Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Yeah, Arrakis should be austere and harsh, but the rest of the Imperium should be "we've had like ten millennia of being indulgent rear end in a top hat nobility." Though I could believe the Harkonnens going for their own austere severity in counterpoint to some prevailing fashion because the Baron is absolutely someone who would do something like that just for the offputting aesthetic. As long as that severe brutalism was itself so grand in scale as to be its own kind of indulgent, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like we're getting Feyd's arena fight, probably as the introduction to him.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

AlternateAccount posted:

Pretty sure there are a dozen other ways to do that and keep a PG13.

We all saw the rave thing in the Matrix. Let’s not do that again.

That and everything about Reloaded fucks tho.

No spiky red hair? The gently caress??

Nightmare Cinema fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 27, 2023

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Nightmare Cinema posted:

That and everything about Reloaded fucks tho.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Nightmare Cinema posted:

No spiky red hair? The gently caress??

The post credits scene is Feyd putting on a red wig and Every Breath You Take starts playing.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Shanty posted:

The post credits scene is Feyd putting on a red wig and Every Breath You Take starts playing.

Don't stand so close to a hidden hip blade on me!

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Part of me hopes that Stellan Skarsgard spends the whole movie in that tub.

battlepigeon
Aug 3, 2008

I hope the spider gimp joins him in the tub!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

2UNC : Oops! All Spider Gimps.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

battlepigeon posted:

I hope the spider gimp joins him in the tub!

The spider gimp stays locked in the pain box until a ripe Fremen comes around.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Coming soon to Paramount+ DUNC TALES - THE BALLAD OF SPIDER GIMP

69 Body Problem
Apr 3, 2023

by vyelkin
Well goddamnit, I was told by SECRETS OF DUNE youtuber that the teaser trailer would drop today.

I think he's pulling a fast one on us!

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
people talk about the original star wars movies like they're some forbidden relic that's difficult to attain but the year is 2023 and all you have to do is Google the words Star Wars Despecialized to find copies of the movies restored to the highest quality by some nerdlord who made it his life's work.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

emanresu tnuocca posted:

people talk about the original star wars movies like they're some forbidden relic that's difficult to attain but the year is 2023 and all you have to do is Google the words Star Wars Despecialized to find copies of the movies restored to the highest quality by some nerdlord who made it his life's work.

Not the point

I should be able to go into a store and buy a legal copy and throw it on

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mean drat, you'd think with Disney desperately trying to win back the crowd after pissing off literally everyone they'd be throwing more poo poo at the wall, and that'd be barely any effort compared to a million streaming shows. They just have no idea what they're doing.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean drat, you'd think with Disney desperately trying to win back the crowd after pissing off literally everyone they'd be throwing more poo poo at the wall, and that'd be barely any effort compared to a million streaming shows. They just have no idea what they're doing.

Yeah like, this company literally sells LIFE DAY merchandise of like Chewbacca in the red robe hanging out with other characters that weren't even in the holiday special so it's not like they're against selling whatever they got. I do wonder if part of the deal of selling Star Wars was that the only OT/PT movies they could release are those versions Lucas provided them. Otherwise you would expect Disney to have different iterations out.

But at the same time from a branding standpoint I could also see Disney just saying this is it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Apparently they weren't given anything other than the versions that are available now, that's what was in the library. They could spend a bunch of money hunting down archival copies and having them restored but that would probably be a ton of money they don't expect to see much return on, our they could hire the despecialized edition guy to make a "legitimate" restoration but I'd imagine they don't want to encourage that kind of thing.

I read an article a while back about this and another reason we'll probably never see it; for most of the audience and for most of the movies' existence the special editions were the only versions. Those versions are the ones most of the audience is nostalgic for. We're old and will die soon.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Baron von Eevl posted:

Apparently they weren't given anything other than the versions that are available now, that's what was in the library. They could spend a bunch of money hunting down archival copies and having them restored but that would probably be a ton of money they don't expect to see much return on, our they could hire the despecialized edition guy to make a "legitimate" restoration but I'd imagine they don't want to encourage that kind of thing.

I read an article a while back about this and another reason we'll probably never see it; for most of the audience and for most of the movies' existence the special editions were the only versions. Those versions are the ones most of the audience is nostalgic for. We're old and will die soon.

This makes me appreciate Lucas adding MACLUNKEY in even more lol

But yeah I guess since physical media for movies isn't as much of a thing now as 15-20 years ago you're right, the market wouldn't be there for something like how Blade Runner got that miracle-level release with every cut on it as an example.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Disney doesn't give a poo poo they're going forward with yet more Rey movies that should tell you everything

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

That the sequel trilogy made enough money to be worth doing more until it stops working? Because Disney is not particularly dumb when it comes to money. Episode 9 still profited just fine, and Star Wars in general has been doing well with most of the shows, so more movies with the newer characters aren't automatically a bad idea from their perspective.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah I think their big course change was going from a movie every year to a movie every couple years and a season of TV every few months.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Baron von Eevl posted:

We're old and will die soon.

Inshallah

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Less talking about american star wars and more talking about european star wars please

Where's the drat trailer

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
I feel like I read that it might appear in front of Guardians of the Galaxy 3, which might actually get me to go out and see that film on an IMAX screen.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

breadshaped posted:

Less talking about american star wars and more talking about european star wars please

Where's the drat trailer

European?!?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I can't wait to see DUNC 2 in my basement, where I have control over the audio and the fried chicken is cheaper and I don't have to sneak drugs in.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Yeah, like 6 of the actors and the composer are European. That counts, right?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

European Star Wars would be filmed in Europe… so, oh that’s still just Star Wars.

crankybastard
Jan 4, 2005

Bugblatter posted:

European Star Wars would be filmed in Europe… so, oh that’s still just Star Wars.

If it's not filmed in Champagne it's just sparkling Star Wars.

69 Body Problem
Apr 3, 2023

by vyelkin
Dune: Part Two trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMoL5Opm4ho

...description

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

May your mouse click and shatter.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Oh come on, don't make clickbait posts. This site doesn't have karma or upvotes, so what is the point other than to be mean? I'm so mad right now!

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
it's happening
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1653444434812338179

69 Body Problem
Apr 3, 2023

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Way9Dexny3w

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Oh my god, Austin no :stonk:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

what the hell

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

ruddiger posted:

what the hell

dunc

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
More like DUNC two more days before I am going to watch that trailer.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

DUNC II: Battle For Arrakis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
someone tell me what movie it plays for so I can just go watch it there instead