Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

yea thats a big loving problem. They need to take the time to make the movies and poo poo good, but they're too busy also trying to pump these out to appease shareholders and poo poo. Andor was done on a considerable timeline, which I think also played in its favor.

Same with the animated shows. You can't rush animation (as much) as you can these volume / live action shows. Its why I think Bad Batch, Clone Wars S7, Tales, and Visions have all been pretty high quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Arc Hammer posted:

This season of Mando felt more like TCW than anything else so I'd have been okay with it being animated.

I'm happy that Andor exists and that it is getting a second season. More than that I'm hoping it and stuff like Visions allows Star Wars to explore more aspects of the galaxy. Live action cartoon adventures is fine but it's good to have variety. I'd love to see more shows aimed at an older audience like Andor but I wouldn't want that to be all I get.

If season 5 of Rebels gets to be live-action, then season 4 of The Mandalorian gets to be animated.

The quality of this last season of The Bad Batch is just wild. I still can’t believe that it’s still the same “action-figure” aesthetic of the original The Clone Wars movie, too.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Marsupial Ape posted:

If season 5 of Rebels gets to be live-action, then season 4 of The Mandalorian gets to be animated.

:hmmyes:

I'm totally okay with any Mando follow up leaning even more to the TCW-ness of it. Bring back Tom Kane: "This week on The Mandalorian, Din and Grogu land on [PLANET] and encounter [MEGAFAUNA] terrorizing the local [ALIEN SPECIES]"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Tom Kane is retired. He ain't coming back.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mando just needs someone to bring him a new disintegration gun as a birthday present

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Marsupial Ape posted:

The quality of this last season of The Bad Batch is just wild. I still can’t believe that it’s still the same “action-figure” aesthetic of the original The Clone Wars movie, too.

Only if it's animated like the Boba Fett cartoon from the Holiday Special.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1651013918456958977

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Star Wars lo-fi should just be the Niamos theme on repeat.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

geez, between this and blizzard, i'm starting to think that the lo-fi chill thing is starting to get a little played out :(

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

its free content?!?! the star wars ones are nice too I listen to their live broadcast sometimes at work

edit: the cal kestis track slaps too!!

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 26, 2023

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Sash! posted:

Mando just needs someone to bring him a new disintegration gun as a birthday present

I want Mando to use a different never before seen crazy space weapon every episode. First episode he brings out the vibrating nunchucks, next episode an electric whip, the episode after that an acid dripping fencing foil. Get a new stunt choreographer every episode and let them go wild.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bust out the superheated brass knucks that shatter armor.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I want IG 11 and Grogu to wax philosophical about palpatine's theories on how to kill a moff

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I want to know where Yodas come from, but I also don't want to know where Yodas come from.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sash! posted:

I want to know where Yodas come from, but I also don't want to know where Yodas come from.

"Answer: Revan believed..."

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 26, 2023

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

HootTheOwl posted:

"Answer: Revan believed..."

Ah the Talmudic answer

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

They better never say what Yodas are, it would destroy their power as a literary device

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I hope Grogu starts talking next season. Tales of the Jedi let us know Yoda was not neccessarily representative of how his people speak, so I want to find out who is the weird one.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I just figure Yoda, because of his being super old. Like if you found some 700 year old Englishman and you ask "tell us the story of Christmas" and he says "And it was don in tho daies, a maundement wente out fro the emperour August, that al the world schulde be discryued" at you. You sit there like "what the hell does manudement mean?"

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

We're inevitably going to get a "Dada"/"Mama" in Next Mando, depending how strong the Bo-Katan Mandalore Matriarch thread is played. A huge part of The Mandalorian is baby yoda, and the parenting and upbringing of this hugely popular cultural phenomenon. They'd be dumb not to capitalize on it. I look forward to the awkward edgy teen phase of Grogu.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Jehde posted:

We're inevitably going to get a "Dada"/"Mama" in Next Mando, depending how strong the Bo-Katan Mandalore Matriarch thread is played. A huge part of The Mandalorian is baby yoda, and the parenting and upbringing of this hugely popular cultural phenomenon. They'd be dumb not to capitalize on it. I look forward to the awkward edgy teen phase of Grogu.

Grogu’s 30 yr old Neet phase where he posts on holo-discord all day while Mando pesters him to get a job.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

swickles posted:

I hope Grogu starts talking next season.

sadly Gilbert Gottfried is no longer with us

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/JordanMaison/status/1650854652253024259?t=SsZbtbhRQjgnQg_fzLreHg&s=19

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I love how displeased Rukh looks with that development

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

swickles posted:

I hope Grogu starts talking next season. Tales of the Jedi let us know Yoda was not neccessarily representative of how his people speak, so I want to find out who is the weird one.

Maybe it's like a Schwarzenegger situation where other Yodas lose their accent over time, but Yoda knew his distinctive voice aided his career so he took speech therapy lessons to make sure he kept it!

Yep, yep I think that is DEFINITELY the very important secret behind Yoda's voice :hmmyes:

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Jerusalem posted:

Maybe it's like a Schwarzenegger situation where other Yodas lose their accent over time, but Yoda knew his distinctive voice aided his career so he took speech therapy lessons to make sure he kept it!
I can see Tales of the Jedi milking it through three episodes:
  • High Republic. Yoda talks "normally" like Yaddle and is constantly ignored by fellow Jedi and the Council. Starts talking like a moron and everyone pays attention.
  • Prequel. Takes on Dooku as his apprentice and reveals his secret. Eventually Dooku stops paying attention to his master until he starts talking like a moron again.
  • Dagobah. Talking to a lizard (also uninterested) and fills 95% of the episode talking about his 900 year life history "normally". Hears the sound of an X-wing crash landing and laments "Saddle, back into, I am."

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Daigoro never grows up, so baby Yoda ain’t gonna grow up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cheesus posted:

Hears the sound of an X-wing crash landing and...

...rubs his hands together with glee, finally he can once again indulge in his one great love: wrestling astro-droids for lovely rations. :hellyeah:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Sash! posted:

Season 4 can open with him about to leave for an adventure and right before he goes the Anzillans (sp?) make one and giving it to him while Yoda continuially triggers the YES. YES. YES. voice from whatever bits are left of IG-11.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

...rubs his hands together with glee, finally he can once again indulge in his one great love: wrestling astro-droids for lovely rations. :hellyeah:

Yoda whacking R2 with his gimer stick is one of the funniest bits in all of Star Wars

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Jehde posted:

If his first words aren't "Dis d'way" I'll be shocked.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
"Im da Baby Yoda, gotta love me!"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jerusalem posted:

To be fair, it was probably the first food he'd had in 18 years that he hadn't needed to wipe swamp poo poo off.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

To be fair, it was probably the first food he'd had in 18 years that he hadn't needed to wipe swamp poo poo off.

Nah he’s just foolin around. After he takes a bite he immediately complains about how poo poo it is

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Jehde posted:

Bo-Maman sounds good to me.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Despite our usual hatred of bureaucracy, there is still a worrying lack of background checks in the Mandalorian adoption process

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Ratjaculation posted:

Despite our usual hatred of bureaucracy, there is still a worrying lack of background checks in the Mandalorian adoption process
Don't make me tap the sign say the line

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ratjaculation posted:

You are either a foundling, abducted by the fauna or dinner(:rip: dino birds)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 26, 2023

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

skasion posted:

Nah he’s just foolin around. After he takes a bite he immediately complains about how poo poo it is

Well yes, it had no swamp poo poo on it.

You get used to the taste after a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You are either a foundling, abducted or the fauna or dinner(:rip: dino birds)

I love how cold bloodedly hosed up the Star Wars universe is some times.

Grogu eating that lady's eggs, spit roasting the baby birds, all of it.

The galaxy is old and gives no poo poo about being polite.