Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Unfortunately Jalmari Helander is much beloved in Finland and his other films are great, so this Political film will probably get a lot of exposure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!
one of the best

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ZSharf/status/1651248088625840129?s=20

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

watched the new mulaney special last night, not usually too big on standup but it was really good, lots on his addiction and recovery, didn't touch too much on his divorce and olivia munn

recommend i guess

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

watched the new mulaney special last night, not usually too big on standup but it was really good, lots on his addiction and recovery, didn't touch too much on his divorce and olivia munn

recommend i guess

the funniest comedy special i can imagine: spending an hour talking about getting sober

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Anyone watch that Keri Russell political show on netflix?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

croup coughfield posted:

the funniest comedy special i can imagine: spending an hour talking about getting sober

he made it funny, he's a great storyteller

and prob less than half of it is about getting sober, more of it is about being an addict (e.g. buying a $12,000 rolie with a credit card to sell for $6,000 cash)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

Anyone watch that Keri Russell political show on netflix?

I watched the first two episodes. If you like Sorkin poo poo then it's gonna be right up your alley, 'cept Keri Russell is way easier on the eyes than Martin Sheen

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lol at watching some dogshit finnish film because it looks epic

it was bro night movie of the month lol

it's going to be good

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

can i buy you a drink?

quote:

O/\TH Gin is made with a family formula, a special recipe inspired by both world-renowned athletes.
The idea of the unique formula draws inspiration from oats in Valtteri Bottas’ family fields in Finland
and the famous Adelaide-grown apples near Tiffany Cromwell’s hometown of Stirling, Australia.
O/\TH is an ode to the improbable, the unexpected, the marriage of minds and cultures, Finnish ‘sisu’ and Aussie True Grit,
of oat fields and apple orchards, all transformed into a perfectly fresh and incredibly smooth gin.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I like that the dog looks like my dog.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I want to say that Marlon Wayans: God Loves Me is an incredibly good special. It was made with love and was everything I wanted the post-Oscarslap Chris Rock special to be.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

croup coughfield posted:

this is exclusively the only thing that comedy specials comedians can only talk about : rehab, addiction, sobriety, getting fat during the pandemic, zoom calls, and failed threesomes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
say one thing about the fat guy (jim gaffigan) who only talks about hot pockets for an hour but at least that’s novel, comparatively

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

were live and getting pussy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
no one ever talks about getting bussy anymore T_T

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
it’s actually kinda impressive how standup is all this extremely generic Ryan Reinhardt Soylent rear end slurry paste of nothingness

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!
i wouldnt know i just watch old norm bits

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

They promised the dog wouldn’t die in the youtube ads

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

KirbyKhan posted:

I want to say that Marlon Wayans: God Loves Me is an incredibly good special. It was made with love and was everything I wanted the post-Oscarslap Chris Rock special to be.

Probably the best stand-up I've seen in the last year, although Kyle Kinane's "Shocks and Struts" is up there (they tossed the whole thing on YT for free)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWR4AMqfTNA

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

The ending was kind of corny but that's the worst thing I can say about it. the joke about Tupac possessing Will Smith to deliver the slap was very well crafted

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

I watched the first two episodes. If you like Sorkin poo poo then it's gonna be right up your alley, 'cept Keri Russell is way easier on the eyes than Martin Sheen

it’s better than real sorkin because:

1. the weird sexism of sorkin isn’t there
2. the offstage Kamala Harris standin gets owned lol.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Speaking of comedians, does Bret Kreischer have any other bits besides the machine thing? I keep seeing his name come up in stuff but it feels like that's his whole career

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!
goons stop being publicly horny for keri russell challenge

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

croup coughfield posted:

ridiculous

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

croup coughfield posted:

[IMPOSSIBLE]

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

croup coughfield posted:

FAILED

Impossible: 18
vs
Your Total: 11
--
Volition: 9
Dice: 1 + 1 = 2

Critical Failure

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

croup coughfield posted:

if this is wrong I don't want to be right

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

croup coughfield posted:

come on dude

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

christmas boots posted:

Speaking of comedians, does Bret Kreischer have any other bits besides the machine thing? I keep seeing his name come up in stuff but it feels like that's his whole career

this is the only thing i know him from, not really a ~bit~ tho p hosed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKZ2PKQ21UM

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this is the only thing i know him from, not really a ~bit~ tho p hosed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKZ2PKQ21UM
spiking the drink of a mentally disabled person is just hosed up.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Uncle Wemus posted:

i WILL kill HIM

this is a harkonnen animal!

i forgot paul disrespectfully explodes his body after stabbing him

Cuttlefush has issued a correction as of 20:54 on Apr 26, 2023

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

come on dude

i wont stand for it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

come on dude

mcmagic posted:

if this is wrong I don't want to be right

christmas boots posted:

FAILED

Impossible: 18
vs
Your Total: 11
--
Volition: 9
Dice: 1 + 1 = 2

Critical Failure

Koirhor posted:

ridiculous

KirbyKhan posted:

[IMPOSSIBLE]

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Ballistic: Jexi vs Stuber

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i watched Taxi Driver last night, good film

My parents first date was a screening of Taxi Driver and my mother hated it because she felt it was too violent, and my dad hated it because he couldn't understand english and had no idea what was going on. I see that movie as a test of resolve for the universe to will my existence, but that aside yeah it's a pretty good film.

christmas boots posted:

The Machine is something akin to his Freebird in the sense I get the impression for a lot of his fans it doesn't really matter to them if he has another bit when they can just yell to him to do that one.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Redezga posted:

My parents first date was a screening of Taxi Driver and my mother hated it because she felt it was too violent, and my dad hated it because he couldn't understand english and had no idea what was going on. I see that movie as a test of resolve for the universe to will my existence, but that aside yeah it's a pretty good film.

lmao

travis bickle rear end date movie

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
you sucking me off? you suckin - I don't see anyone else in here, you must be suckin me off. whose dick do you think - are you loving suckin me off?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Redezga posted:

The Machine is something akin to his Freebird in the sense I get the impression for a lot of his fans it doesn't really matter to them if he has another bit when they can just yell to him to do that one.

he’s also got the whole “van wilder was based on me” chunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

My initial opinion has always been "at worst it'll be average/good since James Mangold will be doing a lot of the heavy lifting directing" because I only knew him really from Logan which rocked. I went to IMDB to see what else he's done and figured he's only been directing in the last decade or so since he's now hitting it big.

This is the most insane swing in movie quality and type I feel like I've ever seen. A brief sample of before he got to Wolverine:

Cop Land
Girl, Interrupted
Kate & Leopold
Identity
Walk the Line
3:10 to Yuma
Knight and Day