Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Quiet Feet posted:

Is that just for brand new players? I started up a month and a half ago and didn't get that. Did get some easy quests for a few thousand gold though.

There was a limited time promotion. It’s over now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

The Lord Bude posted:

There was a limited time promotion. It’s over now.

Ah, I didn’t realize that, apologies!!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Mayveena posted:

Ah, I didn’t realize that, apologies!!

Yea you had to log in during a specific period of like a few days or a week or so; and it ended before the launch of the new season.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
presenting Krush'n'Roll OTK Hunter

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Lived the turn 1 jailer, turn 2 malganis-> concede dream in the tavern brawl.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I'm guessing it's 3 Rune Cards are removed from the Discover Pool. Either that or something like "you can no longer discover cards with runes that your deck didn't start with." Which would mean Rainbow DK's time to shine baby!

I hope! I just pulled the rainbow DK legendary spell and need an excuse to use it

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
poo poo of decks that ain't been boring (Casual Wild):

### Porkie Pine
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Serpentbloom
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Castle Kennels
# 2x (2) Doggie Biscuit
# 2x (2) Fireworks Tech
# 2x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (2) Venomizer
# 2x (3) Augmented Porcupine
# 2x (3) Revive Pet
# 2x (4) Dire Frenzy
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (8) Da Undatakah
#
AAEBAa/XAwSggAOLigPl7wPbkQQNgAeczQLi9QLv9QLJ+ALOuAP/ugPq6QPm7gPDgASpnwTXowTS5AQAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

### Legend Even Warlock
# Class: Warlock
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Dirty Rat
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Recombobulator
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (5) Cataclysm
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (4) Pozzik, Audio Engineer
# 2x (4) Seadevil Stinger
# 2x (4) Soul Rend
# 2x (4) Spice Bread Baker
# 1x (6) Anetheron
# 1x (6) Battleground Battlemaster
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 1x (6) Symphony of Sins
# 1x (8) Gigafin
# 2x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
# 2x (12) Mountain Giant
# 2x (20) Molten Giant
#
AAEBAcn1AgjN9ALH+QOH+wP1xwTipAX9xAX5xgX0yAUL4QfcCpwQ870C38QC58sC184D2O0DwPkDxvkD56AEAAED+g79xAXO6QL9xAWm7wP9xAUAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

### Even Priest
# Class: Priest
#
# 2x (0) Circle of Healing
# 2x (2) Bless
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Crooked Cook
# 2x (2) Dreamboat
# 2x (2) Holy Champion
# 2x (2) Injured Tol'vir
# 2x (2) Luminous Geode
# 2x (2) Mana Geode
# 2x (2) Power Word: Feast
# 2x (4) Cannibalize
# 1x (1) Fan Club
# 1x (2) Confuse
# 1x (3) Heartthrob
# 1x (4) Heartbreaker Hedanis
# 2x (4) Lightsteed
# 1x (4) Najak Hexxen
# 1x (4) Xyrella
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 1x (6) Sister Svalna
#
AAEBAZ/HAgbN9ALU7QOLowTvkQX9xAXMxgUM0gr7E7TRA/rjA5HkA4ajBImjBN3tBJikBeCkBcjGBcj6BQABA4QU/cQFx8cF/cQF+/gF/cQFAAA=
#

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My hope for the DK rework is that you can only discover runed cards from cards with the same rune restrictions.

So hematurge can discover 1 or 2 blood rune cards, frost strike can discover 1 or 2 frost rune cards, and neutral discovers can only discover icy touch and runeforging

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

My hope is that tony is still a viable deck without DKs to farm because that poo poo is way more fun than DKs

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm starting to dislike playing against rogues just because every turn takes forever.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Desert Bus posted:

poo poo of decks that ain't been boring (Casual Wild):

### Legend Even Warlock
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Dirty Rat
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Recombobulator
# 1x (5) Cataclysm
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 2x (4) Soul Rend
# 1x (6) Anetheron
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 1x (8) Gigafin
# 2x (12) Mountain Giant
# 2x (20) Molten Giant
#
AAEBAcn1AgjN9ALH+QOH+wP1xwTipAX9xAX5xgX0yAUL4QfcCpwQ870C38QC58sC184D2O0DwPkDxvkD56AEAAED+g79xAXO6QL9xAWm7wP9xAUAAA==
#

Mutanus disagrees

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I was playing a home-brew Murloc Shaman with Pack the House in Bronze-level Wild just to knock out some quests and barely scraped a win against some weird janky deck (played two Acolyte of Pain on T6, just before I won), and they added me, said:
"Meta slave + insane rng"
"Keep high rolling"
And then un-added me. Some people must just absolutely hate playing this game.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

uh did the game break or just specifically the game i was in

edIt: apparently just the game i was in

edit 2: oh wow it counted as a win for me somehow. i guess my opponent gave up first while i kept trying to get in??????

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 27, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Color Printer posted:

uh did the game break or just specifically the game i was in

edIt: apparently just the game i was in

edit 2: oh wow it counted as a win for me somehow. i guess my opponent gave up first while i kept trying to get in??????

Had the same thing I assume. Just got booted out of nowhere and couldn't reconnect for like 5 minutes.

Naturally it was the one game of the last, oh, five, that seemed to be tilting in my favor! :shepface:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
yea i had my hs hiccup as well, cost me a game (or two). very tilting.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Just beat a blood DK as face hunter because they played dirty rat on 2 and hit my Mukla.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

How long till the patch?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Mutanus disagrees

You can hide a LOT of neat stuff behind E.T.C., Band Manager :)

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

The Lord Bude posted:

How long till the patch?

usually about three hours and fifteen minutes from this post

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

### EveWar 1.2
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Dirty Rat
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Recombobulator
# 1x (5) Cataclysm
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 2x (4) Hysteria
# 1x (6) Anetheron
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 1x (8) Gigafin
# 2x (12) Mountain Giant
# 2x (20) Molten Giant
#
AAEBAcn1AgjN9ALH+QOH+wP1xwTipAX9xAX5xgX0yAUL4QfcCpwQ870C38QC58sC184D+OMDwPkDxvkD56AEAAED+g79xAXO6QL9xAWm7wP9xAUAAA==
#

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

patch notes are live https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23935323/26-0-4-patch-notes

DK rule nerf: triple-rune cards of any combination (all the same, different like climactic necrotic explosion, etc) can no longer be discovered or generated

three card nerfs: overseer frigidara from 5 attack to 3, rowdy fan from +4 attack to +3, twig of the world tree got the expected nerf to "refresh your mana crystals"

wide variety of buffs. lots for warrior, including verse riff/bridge riff/voone/power slider, and thori'belore can now be revived infinitely

spitelash siren made cheaper, a 4 mana 2/5, so I expect that will make a resurgence

peer
Jan 17, 2004

World War Mammories posted:

wide variety of buffs. lots for warrior, including verse riff/bridge riff/voone/power slider, and thori'belore can now be revived infinitely

:yeshaha:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Haha gently caress Twig and yay Stranglethorn buff

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Very happy for thori'belore

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Nothing too surprising there.

For the record, the full list of cards removed from the discover/generation pool is:

Plagued Grain
Grave Strength
Lord Marrowgar
Lady Deathwhisper
Marrow Manipulator
Frostwyrm’s Fury
Vampiric Blood
Alexander Mograine
Soulstealer

…In addition to Climatic Necrotic Explosion, which was already ineligible. We’ll see how this goes, but at least DK is slightly less annoying, even if it isn’t that much weaker.

As for the buffs… Eh, seems fine? Nothing there really makes me want to jump out of my chair and start playing, but they couldn’t hurt. Spitelash sucks, though; it’s a miserable play experience even when the deck is bad or easily answerable.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
That's exactly why I like the DK change - they made it less annoying without completely gutting it. I wonder if Reddit won't flip poo poo over discovering cards like Patchwerk/Scourge slightly more often, but it's neat that there's a more concrete way to say certain cards can't be discovered and gives them opportunities to change runes and do this again if they need to.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I feel like Control priest should have holy nova now.

edit: I wonder if Tony Druid can fit Death Blossom Whomper somewhere. What to cut though.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 27, 2023

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

school teacher can still discover vampiric blood to teach to the nagaling, for the record e: wait the patch isn't live yet, my rowdy fan still says +4

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I wonder if Naga Mage will be popular. It's fun to play, but I don't see it being strong. No Flurry, no First Flame, awkward finishers compared to last year. I guess you play Frozen Touch now?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

frozen touch and Arcane Bolts

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

World War Mammories posted:

patch notes are live https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23935323/26-0-4-patch-notes

DK rule nerf: triple-rune cards of any combination (all the same, different like climactic necrotic explosion, etc) can no longer be discovered or generated

three card nerfs: overseer frigidara from 5 attack to 3, rowdy fan from +4 attack to +3, twig of the world tree got the expected nerf to "refresh your mana crystals"

spitelash siren made cheaper, a 4 mana 2/5, so I expect that will make a resurgence

naga mage back is a big yikes... that feels like a real bad mistake they're gonna regret. maybe they can bring back some more classics next patch :smith:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Spitelash siren is going to be nerfed again within two weeks, no one wants the game to end on turn 4

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Spitelash seems like an obvious candidate for the “oops, overshot” Edwin/Harpoon Gun treatment a 2-4 weeks down the line.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Was Naga Mage ever really a power outlier? It could have big turns for sure, but if you answered their board they mostly folded.

They can do a little mana cheat by setting up mech discounts on amalgams, but that seems a lot weaker than flurry. Either way, excited for the new meta.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

The Lord Bude posted:

I feel like Control priest should have holy nova now.

edit: I wonder if Tony Druid can fit Death Blossom Whomper somewhere. What to cut though.

Control priest needed a 3 damage AOE to fend off aggro.

The nova change feels like it was an afterthought, where they had the patch done, then someone blurted out what about control priest, so they threw in a pointless change to whatever card came to mind first to make sure Priest showed up on the list of buffs.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Naga fun to play :saddowns:

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
For sure, people definitely like it. I had a minute so I looked at the VS report from right before the spitelash nerf; it was T3 in a meta with no T2 decks.

Here's hoping the walloper buff makes Mill Druid real.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

tried revamp enrage warrior

somebody must be streaming it because I faced four consecutive Warrior mirrors

welp gently caress this game today

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

fanny packrat posted:

For sure, people definitely like it. I had a minute so I looked at the VS report from right before the spitelash nerf; it was T3 in a meta with no T2 decks.

That’s largely because it folded to Control Warrior, the most powerful deck in the format. Decks with double Brawl and double Shield Shatter had no problem with it. Other decks weren’t quite so fortunate. (Notably, it got nerfed in the same patch that basically dismantled Control Warrior.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

7-1 with Blackrock & Riff Lor'themar warrior :haw:

### nothing beats rock
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Last Stand
# 2x (1) Shield Slam
# 2x (1) Verse Riff
# 2x (2) Bash
# 2x (2) Shield Block
# 2x (3) Chorus Riff
# 1x (3) Rock Master Voone
# 2x (4) Igneous Lavagorger
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 1x (5) Blackrock 'n' Roll
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 2x (5) Bridge Riff
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Decimator Olgra
# 2x (6) Fleshshaper
# 1x (7) Lor'themar Theron
# 1x (7) Remornia, Living Blade
# 2x (9) Trenchstalker
#
AAECAZ+rBAaB3ASI3wTvogW2xAWo4AXY9gUMiKAEiaAEsMcE784EjtQEkNQExJIFo6UF6tAF69AF7NAFxp4GAAA=
#