Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nitrousoxide posted:

Why do these people make mycrimes.mp3?

CYA done badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nitrousoxide posted:

Why not? Doesn't hurt them.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Surely THIS time the powerful person will be held accountable!

He has a colleague who documentably, certifiably sex trafficked a child and nothing gon happen to him so what does he realistically have to worry about at that standard

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

In this case, it was a Fox segment that Fox decided not to actually air.

In general, right-wing conspiracies are surprisingly prone to recording each other. Part of it seems to be that they don't trust each other all that much. Keeping blackmail material on their co-conspirators helps them keep each other in line and discourage careless betrayals. If Ted Cruz looks at the declining fortunes of the Trump movement and decides he's gonna start loudly denouncing Jan 6, they could break out this tape and show he was all for it at the time.

That's how it works in theory, anyway. Far-right groups usually have at least a few people who are incredibly petty and selfish, so this stuff often slips out as a result of minor feuds or grudges.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Nitrousoxide posted:

Lack of consequences. As long as nothing happens they will continue to overtly do shady crap.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Main Paineframe posted:

In this case, it was a Fox segment that Fox decided not to actually air.

In general, right-wing conspiracies are surprisingly prone to recording each other. Part of it seems to be that they don't trust each other all that much. Keeping blackmail material on their co-conspirators helps them keep each other in line and discourage careless betrayals. If Ted Cruz looks at the declining fortunes of the Trump movement and decides he's gonna start loudly denouncing Jan 6, they could break out this tape and show he was all for it at the time.

That's how it works in theory, anyway. Far-right groups usually have at least a few people who are incredibly petty and selfish, so this stuff often slips out as a result of minor feuds or grudges.

Not defending Fucker in ANY way here, but wasn't he one of those people who sent texts to people close to Trump who were like "He needs to call them off. This is bad"?

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

In general, right-wing conspiracies are surprisingly prone to recording each other. Part of it seems to be that they don't trust each other all that much. Keeping blackmail material on their co-conspirators helps them keep each other in line and discourage careless betrayals.

I remember the late great Robert Anton Wilson’s take on this being that most conspiracies have a shelf life of about ten years before people start backstabbing each other, so really at this point we’re ahead of schedule.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

snorch posted:

I remember the late great Robert Anton Wilson’s take on this being that most conspiracies have a shelf life of about ten years before people start backstabbing each other, so really at this point we’re ahead of schedule.

Or behind, depending on how much you believe the Reagan era fueled these conspiracies

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Or behind, depending on how much you believe the Reagan era fueled these conspiracies

Or way behind, if one thinks it all started with Nixon and his goons

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

Or way behind, if one thinks it all started with Nixon and his goons

It was definitely Nixon. Everyone in the Reagan Era came out of the Nixon White House.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Not defending Fucker in ANY way here, but wasn't he one of those people who sent texts to people close to Trump who were like "He needs to call them off. This is bad"?

That was Hannity, IIRC (although I guess that doesn't negate the possibility that Tucker also did that).

e: I'm was assuming "Fucker" in your post here meant Tucker, but I could be wrong here

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
He cant stop

https://twitter.com/PalmerReport/status/1651273393629712390

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1651231244720435201

So now he is saying he wants the dress that has his sperm on it even though he has sued multiple times to have it dismissed.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

This thread is a dictation of the entire court proceedings.

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1651227811372212233

On a lighter note, today is Melanias birthday while Trump sat around shitposting to Truth Social about his rape accuser.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Trump loses appeal to block Pence from testifying about direct communications

quote:

Former President Donald Trump has lost an emergency attempt to block former Vice President Mike Pence from testifying about their direct conversations, in the latest boost to a federal criminal investigation examining Trump’s and others’ actions after the 2020 election.

The former president has repeatedly tried and failed to close off some answers from witnesses close to him in the special counsel’s investigation. This latest order from the DC Circuit Court of Appeals likely will usher in Pence’s grand jury testimony quickly – an unprecedented development in modern presidential history.

The unanimous decision, from Judges Patricia Millett, Robert Wilkins and Greg Katsas on the DC Circuit, came in a sealed case on Wednesday night that CNN previously identified as Trump’s executive privilege challenge to Pence.

Trump has tried to block Pence from testifying about their direct communications, even after the former vice president wrote about some of those exchanges and a lower-court judge had ruled against him.

Trump asked the DC Circuit for emergency intervention weeks ago. The court refused to put on hold Pence’s subpoena and to override the lower-court ruling, flatly denying Trump’s requests.

Trump could try to appeal again and even press the issue at the Supreme Court. Yet he gave up pushing several past executive privilege challenges to special counsel Jack Smith’s investigation after similar rulings from this court of appeals.

Expected, as his appeals were specious, but good to see.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Did Trump basically try to use the "spouses can't be made to testify against each other", but with regards to the offices of the Vice President and the President?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ynglaur posted:

Did Trump basically try to use the "spouses can't be made to testify against each other", but with regards to the offices of the Vice President and the President?

Executive Privilege. "Everything I did and said to anyone while I was president is privileged and it can all be suppressed if I want it to be."

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?

Deteriorata posted:

Executive Privilege. "Everything I did and said to anyone while I was president is privileged and it can all be suppressed if I want it to be."

Incredibly stupid position considering the president is Biden and he has the sole authority to make that determination. I really wish courts would dismiss the nonsense arguments sooner. Wheels of justice grinding slow is a bug not a feature.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/mike-pence-testifies-special-counsel-grand-jury/story?id=98898838

Pence testified for 7 hours yesterday. Unless he dropped some bombs that spark off a whole new series of subpoenas this has got to be a sign that the investigation is culminating.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

I'll believe he's in the "find out" phase when he's actually held in contempt. We've seen this song and dance before, where a judge will have stern words with Trump's legal team but then chicken out when actually holding him accountable.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

'Please donate because the demon liberals are robbing me blind while I jet off to oversee my extravagant golf courses in foreign lands (worth way more than i'll write on their tax form) during one of my many rape trials'.

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1652845705059344386

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe this is the timeline where the spec ops forces of other countries (the UK? Scotland or Ireland??) get Donnie for us.

in exchange for "embarrassing" the US , we get someone else to lock him up.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Or he'll end up hiding in the Bolivian embassy.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Or he'll end up hiding in the Bolivian embassy.

There is a part of me that wants to see what making a break for it would look like if it were planned by Trump.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Xiahou Dun posted:

There is a part of me that wants to see what making a break for it would look like if it were planned by Trump.

Honestly I thought that is what Maralago was.

You’re right though, eventually there will be a slo-no Bronco chase but somehow even dumber.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Crow Buddy posted:

Honestly I thought that is what Maralago was.

You’re right though, eventually there will be a slo-no Bronco chase but somehow even dumber.

I was thinking more along the lines of Carlos Ghosn, just to Russia in a shipping container labeled "caviar" instead of an audio equipment container headed to Lebanon.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
He's just going because Biden had an Irish lovefest and he wants some attention. But everyone here loving hates him

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Failed Imagineer posted:

He's just going because Biden had an Irish lovefest and he wants some attention. But everyone here loving hates him

It's even dumber than that. When Biden was over here two weeks ago, Trump was tweeting Truthing about how Biden was absent from America at a crucial time with WW3 about to break out. All the while knowing that he was going to be coming over here two weeks later.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Trumps lawyer tried to get it declared a mistrial on grounds that the judge is biased.
Denied.
Live tweeting of the trial again today.

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1653037789317931009

Grasping at straws.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
im not a law mage, but calling the guy that can grant you stuff bias seems like a bad move.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Support Cartographers Without Borders
"Your Honor, if it pleases the court, Your Honor is a complete piece of poo poo..."

That's how you lawyer!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Infomaniac posted:

"Your Honor, if it pleases the court, Your Honor is a complete piece of poo poo..."

That's how you lawyer!

Rookie move, gotta add "no disrespect" at the end

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Why would they, he's just some shitheel who doesnt pay his taxes there either.

https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1653436728345264131

More live tweeting

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1653406146223394816

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
https://twitter.com/BBCScotlandNews/status/1653028345653633024?s=20

Can he just stay there at his “home” and never come back.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The United States already exports so much misery abroad, what a terrible thing to suggest.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Now would be a great time for a 'Close the borders' campaign.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Barudak posted:

Rookie move, gotta add "no disrespect" at the end

That or a “I STRENUOUSLY object” somewhere in there.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Boris Galerkin posted:

I'm pretty sure Scotland does not claim him nor wants him

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaxyon posted:

I'm pretty sure Scotland does not claim him nor wants him

It's transparently trying to mimic Biden saying the exact same poo poo in Ireland 2 weeks ago. Except everyone in Scotland despises Trump

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Boris Galerkin posted:

That could lead to one of the greatest comedy moments of the 21st century, when Scotland arrests and extradites Trump back to the United States to face charges of fleeing on bail and failure to appear before the court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

If he's not on American soil we can deal with him. Guy must be at least as much of a threat to the nation as Bin Laden was.