Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

External Organs posted:

Interesting that the previews seemed to confirm underground areas but no one tried to go for them in the free play time.

Sounds like even during the free play time they were restricted in where they could go and what they could show, so they may not have been allowed to do so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

drat I'm stoked

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

External Organs posted:

Interesting that the previews seemed to confirm underground areas but no one tried to go for them in the free play time.

they were limited to only a specific area
apparently one of them found the entrance to a dungeon but Nintendo didn’t let them go inside

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

also the inventory menu looks way more sensible now, you can just use the shoulder buttons to tab between the categories instead of the weird set-up from BoTW where you need to go through each page of each category using the right stick

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Weeeeeeeeelp, I aint watching any of that, I need to go on spoiler lockdown

same friend

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Augus posted:

also the inventory menu looks way more sensible now, you can just use the shoulder buttons to tab between the categories instead of the weird set-up from BoTW where you need to go through each page of each category using the right stick

You could use the shoulder buttons to tab through the categories in botw.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Zore posted:

No one has shown them off, Ultrahand seems to completely obviate Magnesis and we officially have collectable bomb flowers so I think its safe to say the Shiekah runes are not coming back.
Reading this and thinking "omg that's a spoiler" to myself has taught me that I have a very low bar for what is a spoiler so I think I gotta go dark for my mental health lol

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Just the fact that you can now simply lob chuchu jellies and effect flowers instead of needing to 'activate' them by throwing them and then hitting them with an arrow is a huge improvement in my eyes. Also the inclusion of so many new effects plants like that confusion one is great news.

And lol at being able to fuse a bomb barrel to your shield and when struck it damages enemies but you are safe behind the shield.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm eating this info up, I think no matter how much I know about the game it won't be ruined the same way knowing everything you can do on the great plateau didn't ruin the rest of BotW.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Yeah that Gene Park tweet was, to me, an actual massive spoiler that I would have loved to discover for myself, I gotta go dark now for sure.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

hatty posted:

Alright time for blackout mode

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I wonder if you can swim. Ultrahand also makes cryonis useless

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Just the fact that you can now simply lob chuchu jellies and effect flowers instead of needing to 'activate' them by throwing them and then hitting them with an arrow is a huge improvement in my eyes. Also the inclusion of so many new effects plants like that confusion one is great news.

And lol at being able to fuse a bomb barrel to your shield and when struck it damages enemies but you are safe behind the shield.

There was also another kickass QOL thing in one of the previews.

When you loot a chest and your inventory is full, you can just drop an item from the loot popup and not have to menu > drop item > loot chest again.

10/10 goty of all years

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CBD Corndog posted:

When you loot a chest and your inventory is full, you can just drop an item from the loot popup and not have to menu > drop item > loot chest again.

10/10 goty of all years

Finally. BotW will be impossible to go back to now

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

CBD Corndog posted:

10/10 goty of all years

Truly this will be the greatest form of any media ever created.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dr. Stab posted:

You could use the shoulder buttons to tab through the categories in botw.

no you can’t, that will just take you to the journal or options menu

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

kidcoelacanth posted:

i am far too weak to not slurp up all this hot nasty preview content like the freak i am
:same:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Is there anyone in the world who would make up their mind on if they should buy a loving zelda game based on some lucky bastards getting to play it 2 weeks before everyone else? it's just taunting us.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
For folks wanting to avoid spoilers: nothing I’ve seen in previews hasn’t been shown in trailers. You’re just seeing it in action. They’re not showing anything that you wouldn’t encounter an hour into the game or couldn’t figure out. What people are showing and talking about literally puts a stupid grin on my face because it’s just so absurd. Just the sheer amount of QoL improvements alone is impressive.

Whereas BOTW promised you a massive mysterious world where you always said “what’s over there?”, TotK says “yeah, but how you gonna do it?” and gives you 20 ways to do so.

People are talking like they did when BOTW had the Great Plateau preview. It’s just this child-like glee of being able to do what you think should work, and it does! Even non-fanboys are gushing because it’s what a video game is supposed to do: have fun.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Alxprit posted:

I'm eating this info up, I think no matter how much I know about the game it won't be ruined the same way knowing everything you can do on the great plateau didn't ruin the rest of BotW.

Only whetting my appetite at this point. I'm not going whole hog but bits of preview are good imo.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

CBD Corndog posted:

10/10 goty of all years

ffuuuccckkk yes

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Today is the day we all realized TotK wasn’t BotW2: it’s BotW2

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Surprised they're letting so many folks spoil it early. Easy enough to dodge but I don't remember seeing basically anyone playing BotW beforehand and I wasn't trying to avoid anything then.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I looked at a couple of clips where they say that performance issues were happening and while it is noticeable it doesn't seem any worse than what was in BotW. I am excited!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FooF posted:

For folks wanting to avoid spoilers: nothing I’ve seen in previews hasn’t been shown in trailers. You’re just seeing it in action. They’re not showing anything that you wouldn’t encounter an hour into the game or couldn’t figure out. What people are showing and talking about literally puts a stupid grin on my face because it’s just so absurd. Just the sheer amount of QoL improvements alone is impressive.

Whereas BOTW promised you a massive mysterious world where you always said “what’s over there?”, TotK says “yeah, but how you gonna do it?” and gives you 20 ways to do so.

People are talking like they did when BOTW had the Great Plateau preview. It’s just this child-like glee of being able to do what you think should work, and it does! Even non-fanboys are gushing because it’s what a video game is supposed to do: have fun.

also this is correct basically nothing about anything shown today is spoilers

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Khanstant posted:

Surprised they're letting so many folks spoil it early. Easy enough to dodge but I don't remember seeing basically anyone playing BotW beforehand and I wasn't trying to avoid anything then.

:confused: nintendo let people play basically the entire great plateau at E3 before BoTW came out

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Khanstant posted:

I recall reading first impressions from reviewers who got to play the great plateau opening sequence early. The biggest takeaway I got was that there were a lot of different ways to approach each challenge but still get the same end result.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
This was a pretty guided event, while the great plateau previews were like: "here's the plateau, go nuts" iirc. It was a much bigger preview for botw.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the closest you get to a spoiler in this event is "I think I found something really cool but Nintendo told me not to talk about it"

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Augus posted:

the closest you get to a spoiler in this event is "I think I found something really cool but Nintendo told me not to talk about it"

It's really impressive that they were able to edit Groose out of every single frame of video

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

got a big spoiler because old man reggie can't hold me back: zelda's in this one

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

got a big spoiler because old man reggie can't hold me back: zelda's in this one

how dare you

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

You monster.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I wanna play as Linkle. The best Zelda character Linkle.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I'd say its a big spoiler because until now we didn't really know the vibe of the gameplay loop, like how often we'd use ultrahand or where parts would be. I thought they would be rarer and we'd have to find them and kinda plan around them, not that there would be seemingly so plentiful and disposable that there'd be an inventory screen for them. We also saw that there's about 6 'powers' total whereas before I thought maybe recall was just one of many spells. I also thought we could swim underwater.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

External Organs posted:

It's really impressive that they were able to edit Groose out of every single frame of video

One of the most powerful new powers in ToTK is the ability to summon Groose from the sky.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
hard to believe Nintendo actually played these redux Blight fights on Master Mode. They're challenging in the way bosses should be, but severely limiting resources while giving them the ability for infinite health makes impossible runs too common. and that's really annoying!

even that wouldn't be a huge hurdle if not for each one triggering health regen during invulnerability periods like when they teleport. Windblight ended up being the most aggravating because he'd frequently ragdoll off of the divine beast and then teleport early, and often his first teleport would be a "false" one and he'd move yet again, meaning your progress was guaranteed to be erased. I was never in any risk of dying, my bows couldn't keep up

As with the previous two, abusing elixirs was the winning move, even if it's total cheese. But whatever, for the Fireblight I'm rolling in 3x attack and temp hearts from the very start and just murking him. Time to mop this up, there's TotK on the horizon!!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Augus posted:

Unfortunately that tweet spelled out what it was in no uncertain terms and I really would have liked to not know that especially when it was stapled to a tweet about framerate.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Antonymous posted:

I'd say its a big spoiler because until now we didn't really know the vibe of the gameplay loop, like how often we'd use ultrahand or where parts would be. I thought they would be rarer and we'd have to find them and kinda plan around them, not that there would be seemingly so plentiful and disposable that there'd be an inventory screen for them. We also saw that there's about 6 'powers' total whereas before I thought maybe recall was just one of many spells. I also thought we could swim underwater.

how is the basic gameplay loop possibly a spoiler? that's something you discover in the first 20 minutes of the game and usually an important thing to know to inform buying decisions!

people are getting absolutely wild about what they consider spoilers. This is like bitching DOOM showed off multiple weapons so now you know you aren't just going to shoot everything with a pistol all game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
It's okay if you want to not know anything about the game before launch, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect the thread to not discuss official prerelease info. Just unbookmark the thread and play the game in a couple weeks.