Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/pBHTPN6.mp4
E: for context, I cut off a few seconds at the beginning where it looks like there's a fight between 2-3 guys there, but no idea what's it about.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Apr 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I hear ya demands for dick and shall oblige soon. Just not having a good day with this loving Forester turbo swap.

Right now I'm working out I did a terrible car stuff by putting 12V down the wrong wire at the fuel relay - said wire being for the trigger signal from the ECU and thence I think I have damaged the ECU. Now it won't trigger the relay but another ECU will.

Also on top of that the car has a immobilizer that needs the correct ECU so a straight ECU swap can't work unless it's a after market. The correct ECU if I hotwire the fuel pump will start the car, it runs for a few seconds till it splutters to a halt. Going to find a Link plug n play to test but I'm pretty sure the proper ECU is hosed and it's minimum a immobilzer / ECU IF I can find a combo again.

Or spend 1500 that I don't have right now for a Haltech or Link. Fuuuuuuck really annoyed with myself

I feel yah. Like I said in my thread: Spent 5 years fighting what I thought was wiring harness issues, turns out the ECU was corroded and something was keeping the ECU hot even with the key off.

Now it runs flawlessly, but I have to unplug the ECU to protect it after parking, especially after cleaning the corrosion and resoldering a bunch of internal components on the ECU.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

E: for context, I cut off a few seconds at the beginning where it looks like there's a fight between 2-3 guys there, but no idea what's it about.

skip to 55 seconds for anybody who doesn't feel like being bored for 54 seconds and then entertained for 2 seconds

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Odds are alcohol was involved, what a bunch of idiots, everyone on that road could have been killed.

I've seen more alcohol fueled fights at sporting events than I have at bars

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Holy gently caress :stare:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

skip to 55 seconds for anybody who doesn't feel like being bored for 54 seconds and then entertained for 2 seconds

:mad:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Odds are alcohol was involved, what a bunch of idiots, everyone on that road could have been killed.

I've seen more alcohol fueled fights at sporting events than I have at bars

Absolutely possible. Someone in the GBS thread commented that it could be over a russian flag but a) I can't tell if that is it or if it's one of the dozen tricolor flags b) who would be dumb enough to pull it out in Europe right now

E: From Croatian WRC just now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enrQx5GrXsA

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 25, 2023

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Shot

Chaser

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Gallons per mile

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yo dawg we herd you like campers

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
check out Richie Rich with TWO homes

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Goin' Carolina squat on that truck.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
that's a fuckin landlord right there

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Three teenagers in a Miata pretending they have a Mustang
https://i.imgur.com/Fm0Fp3b.mp4

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
Well they picked a convenient place to crash

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Right next to a guy in the crosswalk 👍

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Which one, the sixxer or the FR-S torque Dick?

The sixer (with the dick)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

this photo is art and I am cackling

at least they don't need a tow to the shop!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Scuse me sir, which way to the collision center?

*points*

Thanks! *SMASH*

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Hey y0, we've had some dumb fun over the last few weeks but we're gonna back off with the sixxer rampage for a bit.

Hope you enjoy your expanded rap sheets :)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The ol dixxer

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Beve Stuscemi posted:

The ol dixxer

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

mobby_6kl posted:

Three teenagers in a Miata pretending they have a Mustang
https://i.imgur.com/Fm0Fp3b.mp4

lol. How on earth

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Hey y0, we've had some dumb fun over the last few weeks but we're gonna back off with the sixxer rampage for a bit.

Hope you enjoy your expanded rap sheets :)

LC readers getting mad about the girthy Torque Dicks

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Here's a bigger version

Ether Frenzy posted:

lol. How on earth
Idiot kids?

But I once unintentionally lost traction in a corner on a city street in a stock NB. I was a dumbass and give too much gas too early and it took surprisingly little to go sliding, though my excuse is that it was also pretty cold and the surface was bad :colbert:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
LMAO I didnt see the sign before clearly that's amazing

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fire hydrants are tougher than I thought. Years of open world and driving games have conditioned me to think it would snap off and create a cool shower of particle effects.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Fire hydrants are tougher than I thought. Years of open world and driving games have conditioned me to think it would snap off and create a cool shower of particle effects.

Allegedly that's kind of what happened lol, from where I found it (https://www.reddit.com/r/Miata/comments/12yisao/dont_be_like_these_kids/)

quote:

It's a shame that nobody got a video of the impact from the outside. The fire hydrant did a perfect cartwheel ten feet through the air.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Beve Stuscemi posted:

yeah, they're like ice bergs, you only see like the top

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Lol at AI singlehandedly destroying the sanctity of the Leper's Colony, I am honored to have been a part of it (multiple times)

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

mobby_6kl posted:

Here's a bigger version

Idiot kids?

But I once unintentionally lost traction in a corner on a city street in a stock NB. I was a dumbass and give too much gas too early and it took surprisingly little to go sliding, though my excuse is that it was also pretty cold and the surface was bad :colbert:

I tried to show off in front of a lady coworker in my NB by doing a little drift out of the work parking lot.

The rear came around really fast and I spun out in the middle of the road and stalled, then people in traffic honked at me. :doh:

I'd like to think I learned something that day lol

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

yeah, they're like ice bergs, you only see like the top

The length below ground is determined by where the water main is. Some may be that long, some might only be a foot or so.

Like much other street furniture, they're designed to break-away, at the breakaway flange, both to save lives and save damage to the buried pipework. They've gotta be installed right though, with the flange at grade.

Here we just put them totally underground and a standpipe is attached to use them. Also pictured, the yellow triangle pointing to their roadside location (this one is on the road but they may be in the verge or footpath) and the blue reflector used to find them easily at night.

Edit: Fun fact, the lids they're under are marked "FH", for obvious reasons. This leads to a traditional childrens game, when you're walking along with your mates, if you step on a FH lid first, you get a "Free Hit" on the companion of your choice, ala "Punch Buggy".

BuckyDoneGun fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 26, 2023

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

True. You hit 'em hard enough, they can go a long way.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

When I slid off the road in a stupidly lifted Ford Ranger as a kid, the fire hydrant I took out just kinda snapped off and went thunk. No water, didn't slow me down much. Atleast not enough to stop the cross pipe on a halfway fallen down chain link fence from skipping off my diff, coming through my firewall, and piercing my passengers seat.

Man I'm glad we didn't all have smart phones and poo poo back in the day. But I'm sure glad we have them now.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU6zYEozL3E

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

You're not supposed to season your block like a cast iron pan?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

weg posted:

I tried to show off in front of a lady coworker in my NB by doing a little drift out of the work parking lot.

The rear came around really fast and I spun out in the middle of the road and stalled, then people in traffic honked at me. :doh:

I'd like to think I learned something that day lol

The only thing you should have learned is “Never Lift.”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Crappy Construction Crosspost:

kid sinister posted:

Trailers are for suckers.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Inside of that van is probably empty

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Crappy Construction Crosspost:

I’m sure there no chance of those containers opening up while at speed on the highway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Finally got around to installing that bracket for my backup camera. On a side note, found out the hard way that I cannot stand up from my rolling work stool in the parking lot without help. Thanks, hosed up legs.

This is what held the backup camera in place attached to the single license plate screw. As I said before - $899 head unit, GPS, and backup camera installed in 2013...in 2013 dollars. Head unit itself never had the software updated, not once. Stock speakers were left in the car as well.

I had to use needle nose pliers to bend the camera bracket back into a shape where it would attach to the new part. I would have just yanked the tiny bracket that was bent, but the two screws on the back were stripped.

:stare: