2023

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1651169835731099649

terf island is not sending its best

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

DRINK ME posted:

:airquote: Interesting how this embed just trims the text without indication that it has done so apart from the '...' in the same color as the rest of the text.

Visiting this on Nitter, it's like the tweet exists in its short version with a link at the bottom to the longer version.

It's like long tweets are just a hack on top of what existed before.

Maybe this isn't new, but I'd never seen this.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:byodame: "It's a TRANSURRECTION!" says the chairwoman of the face eating leopard party.
https://twitter.com/Caitlyn_Jenner/status/1650671128791363585?t=ci7YgwWqE8MKLCi0X2CE9g&s=19

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Panfilo posted:

:byodame: "It's a TRANSURRECTION!" says the chairwoman of the face eating leopard party.
https://twitter.com/Caitlyn_Jenner/status/1650671128791363585?t=ci7YgwWqE8MKLCi0X2CE9g&s=19

Goddamn I hope she’s just irreconcilably stupid because I’ve done some self-hatred and this is some Criterion 4K self-hatred.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
She loves money more than herself. Also she’s one of the “good ones” who definitely won’t be thrown under the bus (possibly literally) by the rest of her compatriots.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
She's just a chud. Pathologically incapable of self-reflection or empathy.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Scratch Monkey posted:

thrown under the bus (possibly literally)

Pointed choice of metaphor.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Platystemon posted:

Pointed choice of metaphor.

Yeah I was going to say, talk about karmic

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

somebody oughta throw some soup at her and see if she brightens up

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Mx. posted:

But the soup is for my family.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

I like that she calls the positivity bot "edgy" for being positive.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Mx. posted:

the reason she's mortally terrified of soup is because if it hits her during a logical error she'll explode like a cartoon robot

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Well yeah, it's run by the Build-a-Bear Group.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Good explanation of the blue check psycho sounding off on Albini.

https://twitter.com/cooperstreaming/status/1650718653263024134

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

This is a good bot. I love it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

teethgrinder posted:

Good explanation of the blue check psycho sounding off on Albini.

https://twitter.com/cooperstreaming/status/1650718653263024134

Just imagining anyone trying to do any kind of real study on "reach" now, after everything metrics-related has been irreversibly and catastrophically trashed by all this bull-in-china-shop kicking-over of paint cans into the bubbling cauldron of data

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

been saying this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/lameypilled/status/1650874048006721537?s=46&t=LuWlVigXSHv3TXi-WVRPYA