Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.
So what about Morrison beating Shorten?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Divine intervention.

Because god hates us.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

ALP had articulated some ambitious policy that was always going to be open to fearmongering, particularly as pretty much any tax reform will see someone worse off.

LNP flipped the leader and Morrison was relatively unknown as the psychopath we now all see that he was/is. So LNP was able to do the "new leadership" schtick and sheet any blame home to Abbott/Turnbull.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

They shall grow not old,
as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them,
nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
Lest we forget.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Wizard Master posted:

They shall grow not old,
as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them,
nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
Lest we forget.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

hooman posted:

Targetting supply side limits the emissions of everyone. Please look up emissions per capita of all countries. Reducing net emissions is exactly what the shareholders are demanding, BP should reduce production. Please also google the IMF.

EDIT: Seriously, do you imagine for a single second that any crying about the harm to developing countries from oil and gas producers is anything but cynical? Do you think they actually give a single poo poo? Sure, lets cut production and force all companies to pay reparations for exploitation, but the damage from not cutting emissions to those countries is going to be FAR WORSE. Please, please actually think about the broader context in which this "moral" case exists and don't just repeat pro oil propaganda uncritically.

Telling BP to divest some of its production to a junior/private investor does not limit emissions one single gram of CO2, it in fact likely increases them as the junior/private investor does not have the same oversight or access to capital so the imperative will be to wear higher opex (generally with higher scope three emissions) to recover capital ASAP.

By cost, I was talking about scope three emissions, each liter of fuel a user consumes incurs a certain amount of emissions to produce - these are scope three category two emissions for accounting purposes. Scope one is the emissions released by using that fuel. It is not just accounting, reducing scope three emissions for each liter of fuel used that can't be avoided is a good thing.

I work, live and raise my kids in developing countries. You live in far more privileged circumstance to most people I work with if you think fuel emissions in Columbia (for eg) is more damaging for Columbians than not having accessible fuel right now for framing or that developing countries take kindly to enlightened activism by the likes of you/France/Aus etc. Russia and China are gaining ground in Africa and a large part of it is because the colonial habits of France/IMF et al (such as restricting access to cheap energy) that just wont go away (always said to be in the interests of those nations, just like you said).

By increased government outflow, I meant as in the government paying BP for the more expensive gas to heat homes/power industry in Germany et al. What did you think happened? That they prevented strikes by paying for more nurses? These outflows mean a cut in government services to pay for the increased cost of gas that was subsidized by the government.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1650781489380880384

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
obviously bunyip took it

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

head less crocodile?? mate im bloody tryin

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Need Head

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Electric Wrigglies posted:

Telling BP to divest some of its production to a junior/private investor does not limit emissions one single gram of CO2, it in fact likely increases them as the junior/private investor does not have the same oversight or access to capital so the imperative will be to wear higher opex (generally with higher scope three emissions) to recover capital ASAP.

By cost, I was talking about scope three emissions, each liter of fuel a user consumes incurs a certain amount of emissions to produce - these are scope three category two emissions for accounting purposes. Scope one is the emissions released by using that fuel. It is not just accounting, reducing scope three emissions for each liter of fuel used that can't be avoided is a good thing.

I work, live and raise my kids in developing countries. You live in far more privileged circumstance to most people I work with if you think fuel emissions in Columbia (for eg) is more damaging for Columbians than not having accessible fuel right now for framing or that developing countries take kindly to enlightened activism by the likes of you/France/Aus etc. Russia and China are gaining ground in Africa and a large part of it is because the colonial habits of France/IMF et al (such as restricting access to cheap energy) that just wont go away (always said to be in the interests of those nations, just like you said).

By increased government outflow, I meant as in the government paying BP for the more expensive gas to heat homes/power industry in Germany et al. What did you think happened? That they prevented strikes by paying for more nurses? These outflows mean a cut in government services to pay for the increased cost of gas that was subsidized by the government.

Please don't assume that I've only lived and worked in Aus and have never seen poverty. You are not the only person with a broader perspective.

I quite literally believe that emitting countries should be funding carbon neutral energy development of developing countries, but we're not and won't. It's hosed beyond belief and is caused by governmental and regulatory capture by businesses. It also doesn't change the fact that we need to emit less. You know this, I know this, the BP long term shareholders know this. It had a plan to cut 40% of the hydrocarbon output that it has backtracked to 25%. This isn't about offloading to junior partners this is literally about energy transition, BP needs to be selling different poo poo. The shareholders are right to demand that companies emit less because unless you see some path to the overthrow of capital it is literally all we have.

Governments are too captured to effectively regulate. The companies themselves will not voluntarily decarbonise due to profit incentive structures, literally the only answer we have is shareholder action. Does it suck? Yes. Is it seemingly the only workable path to any kind of livable climate in 50 years? Also yes. This will especially in developing nations (kept intentionally developing by the IMF and developed nations to be more effectively exploited for labor) where they can't afford the climate mitigation, and don't have the infrastructure/economic force to try to ride out the changes. I hope the investments from China can help. But even right now standing at the precipice we're seeing droughts in India, island nations are being inundated by sea level rise and already may be locked in as being sunk.

Shareholder action is the only currently viable path, I know that it loving sucks, but this is it.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Pretty sure It will be in someones home bar after its been cleaned up.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The Pharmacy Guild is throwing all their toys out of the pram and I am so here for it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The Pharmacy Guild is throwing all their toys out of the pram and I am so here for it.

i thought buzzfeed went under

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Pedestrian.tv

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Hahah, that's amazing.

Imagine being smooth-brained enough to believe that having access to 60 day's worth of medication as opposed to 30 is going to increase someone's risk of overdose

Alternatively,

Imagine being dumb enough to put an argument that thin out there and not expect to lose all professional credibility in the eyes of the non-blue-paint-huffing public?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Why do GPs and pharmacists have a deathmatch in the news every other week?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

Why do GPs and pharmacists have a deathmatch in the news every other week?

Pharmacists are going for a powergrab over gps to do more basic medical stuff, and gps are pissed.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i dont understand why it takes so long to fill my prescription, i should be able to walk in, give them my script and get my drugs once they get them off the shelf, it should take 5 minutes max

but its always hand in the script then either wait 10 minutes or go wander off to a nearby shop and come back

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I dont understand either. I have never seen anyone getting a script at a chemist that wasnt just a box or bottle of pills.

my chemist it usually only takes 5min and she spends 4 of those minutes on the computer helping me figure out how to use the E-script thing, presumably logging in to the TGA thing to check im allowed to have dexies still, and then dispensing the drug takes all of 2 seconds to fetch from the shelf. not even in a safe.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its usually pretty fast for me if theres no queue or its not that one guy behind the counter who's having long winded conversations with everyone.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
anyone at uni have access to the academia.edu website and can send me the one result for this search so i don't have to spend 200$ ?

https://www.academia.edu/search?q=bennvenn&tab=1

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mGL3OdYXM

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

anyone at uni have access to the academia.edu website and can send me the one result for this search so i don't have to spend 200$ ?

https://www.academia.edu/search?q=bennvenn&tab=1

I'm assuming that it's the same result as Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=%22bennvenn%22&btnG=&oq=

A bad OCR of a French article that actually cites a "Bellemare".

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Thanks for that

https://twitter.com/RBASHAGGER/status/1651395568089059329

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

thats a million dollar home? :|

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It's in the highly desirable suburb of Lakemba lol

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010
873m2 of R4 zoned land, it wasn't purchased to live in

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

go_banana posted:

873m2 of R4 zoned land, it wasn't purchased to live in

its too bad she'll never live in it... but then again, who does?

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

ABC doing gods work with a nice visualisation of the scale of the Stage 3 tax cuts:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-28/stage-three-tax-cuts-to-scale/102268304

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.

SecretOfSteel posted:

ABC doing gods work with a nice visualisation of the scale of the Stage 3 tax cuts:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-28/stage-three-tax-cuts-to-scale/102268304

This is great. Everyone should have to read this. Jesus Christ ALP, I know even if they try to amend these they will end up reducing the cuts by like 10%, the LNP/BCA/Sky will go nuts and they roll have successfully convinced everyone they suck.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Trolley problem for ALP where on one track it's funding literally everything and on the other it's tax cuts for rich people

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
WTF?

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1651871776882712576

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

quote:

Previously Massingham said he could not “rule out foul play,” according to CNN affiliate 7 News.

Police confirmed they were looking into a possible link between Trotter’s disappearance and her recycling habits – she was known to go through trash cans outside her home and neighboring properties for recycling waste that had been put in the wrong bins.

She’d then put it in the correct bin to be recycled, police said.

“Whether that’s created some angst amongst the tenants, we’re working through that at the moment,” Massingham said.
This is so loving weird.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
That happened ages ago, it’s been in the qld news for weeks.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

quote:

The truck was one of 23 that took their waste collections to a transfer station, where it was compressed before being distributed to two landfill sites, Queensland Police said in a statement.

quote:

“The waste will be exhumed from the ground. It will then be tipped into lanes approximately 30 meters deep, at which time our police and ADF (Australian Defense Force) personnel will sift through by hand and using rakes,” he said.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
why not use cadaver dogs? you'd think dogs would still be able to smell a body in a tip

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
shouldn't biodegradable material go into the green waste, and not landfill?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Mr Chips posted:

shouldn't biodegradable material go into the green waste, and not landfill?

In theory; but I doubt the murderer was overly concerned with putting her body in the correct bin, especially given it seems she was killed over her penchant for obsessing over whether people were putting things in the right bin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

The Lord Bude posted:

That happened ages ago, it’s been in the qld news for weeks.

I don't read the Courier Mail. Should I start again?