Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
My posts are less popular than I had hoped (sigh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

When a bunch of chud accounts were getting suspended for sharing the trans day of vengeance images, one of the suggestions was to not suspend the accounts but to just block out the images. The idea being that the ones sharing it weren't the ones calling for violence, they were just reporting on it.

So of course the first demonstration of it on Twitter is to block out the fact that subscribers are enthusiastically agreeing with calls to violence

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

kazil posted:

When a bunch of chud accounts were getting suspended for sharing the trans day of vengeance images, one of the suggestions was to not suspend the accounts but to just block out the images. The idea being that the ones sharing it weren't the ones calling for violence, they were just reporting on it.

So of course the first demonstration of it on Twitter is to block out the fact that subscribers are enthusiastically agreeing with calls to violence

They also edited their hateful conduct policy to remove protections against attacking trans people.

Elon is an abusive poo poo stain.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
how many people at Twitter HQ rn stuck between recognising that this is acutely embarrassing for the company and its flagship product, and recognising also that if they don't handle it in a way that meets Elon's approval they will get summarily fired

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Hammerite posted:

how many people at Twitter HQ rn stuck between recognising that this is acutely embarrassing for the company and its flagship product, and recognising also that if they don't handle it in a way that meets Elon's approval they will get summarily fired

especially if you're in the US on a work visa that will be revoked if you get fired, which I'm sure elon is 100% fine and dandy with taking advantage of

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Revins posted:

especially if you're in the US on a work visa that will be revoked if you get fired, which I'm sure elon is 100% fine and dandy with taking advantage of

"Well they should have the foresight to look for other jobs!" say the people who haven't had to deal with the clusterfuck that is dealing with punitive immigration policies and having your entire life dependant on your visa status

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Now that Crowder is divorced, can we convince Grimes to date him for a bit and turn Musk against his Blue Checks?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Elon has successfully turned Twitter into the most hateful and vile platform that rewards and promotes it above all else.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
I know there have been plenty of tech layoffs in the last year, but Elon has owned Twitter for 6 months and there is still an overall scarcity of tech talent.

I don’t consider someone a bad person if they decide that due to their circumstances they would prefer not to change jobs right now, but they do have agency. Most of my connections in San Francisco are not Americans, and most of them are on job 3 or 4.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

lmao this dude was a drug dealer.. then somehow "played" poker to get into these big tournaments. hmmm..

what a huge call by antonius though even though that bluff line was terrible.

MikeJF posted:

Sadly, we do know this isn't true, though, we can analyse muscle connections off bones and the loads they would have borne. We've got a pretty good idea the general shape of the dinosaurs with more comprehensive skeletal records.

Also since then we've discovered larger relatives of
Deinonychus that then got named raptors because of Jurassic Park, like Utahraptor and Dakotaraptor, both of which would gently caress you up hard.

i don't like microraptor gui. only linux for me. i know linux.

Mokotow posted:

Still blows my mind there isn’t a successful 1:1 copy of the system. Mastodon has all these weird quirks that make it something else entirely. I guess that tech just doesn’t scale well enough for a smaller dev or company to be able to re-launch it.

none of the tech is difficult. it needs effort to be done but there's no hard problem in the actual system itself. the biggest issue is just getting users.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

koshmar posted:

I found this in the replies, has anyone else seen this elsewhere? I know he's a petty little bitch but this is hosed if true.

(I know he took the Roadster and the company, I didn't realize it was the one shot into space)

https://twitter.com/K4Mst3/status/1651220540101632000?s=20

Yeah, I've seen that before on youtube. Which video? I can't remember, it was like 5 months ago.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

I had no idea this was a thing that was happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UTJuWP8_2Q&t=711s

apparently not really elon's fault directly but just a bunch of grifters using his name and tesla's to get views on youtube.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
hijacking big channels on youtube and changing them to tesla/spacex whatever and playing a clip of musk on loop while you shill your scam is a big thing yeah

linustechtips got his channel taken over too

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

VictualSquid posted:

I once saw someone arguing that she dumped him because he was transphobic, or specifically transphobic to his kid. With whom she probably interacted more then elon did.

He was always fuckbrained, just not as publicly.

I've heard this too and seen this tweet interaction, and it infuriates me every time that she's still giving him some room here, like 'I know in your heart you aren't this guy' just because she was dumb enough to marry him and didn't want to believe she could marry a bigoted rear end in a top hat. Just full-on 'you don't know him, I can fix him' naivete, this far into a loving marriage. Just goddamn, Grimes.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Revins posted:

humanity doesn't deserve the internet

Counterpoint: we deserve what we got.

Strong Sauce posted:

i don't like microraptor gui. only linux for me. i know linux.

Did… you just make a “this is a UNIX system! I know UNIX!” reference?
(The computers in the movie were Macs, BTW, which could have been running A/UX, but probably were just using an application that looked like it did something, in true movie fashion. The video call from the dock was just a QuickTime movie, for example. )

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I've heard this too and seen this tweet interaction, and it infuriates me every time that she's still giving him some room here, like 'I know in your heart you aren't this guy' just because she was dumb enough to marry him and didn't want to believe she could marry a bigoted rear end in a top hat. Just full-on 'you don't know him, I can fix him' naivete, this far into a loving marriage. Just goddamn, Grimes.

minor nitpick but grimes and musk weren't married

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

(The computers in the movie were Macs, BTW, which could have been running A/UX, but probably were just using an application that looked like it did something, in true movie fashion. The video call from the dock was just a QuickTime movie, for example. )

oh yeah it was unix. i haven't watched the movie in a bit. i thought it was some silicon graphics app they were using.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Darchangel posted:

It’s called fsn and it was a real (weird) thing.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Darchangel posted:

:hmmyes:

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

kazil posted:

drat, what's the point in having sex with Elon if you can't take half his stuff in the inevitable divorce?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Darchangel posted:

It was an SGI workstation, and that 3D file browser was a real thing that came with IRIX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaRHU1XxMJQ.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

kazil posted:

No that's a good point that I forgot! So let's me amend it to, she was upset she built a life/had a kid with a bigot.

She strikes me as the sort of person who egotistically thought she would never fall prey to such a man, but maybe that's bc of the Boat Grimes insanity of her early 20s that was basically that kinda rich kid naivete of 'I am sure that nothing bad is gonna happen to me!!'

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

DeeplyConcerned posted:

drat, what's the point in having sex with Elon if you can't take half his stuff in the inevitable divorce?

Most people probably prefer a stable relationship

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

The_Franz posted:

It was an SGI workstation, and that 3D file browser was a real thing that came with IRIX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaRHU1XxMJQ.

Huh. Wonder why that GUI never caught on?

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i feel like if that WASN'T musk's account he would have quote tweeted something with the crylaugh emoji about it by now right

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

StrangersInTheNight posted:

No that's a good point that I forgot! So let's me amend it to, she was upset she built a life/had a kid with a bigot.

She strikes me as the sort of person who egotistically thought she would never fall prey to such a man, but maybe that's bc of the Boat Grimes insanity of her early 20s that was basically that kinda rich kid naivete of 'I am sure that nothing bad is gonna happen to me!!'

Grimes is pretty dumb

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

kazil posted:

Grimes is pretty dumb

This is such a polite post.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Case in point https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/1597388719937716224?t=C-UVsG_uhG1NRA4-z5cngw&s=19

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

kazil posted:

Grimes is pretty dumb

quote:

“In the past, I’ve been quite not good to myself. On the last tour, my last record, because I was ‘vegan’ and I had this thing where I was like, ‘The only reliable food is spaghetti.’ So I was only eating spaghetti for a year or two years. I only ate spaghetti. And then I was just so sick and my hair actually stopped growing. I went to the doctor and the doctor was like, ‘You actually are malnourished from not eating vegetables or meat and just eating spaghetti for two years.”

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

https://wegotthiscovered.com/news/grimes-houseboat-story-vanity-fair-even-weirder/

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Is Pizza Hut paying for the "Elon Special", where he personally responds to their tweet or some poo poo?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1651096664034144256?s=20

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
No one out Elons the Musk

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Soylent Pudding posted:

Working in IT this is the most believable part of the movie.

Crichton's take on science is terrible, but his grasp of people's shortsightedness is pretty good across his books.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Crichton makes a lot of sense when you realize pretty much his entire library is him being so angry at the money driving medical/pharma research that he swapped careers.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

MikeJF posted:

Sadly, we do know this isn't true, though, we can analyse muscle connections off bones and the loads they would have borne. We've got a pretty good idea the general shape of the dinosaurs with more comprehensive skeletal records.

Also since then we've discovered larger relatives of
Deinonychus that then got named raptors because of Jurassic Park, like Utahraptor and Dakotaraptor, both of which would gently caress you up hard.

Well, poo poo. I was right after all.

Shageletic posted:

Can't you say that about a million species in Australia?

...and several trees, lots of bushes. Probably rocks.

Infinitum posted:

Most of our wildlife is pretty harmless otherwise

Aw, you're taking the fun out of it.

Mr Scumbag posted:

Hey guys do you want to talk about Elon Musk loving up Twitter

Honestly, the dinosaurs are more interesting. Certainly more wholesome.
I like Ankylosaurs.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

E the Shaggy posted:

Is Pizza Hut paying for the "Elon Special", where he personally responds to their tweet or some poo poo?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1651096664034144256?s=20

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1649622054830841858

he also replied to this pizza hut tweet from two months ago

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1649622054830841858

he also replied to this pizza hut tweet from two months ago

Their bio is "I'd Eat Me", he's such a weirdo

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
"this ai gen thing is perfect and better than human stuff !"

*shows something that looks janky*

my god, musk and techbros are such dumb mofos. theyre just telling on themsevles that they a bunch of dumbasses that dont know what quality is.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I'm not trying to be mean but was Grimes kicked in the head by the unicorn she saw on shrooms?

Because Lady seems to be "out to lunch" taken to a lifestyle, based on everything I've seen of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I'm vegan.

*doesnt eat veggies, also eats a type of pasta that if it's not explicit labeled vegan is probably a standard pasta that's made with egg*
(also maybe she eats it with red sauce with often has meat sooooooo)