Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

There are a few bubbles / crinkles here and there if you look closely, but I'm not sure if "perfection" can be expected with vinyl -- but for $1800, I'm not going to complain. Like at that price, I'll definitely go back in 3-5 years when I want to try out purple :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Took delivery of something I ordered a couple months ago:

It's a 2023 Q5 45 Prestige in District Green with an Okapi Brown interior. The color changes a ton depending on the lighting conditions, it really stands out against all the monochrome blobs floating around.

Dear OE’s: If you’re going to name an interior color “Okapi Brown,” that thing had better clean the headlights with a giant tongue that comes out of the bottom of the grille.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

MrYenko posted:

Dear OE’s: If you’re going to name an interior color “Okapi Brown,” that thing had better clean the headlights with a giant tongue that comes out of the bottom of the grille.

Is this really what my interior color is named after? loving amazing, if so.

Edit:// woah, Okapis are cool as hell

RIP Paul Walker fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 25, 2023

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Naming any single colour after the Okapi is dumb as hell

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

boring, slow, bad mpg, you can have all 3 like me!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

crutt posted:

To be fair, you do have the easiest oil changes of all time. I miss the 1GR :sigh:

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

crutt posted:

Excellent choice in wheels. MR308's are the best.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

I think first picture since I dropped down to 17x9.5s from 18x9.5s.

Added a Civic Si i-VTEC sticker to be subtle, but it is out of focus

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Oh, maaaaaaaaaaaan!
:thumbsup:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

BlackMK4 posted:

:love:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I’m swapping out my stock wheels for Sparco Records. I’m pretty excited. :3:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

This has been a very good page.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I did something stupid.

2017. 11,950 Miles on it. Very Well optioned. I traded in my 2018 Scat Pack Charger - got 8k less than I paid for it brand new in 2018.

The 2 car seats uh. Fit.
Kinda.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

Sick. Why the drop in size?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

amenenema posted:

Sick. Why the drop in size?

Short answer is tire choice.

Long answer is that if I want to win tires via contingency I need to run a Toyo RR or a Maxxis RC1 that fits into a 257mm template. Optimizing that template meant I needed to run a 255/35/18, but the RC1 only comes in a 265/35/18 (doesn't fit the template) and I canceled my 255/35/18 Toyo RR order after waiting 5 months with no ETA.

Made more sense to drop down to a 17 and switch to optional factory Brembo brakes to also get back classing points since the Stoptech brake kit I had on the car before wouldn't fit under a 17" wheel anyway.

Maxxis has a yearly cap of 8 tires won through contingency, which I've claimed for the year so I'm going to order a set of Toyo RRs and try to collect some of those too.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Winning tires is cool. Nice!

Car looks like it's a lot of fun too, I love how the FR-S handles on the road so it's probably pretty great when set up for track.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

There were lots of Toyobarus in my local autocross chapter, always seemed fun as hell for sure

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

TheFonz posted:

I did something stupid.

2017. 11,950 Miles on it. Very Well optioned. I traded in my 2018 Scat Pack Charger - got 8k less than I paid for it brand new in 2018.

The 2 car seats uh. Fit.
Kinda.

siiiiick

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

TheFonz posted:

The 2 car seats uh. Fit.
Kinda.

lmao

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

TheFonz posted:

The 2 car seats uh. Fit.
Kinda.

At least it will be easy to buckle the kids in.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:hmmyes: Way more user friendly than the more popular kid-hauling formats if you think about it

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

Short answer is tire choice.

Long answer is that if I want to win tires via contingency I need to run a Toyo RR or a Maxxis RC1 that fits into a 257mm template. Optimizing that template meant I needed to run a 255/35/18, but the RC1 only comes in a 265/35/18 (doesn't fit the template) and I canceled my 255/35/18 Toyo RR order after waiting 5 months with no ETA.

Made more sense to drop down to a 17 and switch to optional factory Brembo brakes to also get back classing points since the Stoptech brake kit I had on the car before wouldn't fit under a 17" wheel anyway.

Maxxis has a yearly cap of 8 tires won through contingency, which I've claimed for the year so I'm going to order a set of Toyo RRs and try to collect some of those too.

Interesting! Did you notice any change in performance from the switch?

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Rad Dad. Or Mom. A+.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

TheMadMilkman posted:

At least it will be easy to buckle the kids in.

Sab669 posted:

:hmmyes: Way more user friendly than the more popular kid-hauling formats if you think about it

I have lifted them in and out 4 times already. It's SO much easier than my charger was. And honestly, I did it once with the roof up and just folded the seat forward, and it was not bad at all either.
This loving rocks.

ThirstyBuck posted:

Rad Dad. Or Mom. A+.

Both. Well - I'm not both, but mom fully supported the decision from the discussion start 12 months ago

My 3(2 at the time) year old son asked me "Peppa's Daddy has a convertible car. Can we have a convertible car?"
loving absolutely bud. I named my Profile in the car "Daddy Pig"

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 27, 2023

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

TheFonz posted:

My 3(2 at the time) year old son asked me "Peppa's Daddy has a convertible car. Can we have a convertible car?"
loving absolutely bud. I named my Profile in the car "Daddy Pig"

Owns.

I remember my Miata times with my 3 year old. Good stuff.

I also remember loading the same kid into a car seat in the back of a Volvo C70. That car didn't last too long after that.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

amenenema posted:

Interesting! Did you notice any change in performance from the switch?

I switched tires at the same time, Nankang AR1 to Maxxis RC1 so I wasn't able to discern a difference in wheel diameter. The tires are night and day feedback wise though - AR1 is floaty / lack of feeling and it is quick for the first few days then falls off a cliff. RC1 is pretty decent to the cord and has a good amount of feedback. Both are about the same lap time wise.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

I switched tires at the same time, Nankang AR1 to Maxxis RC1 so I wasn't able to discern a difference in wheel diameter. The tires are night and day feedback wise though - AR1 is floaty / lack of feeling and it is quick for the first few days then falls off a cliff. RC1 is pretty decent to the cord and has a good amount of feedback. Both are about the same lap time wise.

Much obliged, I'm considering increasing from 17 to 18 inch wheels just for aesthetics and I curious if it would have any negative or positive impact on performance.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

crutt posted:

My co-worker just got a '22 TRD 4x4 in forest green and it is a very good truck.

My little elephant performed admirably yesterday. Found some neat stuff.

TheFonz posted:

I did something stupid.

The 2 car seats uh. Fit.
Kinda.

this rules. :hf:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

TheFonz posted:

I did something stupid.

The 2 car seats uh. Fit.
Kinda.

Hey red interior 4 series vert with a pair of child seats in the back buddy! :hfive:

I'm probably selling mine soon though, as I live in england and it is becoming annoying to half-crawl into the back to strap kids in whiule it's raining, and the M-sport suspension is very slightly bone-shaking on the recently voted Pothole Capital of the UK's roads.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

A convertible in England seems like an optimistic decision

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Sab669 posted:

A convertible in England seems like an optimistic decision
Says buffalo sports car guy. :v:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Contrary to my flair I sold the Z like 8 years ago, but gently caress paying for a new avatar :v: As posted the other day I've got an AWD wagon now.

And hey I'll have you know I was only ever limited by ground clearance; winter tires made easy work of the snow.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
loving LOL Nevermind.

I was in the middle of an intersection at night turning left, as the light turned red. Didn't see a young guy in a van trying to beat the light. He told me he sped up to make it, but I honestly didn't see him until I was a foot into his lane, so I failed to make sure it was clear.
Back to searching. Just gotta wait for the check. Thankfully I don't owe anything on it so that should be simple. And very appreciative the kids were asleep at home and not out cruising with me.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
I finally got my Subaru back together so I could put it up for sale and just focus on the Miata.

Replaced every hose in the EVAP system and started right back up with no issues like normal. Good little car.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

TheFonz posted:

loving LOL Nevermind.

I was in the middle of an intersection at night turning left, as the light turned red. Didn't see a young guy in a van trying to beat the light. He told me he sped up to make it, but I honestly didn't see him until I was a foot into his lane, so I failed to make sure it was clear.
Back to searching. Just gotta wait for the check. Thankfully I don't owe anything on it so that should be simple. And very appreciative the kids were asleep at home and not out cruising with me.

WTF that was two goddamn days

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

TheFonz posted:

I did something stupid.

The 2 car seats uh. Fit.
Kinda.

TheFonz posted:

loving LOL Nevermind.

2 days, that has to be a record

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

TheFonz posted:

loving LOL Nevermind.

Holy poo poo that sucks. At least you're not in the hospital though.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Right after we moved to England, my mom crashed her new car pulling out of the dealership. Right turns aren’t nearly as safe there. 9 year old me was in the passenger seat and still remembers the crunch.

Poor teal-green K plate Vauxhall Astra CD… I also remember when our visa was up and my parents were trying to sell it, nobody wanted to buy a car like that with a massive 2.0l engine.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I think the issue is I went from 485hp to 425hp. I needed to go up so I could dodge vans.