Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

CelticPredator posted:

Be curious what it looks like in person

[video type=""]/Nb6PjTk.mp4[/video]

And if the video embed doesn't work here's the Imgur post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Looks p decent! I’m glad there’s an option to get a cool proton pack. Maybe down the road I might pick it up. Spirit products come and go a lot of the time so there’s usually another chance to pick up a thing

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

8one6 posted:

[video type=""]/Nb6PjTk.mp4[/video]

And if the video embed doesn't work here's the Imgur post.

How does it compare to the scaled down model?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

text me a vag pic posted:

How does it compare to the scaled down model?

I never picked up one of the 3/4th scale packs but I found a nerd who did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYQvdB_5mJY

There's a direct comparison to the smaller pack and the Hasbro pack from last year near the end of the video.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

8one6 posted:

I never picked up one of the 3/4th scale packs but I found a nerd who did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYQvdB_5mJY

There's a direct comparison to the smaller pack and the Hasbro pack from last year near the end of the video.

Very cool. I guess I'll pass. I already have 2 of the 3/4 scale packs - one modded. I feel like they might be better for a drunk Halloween night out. Because I am not wearing the Haslab pack if I'm doing shots.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
the same ghost cabbie from the original but now he's an Uber driver and he needs that 5 star rating, his life depends on it

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Spirit are sending out the packs on the cheap, and people are reporting they’re having to pay $50-150 extra postage costs to USPS.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I like Ghostbusters. I like Legos. Sometimes I make Ghostbusters Legos. I hope you'll indulge me posting one. This one comes from the Ghostbusters Extended Universe that exists in my head.

Winston:"After taking care of Viggo there was still lots of negatively charge Mood Slime under the city that we needed to neutralize."

Ray:"This is the Subterranean Psychomagnetheric Ectoplasm Mitigation Unit."

Winston:"We start by creating a positive environment with free concerts with our state-of-the-art sound system.

Ray:"Then we use a pair of modified ground-penetrating radar units as subwoofers to target the concentrates of slime."
Winston: "We call them the Thumpers."

Ray: "These readings are good, but we need to kick this party up a notch."
Winston: "I've got just just the thing."

If you are curious here is a link to the rest of my GB builds if you haven't already seen them.

deoju fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 29, 2023

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

According to Kumail Nanjiani, GB: Firehouse is very new and expands the world it's set in, so...

LividLiquid posted:

God dammit. Just do new things.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Fingers crossed, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm thinking that they'll start on the franchising aspect that other media has brought in already. Hey, maybe Joel McHale as Chevy Chase as Ron whats-his-name.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

deoju posted:

I like Ghostbusters. I like Legos. Sometimes I make Ghostbusters Legos. I hope you'll indulge me posting one. This one comes from the Ghostbusters Extended Universe that exists in my head.

Winston:"After taking care of Viggo there was still lots of negatively charge Mood Slime under the city that we needed to neutralize."

Ray:"This is the Subterranean Psychomagnetheric Ectoplasm Mitigation Unit."

Winston:"We start by creating a positive environment with free concerts with our state-of-the-art sound system.

Ray:"Then we use a pair of modified ground-penetrating radar units as subwoofers to target the concentrates of slime."
Winston: "We call them the Thumpers."

Ray: "These readings are good, but we need to kick this party up a notch."
Winston: "I've got just just the thing."

If you are curious here is a link to the rest of my GB builds if you haven't already seen them.

loll dumb nerd getting this empty quote

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
At least they can't bring back Ron Jeremy for Firehouse.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Bacon Terrorist posted:

At least they can't bring back Ron Jeremy for Firehouse.

They should bring back that teleporting ginger bloke from the first one

Ghostbusters! Alright!

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

They should go back to Sedgewick and the cigar elevator guy should be a ghost they need to bust.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'd prefer if they just avoided every set piece and plot point from any of the previous films.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LividLiquid posted:

I'd prefer if they just avoided every set piece and plot point from any of the previous films.

I'd prefer they just let the "franchise" die. Ghostbusters II was a soulless beat-for-beat remake of the first movie.

Then Afterlife basically remade the first movie again, just with added nostalgia bait.

Making a good comedy sequel is like trying to draw blood from a stone. It can happen (Addams Family Values), but it's rare.

Indiana. Let it go.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Timby posted:

Indiana. Let it go.
:golfclap:

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

roffels posted:

They should go back to Sedgewick and the cigar elevator guy should be a ghost they need to bust.

Why would he be a ghost? Did he have a heart-attack off screen or something? Anyway, the way he asks if the ghostbusters are cosmonauts (not astronauts!) is the kind of funny only the original film can be.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Disco Pope posted:

Why would he be a ghost? Did he have a heart-attack off screen or something?

Yeah he died in 2015

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm seeing a lot of posters itt that haven't busted in a long time

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah he died in 2015

I'm genuinely shocked that he lived that long. Guy looked 65 way back then, but that's also the 80s effect where everyone looked older than they were.

I'm now older than all of the guys were in Ghostbusters 2, and they still seem like adults compared to me.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Disco Pope posted:

Why would he be a ghost? Did he have a heart-attack off screen or something? Anyway, the way he asks if the ghostbusters are cosmonauts (not astronauts!) is the kind of funny only the original film can be.

He was old in 1984. But really, I'm just trying to name all the worst possible references to the original film they could come up with.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Timby posted:

I'd prefer they just let the "franchise" die. Ghostbusters II was a soulless beat-for-beat remake of the first movie.

Then Afterlife basically remade the first movie again, just with added nostalgia bait.

Making a good comedy sequel is like trying to draw blood from a stone. It can happen (Addams Family Values), but it's rare.

Indiana. Let it go.

I think 2016 is probably the worse movie but I disliked Afterlife a lot more. Felt like a fan film.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah he died in 2015

In the hotel lift?!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Giant cockroach bit his head off

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Giant cockroach bit his head off

Yeah that's why he manifested as a mustachioed roach ghost: https://www.fantazmtoys.com/product/roach-on-12

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

roffels posted:

He was old in 1984. But really, I'm just trying to name all the worst possible references to the original film they could come up with.

Hot dog vendor never financially recovered from those lost hotdogs that Slimer ate.

The walls in the 53rd precinct are still bleeding.

Dana's building is still art deco, very nice.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hot dog vendor never financially recovered from those lost hotdogs that Slimer ate.

The walls in the 53rd precinct are still bleeding.

Dana's building is still art deco, very nice.

Look, they never caught the library ghost, maybe they can tell Paul Rudd to "get her"?

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Bring in Adam Sandler to play the grizzly, old hot dog cart man.

I mostly say that because I thought it was Adam Sandler when I was a kid because anyone over 15 was "old" to me.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4wagcmxh4o

Old as hell now but still one of my favourite videos ever.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Never seen that before. It owns.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
My idea for a Ghostbusters sequel would be just a two-hour long Always Sunny In Philadelphia episode where Frank buys the franchise from Winston.

Also do the car talk scene except it's Mac talking about the Book of Revelations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I mean, Ghostbusters should move away from movies and become a tv show again and don't let anyone involved in production of the original have a say in the new direction.

Although, I guess that's how you get 2016.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'd love a weekly GB show that did literal monster of the week, and also a larger, overarching plot.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Mooseontheloose posted:

I mean, Ghostbusters should move away from movies and become a tv show again and don't let anyone involved in production of the original have a say in the new direction.

Seriously though The Real Ghostbusters really did serve as like a horror primer for kids and it'd be great to see a show out there doing the same thing again. Like just in those first few seasons of Real Ghostbusters a kid would've experienced haunted houses, vampires, werewolves, poltergeists, trolls living under bridges, the Boogeyman, the Sandman, the concept of Samhain, genies, doorways to Hell, ghost pirates, the Bermuda Triangle, Ragnarok, gremlins, banshees, the Three Fates, Cthulhu and the Necronomicon, the Headless Horseman, and plenty of other stuff.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ima be real. Even eXtreme ghostbusters kinda owns.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I'd love a weekly GB show that did literal monster of the week, and also a larger, overarching plot.

Same, it would be a great and relatively easy show. Get JMS back to do episodes.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

He's working in the B5 cartoon now, but I'm sure he'll have time between waiting for each season to be renewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

banned from Starbucks posted:

Ima be real. Even eXtreme ghostbusters kinda owns.

Worst thing about Extreme was their animation budget was seemingly the change in the couch cushions. It carried on the fine tradition of also being a horror primer, with Clive Barker and the great episode "Deadliners" off the top of my head.

The opening song remix slaps.