Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I like how Tucker wasn't even ever locked to his chains in Branco's comic, just simple screws and nuts. He could've left at any time but chose not to, but now that someone else removed them from him when he would've preferred they stay on he's a bold free speech warrior or whatever.

Of the fresh faces I've seen here lately I think I hate Gamble the most. It's not a comic, it's just people saying stuff then the bad liberal/smart chud says exactly what the cartoonist thinks. It's just Hitch but way lazier!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I think that's the most prominent hooked nose Stiglich has given Biden yet. The gently caress is with him depicting Biden as an anti-Semitic caricature?
It's because Stiglich is an antisemite.

e: New Lub

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 26, 2023

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the UK evacuating people from Sudan – The first British evacuation flight has left Sudan, Downing Street has said, after Germany gave permission for the UK to fly a rescue plane from an airfield north of Khartoum that it has been controlling to coordinate its own rescue from the country" After George William Joy.

Telegraph:

Watch: Joe Biden takes aim at Donald Trump after announcing presidential candidacy

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Harry and Meghan prove nobody is safe from the dreaded ‘kiss cam’

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

100YrsofAttitude posted:

by Stellina from Taiwan

Bro, don't try to "Down Low, Too Slow" a robot! They're too fast, you'll never make it, bro!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Biden is so old! Thank god Trump is youthful and mentally fit.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Ah yes, Biden's famous diet Coke cocoa button. Clearly he was the one that bragged about having a button on his desk to summon diet Coke cocoa at a moment's notice.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Randalor posted:

Ah yes, Biden's famous diet Coke cocoa button. Clearly he was the one that bragged about having a button on his desk to summon diet Coke cocoa at a moment's notice.

Can't believe Matt just relabelled the comic he did 4 years ago.

Wait, what's that? He didn't do one? Huh. Huh.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Randalor posted:

Between this and Obama's extremely famous "Mission Accomplished" speech, are they trying to memory hole Trump?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Dirk the Average posted:

Between this and Obama's extremely famous "Mission Accomplished" speech, are they trying to memory hole Trump?

Republicans projecting their foibles, failures and crimes onto their enemies is nothing new, though. See: every freely thrown right-wing accusation of pedophilia in the face of Actual Sex Crimes by rightwingers recently and frequently coming to light.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Yikes.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Guavanaut posted:

It's because Stiglich is an antisemite.

e: New Lub

Am I just falling into the trap of reading every Lub as "Nothing matters, no good things ever happen, despair is our only option" or is this an exceptionally stupid comic?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Neito posted:

Am I just falling into the trap of reading every Lub as "Nothing matters, no good things ever happen, despair is our only option" or is this an exceptionally stupid comic?

This particular one seems relatively inoffensive as the nihilism is only directed at Fox.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
This thread naturally does not lend itself to charitable readings.

I like Mattie though.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

HECS-HELP indexation spikes to 7 per cent (Canberra Times). HECS-HELP are the loans available for students from the government for tertiary education (universities, TAFE etc.). They are interest free but are indexed to inflation and CPI; over the last decade this was usually around 2% or less but now it's over seven.
Also: Federal budget to allocate $4bn for long-range missiles and Australian production of key weapons (Guardian).

Wilcox:

More than 300 medicines to be half price as (Health Minister) Butler approves 60-day scripts (SMH).

Rowe:

Dyson:

Knight:

Spooner:

The only one not going with "he's so old".

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
1) Isn't Biden like... two years older than Trump? They're both ancient.

2) I'm going to assume even though everyone simultaneously decided to draw him with a Zimmer frame because He's So Old, Biden doesn't actually use one.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Prism posted:

1) Isn't Biden like... two years older than Trump? They're both ancient.

2) I'm going to assume even though everyone simultaneously decided to draw him with a Zimmer frame because He's So Old, Biden doesn't actually use one.

Biden is in fact able to walk unassisted.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Neito posted:

Yeah that was my guess, because if he actually showed up with one photos would be plastered everywhere and I've never seen one.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Neito posted:

No, you're correct. "Nothing matters" is Lub's (and the Nib's) stock and trade.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Man you'd think this would be the one toon that would make the Lub haters happy since it's only mocking Fox, chuds, and lovely ex-liberals who come on Tucker Carlson.

It's pure partisan red meat for team blue, for once.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’s takedowns of common right-wing TV pundits with a punchline of “It doesn’t matter what Fox airs instead of Tucker”.

It’s not nihilism; it’s stating that it doesn’t matter what the hell Fox airs so long as the audience gets their hour-long dose of fear and hatred.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah what the hell. What are they supposed to do about fox news whackos except lampoon them?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Neito posted:

Which president was it who refused to walk with the other world leaders and had to use a little kart to get around? That was Biden, right? Yeah, probably.
Mission Accomplished!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Pants Donkey posted:

It’s takedowns of common right-wing TV pundits with a punchline of “It doesn’t matter what Fox airs instead of Tucker”.

It’s not nihilism; it’s stating that it doesn’t matter what the hell Fox airs so long as the audience gets their hour-long dose of fear and hatred.

You've inadvertently identified the reason.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: But Where Does Electricity Come from?

Kellies Nomination: Ugliest Cartoon

The triptych of ineptitude. Wtf are those skeletons.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Saying that Fox hosts are all interchangeable gremlins isn't nihilism, it's just stating a fact.

The alternative is some bizarre Great Man Theory of right wing pundits, which Carlson himself is a refutation of, as he was just a replacement for Bill O'Reilly after he got axed for costing Fox too much money in sexual harassment lawsuits.

"Nihilism" doesn't mean "stuff I don't like to hear"

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Discendo Vox posted:

You've inadvertently identified the reason.

Pronouns don’t always refer to the same thing, because that’s how pronouns work. Those obviously mean distinct things despite containing the same string.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Yeah, it's not nihilism to say "that doesn't matter" about something. "Nothing ever matters" is not the same thing as pointing out Fox will always have a lovely host lined up.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

having only half the cartoon be an original drawing counts as shocking laziness by rowson's standards

did the editors moan at him that not every single reader is getting all the art references

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Neito posted:

"Nothing matters, no good things ever happen, despair is our only option"

Correct.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

The one in the black outfit with the cape was the good guy in that movie, right? His side won in the end?

Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

https://twitter.com/MatttDavies/status/1650881879661330432

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Ann Telnaes

Ann Telnaes posted:

The Post obtains a Jan. 2, 2021, recording of a private conversation among Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R), Fox Business anchor Maria Bartiromo and producer Abby Grossberg discussing Cruz’s efforts to help Donald Trump overturn the election.

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Because, as we all know, male and female bodies are identical and will respond identically in a crash.

Darrin Bell

Randall Enos

Dave Whamond - Mickey Mouse Sues Goofy

Bill Bramhall

Drew Sheneman

Adam Zyglis

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Neito posted:

"Nothing matters, no good things ever happen, despair is our only option"

Political Cartoons 2024

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Because, as we all know, male and female bodies are identical and will respond identically in a crash.

Why are they throwing such a piss over 20 million dollars, when that is a lot to a single household, but absolutely piss in the well for any giant corporation or government?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Conservatives have been screaming for years that male and female bodies are fundamentally, irreconcilably opposite and incomparable, and should never be treated as interchangeable, but when it comes to crash test dummies "eh, it's all the same". God forbid that tiny sum go to making women safer instead of funding anti-minority legislation.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Kellys nomination: Worst caricature

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

(It should be noted that this is pretty much a one for one of yesterday's Varvel.)

Al Goodwyn

Michael Ramirez

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

And Stiglich once again does an obituary cartoon praising a person who was pretty much the polar opposite of his political beliefs.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Mordaedil posted:

Why are they throwing such a piss over 20 million dollars, when that is a lot to a single household, but absolutely piss in the well for any giant corporation or government?

Because the 20 million is going to something they don't like and not the thing they do like, which is a dozen tomahawk missiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

And I'm sure that if Biden was calling for intervention you would be screeching about the cost you disingenuous hack.