Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Retribution caused 9/11??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol at the idea of Vince using Slack

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

A Fancy Hat posted:

this would be such a funny reveal. they tore apart the set and ring, causing havoc on the WWE Universe, and also they did 9/11

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

I was with her until she sought reinstatement.

That place was hell on earth, and here’s why I want back in

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

I mean I guess it's admirable that she could want to be the catalyst for change in that place in terms of how they portray non-white characters, but I don't think anyone has that power.

Also, lol this is not the brag they think it is:

quote:

“I know but look at the waves we’re making in the company. 4 years ago, no woman worked on the writer’s team!”

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Sadly, hack writing remains legal.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

And on some WWE Premium Live events, writer hacking is legal!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Definitely, with the added bonus of those who stay being the absolute most loyal idiots for you to cull in the layoffs

It's going to be the most loyal and the worst performers who can't get a job elsewhere.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MJeff posted:

I'm pretty sure the bringing people back into the office thing is to get them to quit so they have less firing to do, right?

Yep, it’s a soft layoff. They’re trying to get the numbers down to decrease severance payouts and negative press.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Also, lol this is not the brag they think it is:

Well, AEW has 0 women on their writing team...

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

And on some WWE Premium Live events, writer hacking is legal!

lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dango Bango posted:

Weren't WWE stans *just* complaining about Vikingo and Komander's stuff looking too contrived because of setup?

:lol:

I had to hear about this from my friend who always comes to me about the gifs he sees on squaredcircle last week. Talking about how stupid and fake Komander's rope walk looks and how AEW is leaning too much into flippy guys who can't make it look good. I was like man how about you watch the whole loving match instead of the 30 second clip teed up to you by the freaks over at reddit who are looking for something to wail about. This was the same week that the clip of the guy from smackdown doing the same thing was circulating around but he had no idea about that one, weirdly enough.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

explosivo posted:

I had to hear about this from my friend who always comes to me about the gifs he sees on squaredcircle last week. Talking about how stupid and fake Komander's rope walk looks and how AEW is leaning too much into flippy guys who can't make it look good. I was like man how about you watch the whole loving match instead of the 30 second clip teed up to you by the freaks over at reddit who are looking for something to wail about. This was the same week that the clip of the guy from smackdown doing the same thing was circulating around but he had no idea about that one, weirdly enough.

It’s because they straight up don’t care and just want reasons to dunk on AEW. The PC is literally training their wrestlers to wrestle store brand Young Bucks matches and when they don’t gently caress up the moves people are calling for them to be called up to the main roster after like 3 months of NXT

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

A Fancy Hat posted:

That 100% was the pitch that Ali had yelled at Vince about

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

A Fancy Hat posted:

Muhammad Hassan is BACK! And standing in the middle of the ring with his ski mask crew, who one by one reveal themselves to be retribution. Long term storytelling at its finest.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A GW Bush gimmick would be very timely for Vince though

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Well, AEW has 0 women on their writing team...

hosed up if true

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/ProWFinesse/status/1651261803240849409?s=20

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
How long until the Saudi show?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Weirdly this move used to be used often by Brody King so I was thinking of yeah I know this it's cool lucha stuff

And then that happened.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I see people on Twitter trying to say that this will get Vince ousted again, even though it’s more likely that they’ll just fire half the writing staff and move on, just like most years

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Can't believe they wanted apollo crews to do booker t doing forest whitaker doing idi amin

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

MJeff posted:

If they reinstate her they would immediately let her go with a huge severance.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
A 6 yr old doing 9/11 sounds kinda funny tbh

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
Jesus Christ lmao

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1651264484193730561

Sweet merciful crap.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

#ThankYouHunter

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/thelouisdangoor/status/1651275570628509710?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

brave stance Louis

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
All the writers always say they were pitching gold but Vince would overrule him and their ideas are a 30 year old did 9/11 and a Crocodile Dundee stereotype 40 years late.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

Can't believe they wanted apollo crews to do booker t doing forest whitaker doing idi amin

It's absolutely ridiculous. Just imagine Apollo doing an exaggerated Nigerian accent on TV. The outrage surely would have been enough to bring the company down.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

The WWE writers room

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

All the writers always say they were pitching gold but Vince would overrule him and their ideas are a 30 year old did 9/11 and a Crocodile Dundee stereotype 40 years late.

quote:

Mansoor
Birth name Mansoor Abdul Aziz Al-Shehail[1][2]
Born 28 October 1995 (age 27)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I mean, who hasn't dealt with a 5 year old having a tantrum?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Listen if you're even vaguely middle eastern you will at some point get muhammad hassans entrance music so just accept it now

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Someone should ask him what his variety of reasons are. I am surprised there are so many.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

I know I've harped on about this before, but is there a stated agenda for modern NXT? Like I know when it was good it was supposed to have been a super indie where people could strut before being comically mangled by the main roster creative process, but is it now just... a wrestling show put on by a mixture of their greenest talent?

My brain has trouble grasping the point. It'd be like if you had a show that consisted of rookie writers getting their first drafts filmed. Or is the idea here that it's a developmental league in the same sense that non-major league sports will sometimes get airtime? But those sort of things tend to air on the more grognard-y channels of local TV and sports networks, not national cable.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1651284577170726915

Literally Ryan from The Office trying to get out of cleaning the microwave.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Thr agenda is that they get paid a gently caress ton of money for it

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Thr agenda is that they get paid a gently caress ton of money for it

And they put a bunch of emphasis on it to try and beat AEW and got humiliated and then they let go a bunch of people and are developing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think louis dangoor is wrong and he's actually an international authority on race relations and should thus submit his take.