Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

I hope 6.5 is all about killing her.
i dont think zero is that interesting outside of her design but i cant imagine thinking ff14 needs to kill off more random female NPCs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We're going to kill her, she just isn't going to die. That seems likely to me.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

She's cool and I like her

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

She'll be the final boss but we'll savedefeat her with the power of friendship

her island of misfit voidsent are all going to die though

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 26, 2023

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Arist posted:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Arist posted:

The increasingly exasperated shade of Emet-Selch appears following the conclusion of the 6.5 trial and says ok fine, but this is the last loving time I do this for you.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ah so Shenron from Dragon Ball

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

FuturePastNow posted:

her island of misfit voidsent are all going to die though

my kneejerk reaction was that this seems too mean for this game but then i remembered the basic premise that being alive in the void is a terrible curse and many void entities just want to die. but it still seems more likely given the expansion we just played through that instead of letting people in the eternal constant suffering dimension die because they want to die, we're going to help some of them move to the eternal intermittent suffering dimension with the rest of us and teach 'em life is okay sometimes if you can enjoy apples etc.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 26, 2023

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
npcs using the plus rule deserve to be double sundered

Pyp
Jul 29, 2022
i think theres probably 2 main possibilities for zero

1) her arc ends with her joining the scions & travelling the source as a new companion a la "im excited about life now & want to see & experience more of it"

2) her resurfacing emotions & ability to care leads to her becoming invested once more in saying the thirteenth (full circle to when she was stated to be one of the people fighting for it & protecting people before it became the void) & she ultimately chooses to stay in the thirteenth, trying to find some way to help make it a better place (gathering allies, convincing people they could change things, etc etc).

i dont think they'll kill her off because they haven't killed major allied characters in a long time. the first option seems more likely because of the trusts thing & the fact that they're probably gonna want to expand the cast for 7.0. personally I think the second is more interesting but im also not hugely invested in zero so i wouldn't mind if she doesn't become permanent.

edit: sorry added the spoilers thing just in case

Pyp fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 26, 2023

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

whatever happens, within the next six months she will cry

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Nothing quite like wiping twice to A11, watching this one dipshit refuse actively to do the QTE both times, see the selfsame dipshit get 9999'd by it a third time and then watch as they run off with all the loot at the end.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Oh no, the precious precious A11 loot

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Getting old raid token loot is more a punishment than anything.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/Brohades_GK/status/1651326992439033861

:bubblewoop: :bubblewoop: :bubblewoop: :bubblewoop: :bubblewoop:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Vitamean posted:

whatever happens, within the next six months she will cry

Oh without a doubt. There's no way there ends up being a scene where she doesn't. In happiness or sorrow idk, but it is the best way to showcase her returning humanity

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

She will shed tears after tasting some amazingly rendered food.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I want job quests to return, just so the CUL 91-100 quests will be cooking for Zero while she asks for more and more esoteric flavor combinations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Zero slowly going full on food monster ala an andalite

Lazer Viking
Jul 11, 2008

GBO

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

I want job quests to return, just so the CUL 91-100 quests will be cooking for Zero while she asks for more and more esoteric flavor combinations.

After powerleveling literally every single DOH in the last two months, please god no more job quests.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

Oh you don't need job quests to do that, they'll just give ALC and CUL quests that are entirely about food preparation and only nominally remember that ALC is there again.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cleretic posted:

Oh you don't need job quests to do that, they'll just give ALC and CUL quests that are entirely about food preparation and only nominally remember that ALC is there again.

Food preparation is fundamentally alchemy at heart.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I mean, in the 71-80 ALC/CUL line you're making various veterinary feeds, at least one of which is explicitly medicinal and in the 81-90 you end up doing actual food science and having to track down a Hannish alchemist to teach you how to create bioavailable ascorbic acid supplements, so it's alchemical enough for my ALC-loving rear end

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
how the gently caress are there 230+ replies in here in like a day

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

hazardousmouse posted:

Vampire D talk

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Didn't know the first boss in Rabanastre had an enrage phase I've been skipping this entire time.

Maybe I was wrong about Euphro.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The last time I did Rabanastre we skipped like 50% or more of the first boss’s mechanics. You basically don’t see the early tier fights due to the absurd ilvl sync.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

hazardousmouse posted:

the content drought

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The last time I did Rabanastre we skipped like 50% or more of the first boss’s mechanics. You basically don’t see the early tier fights due to the absurd ilvl sync.

It honestly never occurred to me I've been skipping mechanics lol. The ones I always see are the ice spiral, the spread markers, and the sonic water level and I'm like "well that's certainly enough mechanics for this fight."

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

It honestly never occurred to me I've been skipping mechanics lol. The ones I always see are the ice spiral, the spread markers, and the sonic water level and I'm like "well that's certainly enough mechanics for this fight."

Someone needs to set up and share an ACT trigger that plays the Sonic drowning music when that mechanic pops up.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Most groups don't see the Azure Guard adds anymore.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

the content drought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lEXxaVbVIA

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Badger of Basra posted:

the content drought

Still boggling at the absolute selfishness and stupidity of people who started arguing that literally less than a week after Eureka Orthos launched.

They don't mean 'content drought', they mean 'there isn't content that caters very specifically to what I already like'.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Cleretic posted:

Still boggling at the absolute selfishness and stupidity of people who started arguing that literally less than a week after Eureka Orthos launched.

They don't mean 'content drought', they mean 'there isn't content that caters very specifically to what I already like'.

Orthos is a very niche piece of content that, even as someone who has cleared it solo is like... Not really that much?

Also yes people want content they can enjoy, for example for most people ultimate raids aren't content :v

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I think the point is that 'content drought' implies there's nothing new to do, and using it to mean "the new thing(s) is not what I personally want" is a little misleading. Like there are folks that just don't do normal or alliance raids, but when the next panda drops you'd probably look at them askance if they said we were in the middle of a content drought.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

GloomMouse posted:

I think the point is that 'content drought' implies there's nothing new to do, and using it to mean "the new thing(s) is not what I personally want" is a little misleading. Like there are folks that just don't do normal or alliance raids, but when the next panda drops you'd probably look at them askance if they said we were in the middle of a content drought.

Yeah, exactly. I don't do Extremes, Savages or Ultimates either, but I don't just refuse to acknowledge their baseline existence.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm hoping their next stab at Criterion Dungeons will have a much stronger reward structure to incentivize repeated engagement. I know the bump from 3 to 4 months for patch cycles was a necessary step, but the extra month every patch is making things feel like they're being spread a lot thinner than before, which is what I think the feeling of a "content drought" ultimately boils down to. Having more varieties of content with more repeatable variations to keep people engaged, even into the depths of month 4, feels like it's going to be more necessary moving forwards.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

GloomMouse posted:

That's fair, I just know without field zones a lot of my friends who don't raid or do high end content don't have ways to enjoy the game the same way .

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

It's just inevitable that we'll consume content faster than it can be generated, faster if our interests are narrower than "everything in the game." Especially in FFXIV that caters to a lot of different interests.

Speaking of things to do with friends: BLU got a shot in the arm with mogtomes and the level cap bump announcement reminding everyone that, yes Blue Mage is still a fully realized thing that exists and it wasn't just an experiment that got quietly dropped. PF is hopping with vets and confused folks alike collecting spells and generally having a good time. BLU touches a lot of different content: traipsing around the woods beating up big bugs, or doing dungeons that many have forgotten (or straight up never did, looking at you Pharos Hard), revisiting Trials (or syncing for the first time, hi Shiva EX) with strange new tools. Carnivale is a solo thing that works as a collection of bite sized puzzles to solve (or look up lol). Familiar faces from other content show up in the job story. Cheevos all over and a rad mount if you want to do more difficult content. Why soon you'll even be able to do the best content of all: FATE grinding! Everyone loves Shared FATEs and bicolor farming right?

The overlap of people saying there's nothing to do and have also never touched blue mage is honestly kind of baffling at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The only content drought I've seen while playing was the one between 5.55 and 6.0 and it didn't really affect me that much because I started playing during that time and there was so much to do that it kept me busy. if you want to keep playing regularly, you have to set yourself steady, achievable aims and keep grinding at them. This is some of the stuff that I've done just because I set myself an aim:

- Get all the EX mounts from past content.
- Get BLU to level 70, get every single spell (I did this for completionist sake and also because I wanted to get the Morbol, which I'm still working on).
- Get all jobs to level 90. (Initially I did this for the ShB mount, but decided to get everything from 80 to 90 afterwards)
- Get current top level in Island Sanctuary (I did this just to get the aligator mount, but it's a steady trickle of Gil now).
- Do Baldesion Arsenal (yet again, for the mount)
- Finish Bozja (mostly for the relic when it was relevant)

I still regularly log in because of trying to get all tribes to top level, as well as regular UWU raidnights/PF brainworms. In terms of future projects, after I'm done with UWU and the next savage tier, I'm probably going to go for TEA, go back to trying to get the Morbol mount or try out DRS, since I haven't touched it yet after doing the regular one in Bozja. I do get that some of the stuff listed above is gonna put some people off, but there's so much stuff to do that isn't that much harder than normal content and is quite fun to work your way through.