Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
oh he was for sure a massive prick who almost certainly got credit for a lot of poo poo his employees did but he also had at least some sense of how to design a product, Elon seems to just have exclusively bad ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

shyduck posted:

Jobs' Apple did have some Musk-like bullshit, like the iPhone 4 antenna issue and their response of "you're holding it wrong"

Also the whole working people half the death thing

Jobs was famously anti-charity to the point that Apple employees working together for charity donations couldn't do anything under the Apple name

also he promoted quack cancer treatments and got himself on the organ donor wait lists in several states

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

shyduck posted:

Jobs' Apple did have some Musk-like bullshit, like the iPhone 4 antenna issue and their response of "you're holding it wrong"

Also the whole working people half the death thing

Here's hoping Musk will also die an early and comedically preventable death!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Here's hoping Musk will also die an early and comedically preventable death!

Inappropriate

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

JAMOOOL posted:

oh he was for sure a massive prick who almost certainly got credit for a lot of poo poo his employees did but he also had at least some sense of how to design a product, Elon seems to just have exclusively bad ideas

how can ideas be bad if they made him the richest man in the world???? use your brain, moran!!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Steve Jobs was an absolutely brilliant industrialist in one respect, which is that he had the vision to create a product that nobody was asking for but that everyone instantly realized they needed when they saw it. the iPhone wasn’t the first smart phone but it was the first smart phone for everyone, a smart phone whose purpose wasn’t to make you better at your job but to organize your life.

i don’t think the smart phone has had a positive net impact on society but it’s ubiquitous now and it’s almost unthinkable not to have one. musk by contrast bought out an existing electric car company and made its products slightly worse and stupider. his one value add was knowing how to scam software engineers out of millions right around the time that a ballooning class of software engineers found themselves with millions to spare.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
There are a bunch of parallels between Musk and Jobs, especially in being incredibly dumb vile people who were great at self promotion and largely sold inferior products at luxury markups.
Jobs ruthlessly climbed his way to the top and honed some skills doing it, and definitely had a taste for aesthetics. Musk got there through nepotism and graft, while thinking he climbed and has awful taste.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

I can't wait to see the musk equivalent of this when he slips in a puddle of soylent and tumbles into a fast moving assembly line with no safety guards

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
there were palm pilots that could make phone calls decades before the iphone

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Coolness Averted posted:

I can't wait to see the musk equivalent of this when he slips in a puddle of soylent and tumbles into a fast moving assembly line with no safety guards

every tesla will explode simultaneously because their god has left us

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Al! posted:

and those people were correctly mocked

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

Al! posted:

lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

it'll be like when Mr. House dies in New Vegas and it automatically broadcasts a glowing eulogy of how mankind is worse off now

except it's Elon so it'd just be like skull emojis with "i'm dead, no way!"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

Jobs was famously anti-charity to the point that Apple employees working together for charity donations couldn't do anything under the Apple name

incorrect, jobs donated a lot of money but refused to put his name on the donations or discuss them because he rightly thought that was tasteless

Last Chance has issued a correction as of 22:37 on Apr 27, 2023

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Al! posted:

yeah and they were the exclusive province of tech dorks and people who needed them for work, which was my point.

to be clear I am not endorsing Steve Jobs, a huge piece of poo poo who sucked, but he was really really smart about product development. many evil people are unfortunately, see Henry Ford.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

and now we have no jobs

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
can I just say how loving incredible it is to see a "Palm Pilot is actually better than iPhone" argument in Two Thousand and Twenty Three

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

mad.radhu posted:

can I just say how loving incredible it is to see a "Palm Pilot is actually better than iPhone" argument in Two Thousand and Twenty Three

yeah, because MathPad genuinely owned bones and hasn't been replicated in the phone 3.0 sphere or whatever

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Groimes oive got canceh and ehm gonna cure eht with freut

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

JAMOOOL posted:

I ran across someone defending him because he's "the Steve Jobs of our time" which made me laugh because if anything he's extremely bad at the thing Jobs was good at, nearly every single one of Elon's ideas are either counterintuitive or completely unworkable. his rockets blow up specifically because of dumb decisions he made, his cars put the turn signals, windshield wiper, and gear shift in places no one would ever look for them, and he took the one thing everyone hated about Twitter (bickering over right-wing disinfo) and turned it into the main feature

if Steve Jobs was announcing a product, it was for available to buy one second after the presentation was over.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
remember when people would reveal products and then you could just buy them?

what a time the past was

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Groimes oive got canceh and ehm gonna cure eht with freut

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mta/status/1651711103573929985?s=46

elon alienated the nyc subways

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

lmao he’s gonna say some catty poo poo to shill his lovely tunneling machines

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
steve jobs ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it appears that my avatar has been changed well played

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Advertisers are returning in droves!

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

anyone know why that idiot elon follows the krassersteinses?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it appears that my avatar has been changed well played

Lol wtf

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
krassensteins ftl imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr Interweb posted:

anyone know why that idiot elon follows the krassersteinses?

game respects game

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1651646847595716632

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
That doesnt seem "really important"

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
man who gets all of his real money through government contracts complies with government requests. better send this one down to the eggheads in the lab :thunk:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

what??

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

elon bad

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
but he said he was against all censorship. you can't just say things that aren't true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

that doesn't sound like the elon j. musk that I know!!!!