Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fgo grinds were at least less annoying/quicker, the experience of going through the dungeon over and over gets old after the 5th time or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
At least once you get full bonus (hit 2200) it's only another 22 or 24 or 27 or 34 runs depending on if you had zero gacha luck or all the gacha luck / boxes for pity.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Endorph posted:

fgo grinds were at least less annoying/quicker, the experience of going through the dungeon over and over gets old after the 5th time or so

This is my problem more than anything.

When you grind meat in GBF for their big grind event, you push like two buttons or even no buttons if you have certain farming set-ups, hit go, refresh and you're done in like 10 seconds tops, and for the harder fights you can slap the auto button and leave it on in the background while you do something else. It's super grindy but you don't have to actively give it constant attention.

Meanwhile the hard dungeon in this event takes at least 5+ minutes for no other reason than the all the fights you have to do before you reach the final boss and as far as I am aware you can't *skip* the battle animation, so you are doing that every fight. And then you have to keep prodding it even if all you are doing is hitting the auto Win Rate button and waiting for the fights to end, so it ends up sort of making the experience take a lot longer than it should.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Lt. Lizard posted:

Huh, y'all are really comparing FGO favorably to this? I don't really mind the grind here to the point I am still kinda enjoying running the dungeons and I thought that the main reason for that was that I was used to various FGO grinds that were almost uniformly worse.

A few points, just to be clear.
1) I'm mostly comparing Limbus to FGO because FGO's the only other gacha with this format I've seriously played.
2) I'm also the kind of person who buys out the half of the shop I care about and then just stops seriously doing anything with the event, I'm not a completionist for this kind of thing.
3) The point where I get tired of the grind in any FGO event is when the game goes "now just run this node twenty times". The difference between good event grinds and bad event grinds is bad grinds have that point before I get everything I care about and good grinds have it at the end when you're just mopping up the shop.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Huh, y'all are really comparing FGO favorably to this? I don't really mind the grind here to the point I am still kinda enjoying running the dungeons and I thought that the main reason for that was that I was used to various FGO grinds that were almost uniformly worse.
I was just using FGO as an example of simple event design standards. It's definitely not the gold standard of gacha gameplay by a longshot, hell I dropped the game entirely two years ago, but there's something to be learned from how it spices things up. The easiest way to improve things in this event would be, as I said before, with a simple mission list encouraging you to run different teams in the grind dungeon rather than doing the same thing over and over again.

My ideal, of course, would be dungeons that play more like Arknights' Integrated Strategies roguelike mode, which is almost certainly one of the inspirations for Mirror Dungeon design. I could grind that poo poo for days at a time - which I will most assuredly be doing once IS#3 comes out sometime in the next month.

Canine Conspiracy
Dec 16, 2011

Knocked out Bocchi the Rock while grinding the event dungeon. It was pretty good. Might try G-Witch next, seems like people like it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

FGO is an apt comparison, because for whatever bells and whistles it uses in the end events turn up into "farm this battle 50 times", but the big difference is it takes 2 min per battle instead of 25. Also they didn't ban macros so I can just use the automata app to skip that part and enjoy the plot and bosses (also there's some fun in planning the battle so you can set up the script to be as RNG proof as possible)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

As someone who did the grind without any of the gacha stuff(I was home yesterday and had it running in the background) I agree with the largest point that the absurd grind style does not mesh at all with LC's more involved gameplay loop. Yeah you can hit win rate and idle between turns but even then it still wants your attention pretty frequently and you can't really autopilot the boss because that chicken's coins have insane burst numbers and you need to adapt to someone getting completely smoked because they hit tails and got bonked 4 times.

The obvious answers without compromising gameplay would be either lessen the grind or don't put an entire fuckin dungeon floor beforehand.

GilliamYaeger posted:

My ideal, of course, would be dungeons that play more like Arknights' Integrated Strategies roguelike mode, which is almost certainly one of the inspirations for Mirror Dungeon design. I could grind that poo poo for days at a time - which I will most assuredly be doing once IS#3 comes out sometime in the next month.

Also yeah improving the mirror dungeon gameplay in general would be aces. All this seems like PM kinda just copying what the big kid gachas do without really understanding how any of it works, and I mean it wouldn't be a Project Moon project if they didn't bumble around loving up everything before ending up with something really good, so I'm willing to cut them some slack on this as long as they keep improving.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Even if they didn't change anything else, just making an objective list or having dailies for it that could cut off 15-20 runs over the course of the event would be a huge bump in QoL.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Also adding supports to the dungeon so people without the gacha ID/EGO can still borrow from those who have it and cut the grind down immensely.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Make challenges to kill Papa Bongy with Lifetime Stew, Ryoshu's S3, only female sinners, Chef Gregor solo

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TeeQueue posted:

Also adding supports to the dungeon so people without the gacha ID/EGO can still borrow from those who have it and cut the grind down immensely.

They said this was in the works for the next event dungeon IIRC, just some technical challenges or whatever means it's not in yet.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Make challenges to kill Papa Bongy with Lifetime Stew, Ryoshu's S3, only female sinners, Chef Gregor solo

Speaking of lifetime stew, has anyone managed to get any huge numbers out of Don's gimmicky overload stew?
Doing bonus damage based on your lust resources stocked + in resonance sounds funny but I haven't used it with more than like 5-6 in the bank so far and it only hit for ~50.

I dunno about meta but it would be really funny to stock up a million lust points with Sundial Sinclair in the railway and then hose stuff down with the Stew Cannon. Too bad there's not a single sinclair ID with lust yet... maybe N Corp Sinclair will fit this gimmick.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

caveat for following: only been doing the spicy chicken dungeon with the one loadout, so cant attest to how well base identities/ego could do this

so, spicy chicken boss is faster if you ignore its whole minion mechanic
the lil chickens aren't that threatening, so you can just... Ignore them.
Two good clashes to keep the boss from hurting anyone, and just wallop on the body most every round.
sometimes watch as boss gets four chicken fling attacks (two you can't(?) clash with but still can hit you) for some reason, throw in some Ego attacks (Faust's sanity gen helps ignore the chickens) if you have the resources/Ego, and chicken crumples.
repeat until boss goes down
not quite autobattle, but this saves some bother with the spicy chicken

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 26, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Arcanuse posted:

caveat for following: only been doing the spicy chicken dungeon with the one loadout, so cant attest to how well base identities/ego could do this

so, spicy chicken boss is faster if you ignore its whole minion mechanic
the lil chickens aren't that threatening, so you can just... Ignore them.
Two good clashes to keep the boss from hurting anyone, and just wallop on the body most every round.
sometimes watch as boss gets four chicken fling attacks (two you can't(?) clash with but still can hit you) for some reason, throw in some Ego attacks (Faust's sanity gen helps ignore the chickens) if you have the resources/Ego, and chicken crumples.
repeat until boss goes down
not quite autobattle, but this saves some bother with the spicy chicken

I really don't see this, killing chickens will debuff the boss to take more damage and if they gang up on someone they can stagger, specially if you bring bash weak identities like R Heath.

EDIT: Also chickens will drain sanity and bring you back to prepatch. I admit I bring full bonus and no Blade Sinclair so I can't afford stuff like EGO spam teams.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 26, 2023

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, my general strategy has been to try to kill 2 chickens and break the chicken bucket on like turn 1. Stuff like Shi Don's Dual Strike, Chef Ryoshu's I.C., or Base Sinclair's Halberd Combo/Ravaging Cut can kill a chicken immediately, and if I get lucky with a Quick Suppression I can take the bucket out immediately. From there it's mostly smooth sailing, like he can still bust out some crazy attacks but with less chickens on the board and no ability to summon more it's a lot easier.

If you don't have enough damage to take the boss out immediately, ignoring the chickens is -15 SP per turn, which is...not ideal.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

From taking a few attempts at it:
-noticed that Papa Bongy's body recovers the round after its broken, so that was annoying
-full kit blitzed the boss in three rounds and only broke out ego for chicken cleanup on the fourth. So ideally 4~5 rounds to beat the boss stage, gear permitting.

-Bare minimum consistently autobattled to boss just fine, but attempts without the Lighter/Coffee really hurt for keeping up Emitter+any ego to clash w/the Boss chicken.
--lone 'Successful' run ignored the basket where possible (only clashed with it, no unopposed), but did have to deviate for the smaller chickens a few times.
--390HP by round 5, 133 by 8, and boss down by 9. #9 itself spent cleaning up the fodder.
--So the minimum can't really go full blitz on the boss. Not unsurprising. Eyeballing it, 8~10 rounds for basic crew to do the job at all, with multiple non-boss targets prior to boss death.

-Not sure what an average kit for this would look like given the gacha, but guessing it would be somewhere in the lower-middle, about 5~7 with few attacks spent off the boss.

so for whether boss bashing directly saves time, it's looking more inconclusive than I first thought
guess give it a go if you think your team can handle it, with a minimum of non-boss clashes where it can be helped?

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 26, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The main issue with killing his dudes right away and breaking his basket is that it maximizes his BPS(bonks per second) which means if you don't have the clash power next turn he's going to choo choo all over you

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
My strategy has just been to cull the mooks first while clashing with what he has before breaking the basket for the Fragile and then rushing him down

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Junpei posted:

My strategy has just been to cull the mooks first while clashing with what he has before breaking the basket for the Fragile and then rushing him down

Pretty much.

Anyway, I finished, so I get to chill for the next few days :toot:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

yeah uh there's also the problem of if you leave his chickens alive you're getting nuked for 15 sanity across the board plus 9 distributed from the chickens which is going to destroy your coin flips and start corroding everyone fast.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm still on route to finish, but only need to do like 2 a day. Maybe a few extra on the weekend and done.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

I think our new Sinclair ID might be this bit we saw in Kromer's... delusion? vision of an alternate future?

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Little Sinclair does look badass when he's insane.

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Junpei posted:

I think our new Sinclair ID might be this bit we saw in Kromer's... delusion? vision of an alternate future?

According to Faust’s n-corp uptie story, she saw sinclair in the glass window, which was the thing Gubo + co were working on in the n-corp lab in Leviathan. So it’s likely that Kromer also looked through the window, and that’s where she saw this

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Honestly given the Yi Sang focus + Gubo + Leviathan + what we know so far I wouldn't be surprised if Chapter 4 elaborates a lot more on Identities and the mirror and all that jazz.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Junpei posted:

Every 2-person new banner has had one male character and one female. Meursault/Rodion, then Faust/Heathcliff, then Outis/Hong Lu, then Ryoshu/Sinclair (tho Sinclair was EGO then.)

Sinclair's confirmed, so the second is probably one of the girls. Rodion and Faust are out because they're already N Corp, and I think Ryoshu and Outis are too recent.

So, really, for me it's a run-off between Don and Ishmael.

Don has had two EGOs, while Yi Sang hasn't had anything new at all. My pet theory is that, since we've got a whole 5-man team set up with N Corp, we're going to get a Tieqiu ID for Ishmael, Yi Sang, or maybe even Quixote as the 00-we have Tingtang and Los Mariachis as IDs, but not the swearing box one. It would fit with Ishy's snark and Yi Sang's poetry, too.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
You know, I'd like to say something I should've said around 27 days ago:

With the April Fools special we now know who is Limbus Company's Poster Girl.

It will haunt us for the rest of our days.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
we love old men in this house

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

You know, I'd like to say something I should've said around 27 days ago:

With the April Fools special we now know who is Limbus Company's Poster Girl.

It will haunt us for the rest of our days.

If you’re a coward and a fool, sure. I always knew Vergil was best girl.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

This is best girl Gregor erasure and I won't stand for it.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
old man appreciation and respect post

https://twitter.com/REMSRAR/status/1639290446085242880?s=20

https://twitter.com/grmms_otk/status/1632439385198301184?s=20

https://twitter.com/c0neghost/status/1641986971156480002?s=20

https://twitter.com/MU5742D/status/1642004839726206976?s=20

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
it's good to know that so far, every version of Gregor has had his arm be prosthetic or screwed up in some way (base is bug, as is G Corp, Liu and Chef are prosthetic)

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

It's confirmed that the next ID drop is the last because the Season ends and boxes/shards get converted, right? Or is it the penultimate?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KazigluBey posted:

It's confirmed that the next ID drop is the last because the Season ends and boxes/shards get converted, right? Or is it the penultimate?

I don't think it's absolutely 100% confirmed until we see the expiry date of the extraction but it is extremely likely

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Junpei posted:

it's good to know that so far, every version of Gregor has had his arm be prosthetic or screwed up in some way (base is bug, as is G Corp, Liu and Chef are prosthetic)

Notably, I think it implies in his Liu Identity that the prosthetic is because they helped him remove the bug arm.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Notably, I think it implies in his Liu Identity that the prosthetic is because they helped him remove the bug arm.

Personally, I think it's more notable that the line Sous Chef Gregor gives you when you leave him idle on the main screen too long implies that he didn't lose his arm because it's a bug monster, he just lost it because it's good meat and he works in the cannibalism industry. That would mean that really foundational backstory elements can diverge between IDs as long as the end point is similar enough, and that raises some interesting questions.

(Of course, that's also the version of Gregor that's the most likely to lie about his background just to be offputting, but still.)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Ryoshu consistently has her base LCB Sinner katana weapon in her IDs, even when she uses something else as her primary weapon.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

KazigluBey posted:

When they updated the roadmap to account for Chapter 4's delay they didn't insert a second banner in before the next season or anything. It's pretty certain that Sinclair's going to be the final Season One banner.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

Ryoshu consistently has her base LCB Sinner katana weapon in her IDs, even when she uses something else as her primary weapon.

It's actually pretty rare she uses it to fight at all, even in her base form she seems to keep it sheathed and just whacks people with it like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
But her base ID is mono-slash, so clearly she's cutting with it. Most of her animations just imply incredibly fast draw-and-sheathes.