Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1651327338510966786?t=Osx51J2xemrnlazcwBJ7iA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Blowjob Overtime posted:

"I don't get good cell service in my house"

:hmmyes:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

How many teams are giving how much money to this douchebag

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Love needs weapons

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Love needs weapons

Untrue.

All you need is Love.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Fair

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

All is fair in Love and war.

I’ll see myself out.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/prideofdetroit/status/1649020208562987010?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

This ain’t happening, but still.

But still.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtPcZ043d2M

This has a very funny ending.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Gonz posted:

All is fair in Love and war.

I’ll see myself out.

It's ok man. This is, after all, the Summer of Love.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I wonder who the bears will select in the world-famous "NFL draft"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Brad Biggs expects them to take Jalen Carter if he's still on the board and possibly Skoronski if Carter's gone, so ... that feels pretty realistic to me.

That said, Biggs is a dipshit and the Tribune should have fired him years ago (I will never forget him eternally hating Jay Cutler just because Biggs asked him a dumbass question, so Cutler never spoke to Biggs, only other Tribune people like Haugh), so, really no one knows what's gonna happen.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Biggs showing how dumb he is based on Skoronski. Any level of research would say that PJJ or Wright are the most likely lineman. I honestly feel it is between those two, Jalen Carter, or Lukas Van Ness.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

There's been tons of smoke around the Vikings trading up for a qb so I just want to get it over with so they can end up trading back for more draft capital when none of that happens.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sataere posted:

Biggs showing how dumb he is based on Skoronski.

Biggs blocked me on Twitter because after some article in 2013 or 14, just micro-analyzing everything Cutler did and doing a full-on Janosz Poha "Everything he is doing is bad, I want you to know this," I tweeted at him, "Show me on the doll where Jay touched you."

He's the classic example of a writer who already has a narrative in his head, and then will find a way to write an article around it, drat the numbers.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Even the smarter beat writers (Jahns, specifically) are really in on Skoronski to the Bears despite a length fetish being one of the only things we know about Poles's evaluation process. I don't know if there's legit insider buzz linking the two or if the local guys are actually too dumb to look beyond "O-lineman with a Polish name who went to Northwestern, perfect fit" but it's made me feel crazy over the past few months

Now watch they end up picking him tomorrow

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

xbilkis posted:

Even the smarter beat writers (Jahns, specifically) are really in on Skoronski to the Bears despite a length fetish being one of the only things we know about Poles's evaluation process. I don't know if there's legit insider buzz linking the two or if the local guys are actually too dumb to look beyond "O-lineman with a Polish name who went to Northwestern, perfect fit" but it's made me feel crazy over the past few months

Now watch they end up picking him tomorrow

Chicago has 2nd largest population of polish folks in the world. Warsaw is 1st. Could be good for jersey sales.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

R.D. Mangles posted:

Well, Pete Prisco thinks that somehow Will Anderson Jr will drop to the Bears, which is only the 2nd dumbest thing in his mock draft after Will Levis going #1

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Supposedly Peter has been someone the bears have worked out a ton, like they had their whole coaching staff at northwesterns proday, talking to him from the people there.

He came in for his 30 visit and theu put him through the ringer.

Could just be smokescreen bullshit.

But there is some smoke there at least.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1651303231803228180?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Good to know changing teams hasn't gotten rid of his love of lying.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

There's been tons of smoke around the Vikings trading up for a qb so I just want to get it over with so they can end up trading back for more draft capital when none of that happens.

Kirk's deal is up after this year, ideally that's addressed with something sooner than then (and since their only other QB is Nick Mullens, no it's not been addressed)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

Supposedly Peter has been someone the bears have worked out a ton, like they had their whole coaching staff at northwesterns proday, talking to him from the people there.

He came in for his 30 visit and theu put him through the ringer.

Could just be smokescreen bullshit.

But there is some smoke there at least.

Skoronski doesn't count against the teams 30 because he is in state, if I remember the rules right. So of course you'd have every potential first rounder visit.

I don't mind if they do draft him and honestly won't be surprised. We know Poles is all about length, but we don't really know yet if he'll disregard measurables for guys that really pop on tape. Skoronski could easily be the type of guy you say "gently caress measurables" about if they think he can ball.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MJeff posted:

I mean he did start the conference by saying that the reason he didn’t speak to the packers is he had lovely Cell reception at his house

Boy never stopped

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Same Ol Sorry rear end Bears will take Soronski. He was grown in a lab to be a Chicago prospect.
If they're the new Sorry rear end Bears they'll take a different lineman.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Bears will take Skoronski as part of an attempt to leverage the enormous popularity of Northwestern sports in the Chicago area and the public's hunger to watch offensive linemen into ticket sales.

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

ZombieCrew posted:

Chicago has 2nd largest population of polish folks in the world. Warsaw is 1st. Could be good for jersey sales.

Grew up in Clark's Mills WI which is just outside of Manitowoc - the whole god drat place is Polish - Catholic and my last name ends in -ski.
:smug:

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I had been on the pick a TE in the second train for the Packers but now I am thinking just pick the one you want the most in the first. And really Kincaid is basically a wide receiver anyway. I don’t see much difference between the wide receivers so getting a guy like Hyatt in the second vs JSN in the first is whatever to me. So I guess it doesn’t really matter what order they take the positions, but I would hope for a WR, TE and Edge for their first three picks. Or a safety because that’s where the Packers are awful but the class is pretty dire there so hoping they have identified small school gem to take later.

I really don’t want to go oline. I am fine with rookie tackles and we already have two starters plus a possible future starting tackle with Zach Tom. Pick one next year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MJeff posted:

He did flat out refuse to commit to playing in 2024 prior to that other statement. He’s just speaking out of both sides of his move since it’s a brand new move and everyone’s excited. His poo poo will wear NY media thin and they’ll blast him soon enough

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm at peace knowing whoever the bears pick or whatever trades they work out will completely flop in an instantly and hilariously obvious way.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Amy Pole Her posted:

He did flat out refuse to commit to playing in 2024 prior to that other statement. He’s just speaking out of both sides of his move since it’s a brand new move and everyone’s excited. His poo poo will wear NY media thin and they’ll blast him soon enough

Now make this same post in the AFCE thread lol.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Now make this same post in the AFCE thread lol.

Id hate to interrupt the presentation on Hopkins making a sour face and looking away from the camera when asked about the jets is ACTUALLY good

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Alright, which one of these rookies has a lingering injury that is just waiting to be aggravated week one of on-field drills?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm at peace knowing whoever the bears pick or whatever trades they work out will completely flop in an instantly and hilariously obvious way.

Soronski lifts the jersey up, but his arms are so short he has to straight himself to hold it over his head, they never heal and he never practices a single day.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

JGdmn posted:

Alright, which one of these rookies has a lingering injury that is just waiting to be aggravated week one of on-field drills?

Hooker!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

JGdmn posted:

Dalton Kincaid is recovering from a back injury. JSN missed most of 2022 with hamstring issues.

Hendon Hooker tore his ACL in November.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Chris James 2 posted:

Kirk's deal is up after this year, ideally that's addressed with something sooner than then (and since their only other QB is Nick Mullens, no it's not been addressed)

that Barnwell draft trades article from upthread has the Vikings trading the 49ers Mullens for Trey Lance lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I’m at peace knowing that the Packers’ pick will piss me off.