Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

harperdc posted:

Offhand I think ‘tippling’ (drinking) is now either banned or limited for darts, and I think pro bowling might have rules about it as well

In darts they are not allowed to drink on stage but afaik there's nothing stopping them from drinking before a match or during an intermission. I went to the US darts masters tournament (which is, to be fair, really just an exhibition match) in MSG last year and ran into one of the pros in the duane reade across the street buying a 12 pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I am on Hawaii time now that I'm back home so I can't sleep. The cats are definitely happy to see me and I did miss my bed though.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

a sexual elk posted:

Starting We Own This City now since I finished The Wire lastnight

Haha Marlo and Poot

Lmao I did this exact same thing. And We Own This City starts a little slow imo but holy poo poo it's so good.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Fifteen years or so back some British medical or medical-adjacent group did an experiment with some top drivers, including a couple F1 guys I believe, where they'd have the drivers do a lap of a race circuit, then drink a pint after each lap and see how it affected them. Turned out professional drivers actually get faster for the first 4 or so pints before the alcohol starts to impede their skills rather than just give confidence and risk-taking boosts.

https://youtu.be/Qv8pZX7FaT0

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Took my parents out for my mum's birthday tonight. We went to dinner at a way too expensive italian restaurant and then to an 80s themed show that wasn't quite a variety show, but not quite a play either. I don't really know how to describe it but it was 2 hours of 80s music and bad comedy. I hated every loving second of it but my mum had a great time and loved every second and it was nice to do something for them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jerry Springer died.

:rip: to...something or other. That's one way to live a life. Started off with some principles of some sort and it's like at some point his brain just went full 'be on TV no matter what, and boy did I find a way to do that!' And whew did he make that happen.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Guess he now ascends to heaven as the Patron Saint of Trash TV

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I was on an episode of Springer years ago, never got to see the episode though (it was pay per view).

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

love how he bucked the trend of talk shows going nice by doubling down in the other direction

90's talk shows were something else

Nov 6, 2002

dirty shrimp money posted:

Guess he now ascends to heaven as the Patron Saint of Trash TV

Eh, in retrospect it was pretty harmless fun.

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/tomposting_/status/1651600529800196097

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPWqo6srmpI

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I visited the Spy museum in DC, and the big takeaway from it is an ironclad conviction that the Pisstape is real.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

When we visited the spy museum the fire alarm went off, and we spent a while trying to figure out if that was "part of it"

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Abugadu posted:

I visited the Spy museum in DC, and the big takeaway from it is an ironclad conviction that the Pisstape is real.

Is it any better? The one time I went each room had like 4 items in it and enough text about it to fill a small novel. I went to live out my James Bond fantasies, not too read

e: oh yeah, I also went for free as part of a promo with the Post, and they had a game where you had to find a certain guy who was wandering around the museum. We found him and he was just like “yeah you got me good job”, no high speed pursuit through the streets of DC or anything. They also stiffed us on the gelato they promised us for winning. Absolutely no immersion, 2/10 would not recommend.

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 27, 2023

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Freaquency posted:

Is it any better? The one time I went each room had like 4 items in it and enough text about it to fill a small novel. I went to live out my James Bond fantasies, not too read

Ha, I have the opposite reaction. Let me know exactly how this shoe has been used or was imagined to be used to create international chaos. I'll stand there for an hour reading about it.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 27, 2023

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

The main takeaway I got from it is now I notice whenever someone has a book sitting in the back window of their car

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Ha, I have the opposite reaction. Let me know exactly how this shoe has been used or was imagined to be used to create international chaos. I'll stand there for an hour reading about it.

I don’t actually mind a wordy museum but the spy museum definitely felt like all sizzle no steak. They did have an enigma machine which was pretty cool.

The whole thing was billed as more interactive than it really is which is what disappointed me. I’d probably go back again.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Armored Core 6 gameplay trailer with a release date dropped:

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/1651588884944519175

Can't say I'm as excited for this as I was for Elden Ring, but still looking forward to it

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Freaquency posted:

e: oh yeah, I also went for free as part of a promo with the Post, and they had a game where you had to find a certain guy who was wandering around the museum. We found him and he was just like “yeah you got me good job”, no high speed pursuit through the streets of DC or anything. They also stiffed us on the gelato they promised us for winning. Absolutely no immersion, 2/10 would not recommend.

depending on when you went, it may well be better because they moved to a new building at L'Enfant Plaza just before the pandemic hit.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Yeah it seemed pretty good, lots of exhibits and only a mild amount of jingoism.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

depending on when you went, it may well be better because they moved to a new building at L'Enfant Plaza just before the pandemic hit.

Yeah it was like a decade ago so I should probably give it another shot

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

This looks to be a good year for Gaming

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Cash Monet posted:

I assume this is in reference to the Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe being 50% off on Switch right now

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Final Fantasy 16 is like in two months :aaa:

shirts and skins posted:

Oh cool I have a DC trip in the back of my mind for years and that was a place I wished was better from stories I'd been told.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinji2015 posted:

Armored Core 6 gameplay trailer with a release date dropped:

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/1651588884944519175

Can't say I'm as excited for this as I was for Elden Ring, but still looking forward to it

Yep, same. I need some good robot smashing fun.

Cash Monet posted:

Seriously. I’ve gotten (Or am planning to get) more games this year than I think I did the last two or three combined.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/ninaturner/status/1651626876316655634

sometimes I hope hell is real

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Last year when I was in DC I did the Spy Museum, and I’d say it’s worth checking out as a not-so-serious museum compared to the Smithsonian’s. Having a couple beers with lunch and then going to the Spy Museum seems like the best way to do it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Cash Monet posted:

Its Rinaldo posted:

Final Fantasy 16 is like in two months :aaa:

Yeah, just off the top of my head, we already had RE4R, we have Zelda next month, SF6, FF16, and AC6 this summer, FF7 Rebirth, Silksong and Hades 2 sometime later this year, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else major.

Yeah, I agree. Should be a good year

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I often have to remember that most people don’t realize how recent Jim Crow and segregation was. My dad went to a segregated primary school in N Georgia ffs

Feels like ancient history.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, just off the top of my head, we already had RE4R, we have Zelda next month, SF6, FF16, and AC6 this summer, FF7 Rebirth, Silksong and Hades 2 sometime later this year, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else major.

Advance Wars Re-Boot finally came out last week and has been a ton of fun. I think Jedi: Survivor comes out tomorrow and should be really good. I'm interested in Starfield which I think is in September like a week after AC6.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Grittybeard posted:

Jerry Springer died.

:rip: to...something or other. That's one way to live a life. Started off with some principles of some sort and it's like at some point his brain just went full 'be on TV no matter what, and boy did I find a way to do that!' And whew did he make that happen.

Hey, I feel like if you end up being called out/named in a Weird Al song, you must have hit it big.

Shinji2015 posted:

I'm excited for Zelda, but also D4 coming out in two months, plus FF7 Rebirth.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Advance Wars Re-Boot finally came out last week and has been a ton of fun. I think Jedi: Survivor comes out tomorrow and should be really good. I'm interested in Starfield which I think is in September like a week after AC6.

Totally forgot about Survivor despite all the ads I keep seeing for it on Youtube and Twitch, lol. I finally played Fallen Order at the end of last year, and while I had fun with it, it definitely had a lot of jank that I hope Survivor smooths out

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I often have to remember that most people don’t realize how recent Jim Crow and segregation was. My dad went to a segregated primary school in N Georgia ffs

Feels like ancient history.
Yeah, I had this thought while watching something about Rosa Parks a while ago- my grandma was like 30 when the Civil Rights Act was passed. We have a long way to go but the long way we've already come is very recent.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Fifty Three posted:

We have a long way to go but the long way we've already come is very recent.

It’s a stark reminder too that all the undead racist shitbags in congress who are trying to take us back have working adult knowledge of a worse world they’re trying to bring back.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

SourKraut posted:

Hey, I feel like if you end up being called out/named in a Weird Al song, you must have hit it big.

I'm excited for Zelda, but also D4 coming out in two months, plus FF7 Rebirth.

A Weird Al song taught me who Lorena Bobbitt is, so yes, this tracks

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Cash Monet posted:

And yet my library will only show 3 games, all old, with more than 10 hours of game play (rocket league, rimworld, crusaders kings 3)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It's been forever since I've been to the Spy Museum. I'll try to check it out when I visit my sister next time I'm over in the DC area.

I did enjoy the Newseum. :rip: to that place.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shinji2015 posted:

Totally forgot about Survivor despite all the ads I keep seeing for it on Youtube and Twitch, lol. I finally played Fallen Order at the end of last year, and while I had fun with it, it definitely had a lot of jank that I hope Survivor smooths out

I wanted to like Fallen Order, but there were so goddamn many jumping puzzles and bullshit fights against fauna. And the lightsaber felt like it did in Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight -- like a neon baseball bat.

The lack of fast travel was brutal, too, considering how arcane the maps were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Timby posted:

I wanted to like Fallen Order, but there were so goddamn many jumping puzzles and bullshit fights against fauna. And the lightsaber felt like it did in Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight -- like a neon baseball bat.

The lack of fast travel was brutal, too, considering how arcane the maps were.

Yeah, lack of fast travel was easily the worst part of FO.

Big issue for me was enemy variety, especially when you're copying Sekiro; too many Stormtroopers, and not enough enemy encounters that made me want to engage with the combat system. Most humanoid enemies were incredibly easy to bully