Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

Laserface posted:

Weed is illegal here so we dont really have access to vape carts but lol butterly knives are an instant go-to-jail here so yeah what

Knife laws have always been utterly loving stupid considering they never outlawed swords, machetes, Bowie knives, or any other blades that are both quicker to ready and more lethal. And the "it's about concealment!" argument really doesn't hold up when most people can conceal your average stiletto knife just fine without needing it to fold.

Not to mention, these laws are often still in place even in states that hand out conceal carry licenses, which is just seven different ways of backasswards.

I can understand why they ban brass knuckles and cane guns and all sorts of poo poo like that, but knife laws really don't make a lot of sense anymore. Historically they were used to single out for prosecution the postwar Italian immigrants who often used switchblades and butterfly knives in the early days of the American mob -- free charge to slap on someone if they're caught with one -- but they really shouldn't be on the books anymore.

Archonet fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

We don't have guns either :australia: and the knife laws are mostly to catch/charge dumb/poor kids being dickheads. My dad Carrie's a Swiss Army knife because he's a dad and a tradesman who will never not have a knife/tool handy.

Fun fact. It's also illegal to buy spray paint under 18 in Australia. And to sell it to them!

But I can walk to the shops and be confident that I am not going to die (or get spray painted)

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

the miscreant's weapon of choice in Australia is a shopping trolley handle anyway.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
glad they rolled back all knife laws where I live cause I got a sick switchblade the other day, wanted something smaller than my microtech (which is also legal here):
https://i.imgur.com/iF30m6c.mp4
anyway: WEED

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

LifeSunDeath posted:

glad they rolled back all knife laws where I live cause I got a sick switchblade the other day, wanted something smaller than my microtech (which is also legal here):
https://i.imgur.com/iF30m6c.mp4
anyway: WEED

retort: WEEDn't a sec, what kinda switchblade is that, looks dope -- I'm fortunate enough to live in one of the enlightened states that have overturned their knife laws.

That out of the way: picked up the "wand-erwall bundle" from dynavap on 4/20 sales (the Omni, the ispire wand, the flower mill grinder, and the stash box), and the Omni is remarkably efficient at sending you to space I gotta say, though if you're one of those types who doesn't want to have to re-load during a session it's definitely not for you. Fortunately I'm coming at this from the point of someone who has cartridges and a nice battery for them, so I can fiddle with it when I want to and when I just want the convenience factor, I can use the carts.

the flower mill grinder is nice, it works pretty well, and not having any sharp teeth and being made of stainless steel I don't see chipping ever being an issue.

also while I'm not using it, the fuggin' torch zippo knockoff they sent with the Omni is a really neat little lighter, I know it's just some cheap tat throw-in but I just really like it for some reason.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
In the US I'm glad we still have switchblade laws many places or there would be a greaser rumble downtown every other day

Got a dynavap B with an FMJ to sorta play around with and it's great for using small amounts due to the little bowl on it but the Mighty with dosing caps is still easier to use and more consistent

They're both convenient enough that I still haven't finished off the cart that's been sitting around for a year now though

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Archonet posted:

retort: WEEDn't a sec, what kinda switchblade is that, looks dope -- I'm fortunate enough to live in one of the enlightened states that have overturned their knife laws.

https://kershaw.kaiusa.com/launch-11tm.html
the other one is this:
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Microtech-Ultratech-SE-OTF--50348

they're both tactical amazon box openers for me.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
you can use pocket knives for more things than opening boxes?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Macichne Leainig posted:

you can use pocket knives for more things than opening boxes?

not really that I've found.

used to use them to cut open a swisher, but haven't needed to do that in a long time.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
similarly, my EDC flashlight is mostly used for identifying which cat is being a hellion at 11 at night

(it has a 1 lumen mode, I'm not blinding my cat, don't worry)

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I didn't expect the weed thread to be the place that I got reminded that I want to buy a new butterfly knife, but here we are :catstare:

anyway I'm at my parents in NYS where weed is now actually legal for them to grow so I showed up with 1xCBD and 3xTHC plants which are already a month old, topped, and ready to go in the fuckin ground and I think my mom might just end up with like 3lbs of weed this year and if so I will both laugh my rear end off, and probably take like a HP of it to bulk up my own supply b/c my parents use like a HP a year, ha.

I will post some pics later, these plants are teh cute

LifeSunDeath posted:

not really that I've found.

I use 'em for cutting maple lines, cutting thin sheet metal, cutting insulation, and sawing through small branches. But I also spend a lot on gerber and other fancy knives and one of my knives has interchangeable blades for doing saw stuff.

I have a poo poo load of knives for different purposes, mostly woods and weed poo poo related. I have zero knives that are designed with "weapon against humans" in mind, though, the world is dark enough already, and I mean, we have explosives and machineguns for that poo poo anyway

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 27, 2023

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
post your EDC (no don't)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Every Day Cannabis

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

mini swiss army knives are prefect for the stoner gentleman :tipshat:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

LifeSunDeath posted:

Every Day Cannabis

every day I'm hustlin' (downstairs to the weed)

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I just emptied my grinder's kief catch which was completely full. What's your favorite thing to do with your kief?

I am not going to boof it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
What is kief?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
press it into a sounding rod

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

butt dickus posted:

The hot new alternative to boofing

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

butt dickus posted:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

What is kief?

kiefer sutherland's dead skin cells. it gives you an experience similar to salvia when smoked. sold on the black market but even there dealers are pretty hush-hush about its existence

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

I've got a hot take that I would like to give to the thread. Grinders with kief catchers are stupid. Like yeah, the kief gets you high, but that's why I want it in the weed I'm smoking to get high.
Buy a more expensive grinder with a screen in it to collect weed dust. What do you do with that weed dust? Oh, mix it into a bowl later? Put it back into weed to smoke it? We have been played for fools.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Oh, so that's kief. Hmm.

Anyway, still trying to figure out what I should mix my weed butter into tonight.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Beast Pussy posted:

What do you do with that weed dust?
Well after spending the last three days in Amsterdam my answer is “find some way to turn it into old school hash” because man I love that taste and smell.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Beast Pussy posted:

I've got a hot take that I would like to give to the thread. Grinders with kief catchers are stupid. Like yeah, the kief gets you high, but that's why I want it in the weed I'm smoking to get high.
Buy a more expensive grinder with a screen in it to collect weed dust. What do you do with that weed dust? Oh, mix it into a bowl later? Put it back into weed to smoke it? We have been played for fools.

When don't have enough in the grinder for a full bowl but need to launch your balls to geosynchronous orbit asap

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

i just got this fucker and holy poo poo i don't even have to lift up my vape to clear the chamber

i'm getting closer to peak efficiency, my dudes

https://www.sneakypetestore.com/products/mega-globe-mk2?variant=40266908237905

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

hope and vaseline posted:

i just got this fucker and holy poo poo i don't even have to lift up my vape to clear the chamber

i have zero idea how this works

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

hope and vaseline posted:

I have this and it is extremely good and my most used piece by far

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
i have a normal globe but i can really see why having two inputs would rule

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Crimson Harvest posted:

i have a normal globe but i can really see why having two inputs would rule

I actually haven't used my smaller 10mm connection yet except as a carb, buuuuut I really want to snap a dynavap cap while I am running the arizer through the top input

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I bought the similar vgoodiez globe with 2 inputs. Might be the same thing.

It’s nice. Comes with plugs for the unused holes, but I’ve been running two dynavaps simultaneously and getting wrecked.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Jestery posted:

So jumping back just a touch

I've found a recipe for weed hard candies,

I'm basically looking to make a low dose weed pill that is inconspicuous

Does anyone have any experience with weed hard candies?

And pitfalls to avoid, pros cons?

Just testing the waters

Polln sells a 5mg sublingual wafer called Hypera
You get 60 for 80 bucks and they work well if you have a reasonably low tolerance
V discreet also legal

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

*many years from now*

"C'mere kids and let Grandpa tell you about how he used to drive to a random parking lot at 2 am just to buy brick weed."

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Code Jockey posted:

I actually haven't used my smaller 10mm connection yet except as a carb, buuuuut I really want to snap a dynavap cap while I am running the arizer through the top input

While the 10mm port is theoretically designed for a dynavap bowl, the thinner wall is a potential cracking spot as shown.

I keep the 10mm plugged and use the top input with an adaptor.

This blue one only has a top input but is probably my fave orb. :orb:

Also don't forget your wizard hat.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Carth Dookie posted:

While the 10mm port is theoretically designed for a dynavap bowl, the thinner wall is a potential cracking spot as shown.

I keep the 10mm plugged and use the top input with an adaptor.

most of the stems dynavap sells have a 10mm taper mouthpiece. You shouldn’t be sticking just the dv tip in the glass hole.

I use a 16mm dv holder in the top hole and an M with the airport covered in the little hole

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
damnit i dropped my starship and broke the tube

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
does anyone here use an induction heater for their dynavape for flower? seems convenient but not sure how it works

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Beast Pussy posted:

:hfive:
Love my oldmate aroma-3

Sunk Dunk posted:

does anyone here use an induction heater for their dynavape for flower? seems convenient but not sure how it works

Exclusively, I hate torches. I used a koli boi when I still used my dynavap daily.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

This is why the bonger exists. The tip goes right over the builtin condenser.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
So not really vibing with my dynavap, figured I'd pick the brains of the thread.

First, maybe I should have known better. I've never enjoyed vaporizers. I had an early old-school version of a dry herb vape and I've even been fortunate enough to use a friends Volcano. I never really seem to get lit from that method.

I bought the M+ with the FMJ and it seems to do what it's supposed to do but at this point I'd rather just take a rip off my bubbler.

Is it possible I'm using it wrong or are some people just more inclined towards different methods?