Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He's definitely qualified to speak on Lucha Libre though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

OnimaruXLR posted:

I know I've harped on about this before, but is there a stated agenda for modern NXT? Like I know when it was good it was supposed to have been a super indie where people could strut before being comically mangled by the main roster creative process, but is it now just... a wrestling show put on by a mixture of their greenest talent?

My brain has trouble grasping the point. It'd be like if you had a show that consisted of rookie writers getting their first drafts filmed. Or is the idea here that it's a developmental league in the same sense that non-major league sports will sometimes get airtime? But those sort of things tend to air on the more grognard-y channels of local TV and sports networks, not national cable.

It's whatever they need to say it is for USA network to give them money.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Dangoor and Ryan Satin are gonna be the only people invited to WWE press conferences, and every question is just going to be "Wow, how is everything so great?"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1651284577170726915

Literally Ryan from The Office trying to get out of cleaning the microwave.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I would bet on Heyman dropping the line: "The only reason you're champion is because Roman Reigns didn't want to work Mondays/Fridays (choose the appropriate one)" to the holder of the new, lesser world title, probably during the build to Survivor Series.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Maigius posted:

I would bet on Heyman dropping the line: "The only reason you're champion is because Roman Reigns didn't want to work Mondays/Fridays (choose the appropriate one)" to the holder of the new, lesser world title, probably during the build to Survivor Series.

Survivor Series isn't brand vs. brand anymore it's WAAAAAARGAAAAAAMES which is somehow even dumber.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1651284577170726915

Literally Ryan from The Office trying to get out of cleaning the microwave.

He'll just make it worse

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
rip to the honorable tradition of Fall Brawl (feat. War Games)

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mansoor the blue chipper jihadist would have been an all timer gimmick

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

weekly font posted:

Mansoor the blue chipper jihadist would have been an all timer gimmick

It's a great time for Miro to go back to WWE and declare his allegiance to Vladimir Putin

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Vince probably thought this would make him a bigger babyface for the Saudi shows

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also the 9/11 part would be the payoff to a love triangle with Mansoor, Ali, and Aliyah

Aliyah is from Toronto

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Been going through 2002 at the moment and lance storm and the unamericans were cutting some spicy promos and iirc came out during the one year anniversary raw to make fun of everyone being sad which was like drat alright. One of promos was along the lines of 'this cowardly nation of losers got what was coming to it, and it was only a fraction as bad as what we're gonna do to idk billy and chuck here tonight!!'

So what im saying is let's not take using 9/11 as a means of getting heat completely off the table

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

All the writers always say they were pitching gold but Vince would overrule him and their ideas are a 30 year old did 9/11 and a Crocodile Dundee stereotype 40 years late.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol if it turns out that Vince was actually their best writer all along

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think the former writers going "Yeah I tried but Vince overruled all my poo poo" and the current writer who is very clearly on the same creative wavelength (and personality wavelength) as Vince are probably different parties.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Big Dick Johnson putting on the costume so his sick 9/11 idea will please Vince

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Big Dick Johnson putting on the costume so his sick 9/11 idea will please Vince

But enough about The Rock in "The Mummy Returns"

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cody walked his tattoo into the heart of racism itself to solve it. What a hero.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cody walked his tattoo into the heart of racism itself to solve it. What a hero.

He’s just trying to prove he’s not a chicken.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MJeff posted:

Survivor Series isn't brand vs. brand anymore it's WAAAAAARGAAAAAAMES which is somehow even dumber.

Survivor Series is the one time a year that teams of 5 randomly form to go head to head in competition!

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

They should still do the 9/11 mastermind gimmick but instead it’s Dominik Mysterio

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Cody will solve racism in the WWE when he's inevitably put in a cuck storyline

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I love my black wife, and her black boyfriend

Cody Rhodes 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Can't believe hiring a bunch of lovely failed comedy writers leads to a writing team putting out the most grotesque, lazy & lowest-common-denominator poo poo possible. A loving Crocodile Dundee gimmick. 35 years too late.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

that's the kind of sad edgelord poo poo you'll get when you have failed sitcom writers trying to impress a 70 plus year old man who has a 12 year old's sense of humor

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Indi Hartwell and Grayson Waller each got legit hurt during their separate title matches on NXT. Sol Ruca was legit hurt going in and was written off

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Don't know who Sol Ruca is but sad to hear that she is a write off.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think she was the one rookie who was looking good really quickly?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Rarity posted:

If the fed says someone is written off it’s in pretty poor taste to mention them ever again

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
shane thorne should have hunted Baron Corbin and locked him in a cage and also Baron Corbin should have been behind the 9/11 attacks

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Rarity posted:

I believe she’s the one who does that pretty sweet summersault cutter in the corner.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

MotU posted:

shane thorne should have hunted Baron Corbin and locked him in a cage and also Baron Corbin should have been behind the 9/11 attacks

Sad sack Corbin, or Happy Corbin?

This is important.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Sandman McMahon posted:

They should still do the 9/11 mastermind gimmick but instead it’s Dominik Mysterio

Who’s that jumping out the sky?
(It’s the guy from the gamestop NFT)

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Don't know who Sol Ruca is but sad to hear that she is a write off.

Jerry, all these big companies, they write off everything.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sad sack Corbin, or Happy Corbin?

This is important.

Well he did 9/11 so I assume he'd be Very Happy Corbin

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Sandman McMahon posted:

Dom was in Guantanamo. The Subway at the base in Guantanamo. It changed him.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Sol Ruca

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

*scared horse noises*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ACL tear for Sol, her year's over https://www.f4wonline.com/news/nxt/wwe-nxts-sol-ruca-sidelined-with-torn-acl