Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
First day is more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So like still 20 minutes until we get a pick that's at least something of a surprise

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress the Eagles in advance, and I hope the Cardinals remain irrelevant

Now lets draft, baybeeeeeeeeeee

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

10 minutes?! I thought it was like five?!

It used to be 15 and we'd be here for like 8 hours to do the first three rounds.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

why is anthony richardson projected to go in the first round? the guy can't throw

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Dango Bango posted:

1st round is 10 minutes, I think 2nd is 7 minutes, and the rest is 5 minutes

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
C'mon Panthers you've had months to decide this

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Ok fiz who do you want

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Would not draft a small qb at 1.1

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Legit asking since I don't follow other sports: is there any other league whose draft coverage is this big a drat deal?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The NFL draft is supposed to be for bad teams not the title holders damnit

Yeah that was hosed. It's not their day

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Spoiler it’s the guy they keep showing on the screen

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Honestly, there may be better coverage, but I'm a sucker for the ESPN draft noise and the NFL Countdown music.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

fsif posted:

So like still 20 minutes until we get a pick that's at least something of a surprise

I don't think we know what the Texans are doing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Legit asking since I don't follow other sports: is there any other league whose draft coverage is this big a drat deal?

Nba draft is huge

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nodoze posted:

Ok fiz who do you want

I legit want Young fwiw.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The draft should be 90 seconds a pick. Royal Rumble rules

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

NBA’s is big but i feel like the lotto breaks it up

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Dango Bango posted:

More commercials this way. And what fartknocker said.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BlindSite posted:

It used to be 15 and we'd be here for like 8 hours to do the first three rounds.

Ah, the days of the draft starting at noon and the first round literally taking 4 hours.

Great way to spend a Saturday in a food coma

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

why is anthony richardson projected to go in the first round? the guy can't throw

Because he's Khalil Mack athletically but at QB.

I mean yeah he's never produced at all, but wow!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Quiet Feet posted:

No.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

No, but the NBA is probably second.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Josh Allen happened.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Quiet Feet posted:

Not even close.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kirios posted:

I don't think we know what the Texans are doing.

10 minutes before Young is announced, 10 minutes until the Texans pick is announced

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Heidi Gardner is pretty

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Quiet Feet posted:

So they had to bring on a couple of C list celebrities to announce Pat Mahomes so he could announce the start of the draft?

The KC options are basically these two, Paul Rudd, that Riggle guy, and then some rappers from the 00s.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

The NHL draft is like a high school production trying to mimic the NFL draft as they select a bunch of 17 year old kids.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Mahomes and Kelce strolling in like a crime family boss followed by one of his erratic lieutenants that makes some bad decisions and has to be disposed of halfway through the movie

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Pick Richardson, you cowards

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
10 minutes 1st round
7 minutes 2nd round
5 minutes all other rounds IIRC

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I waited until 7:15 before turning this on and there are still 7 minutes left on the clock?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Would have been fine with Andy Reid just hosting

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Quiet Feet posted:

Not quite that big but the NBA is close, they also make the lottery into a TV event because it’s fun to watch teams who have a 1% chance of picking first get their hopes up

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Honestly, there may be better coverage, but I'm a sucker for the ESPN draft noise and the NFL Countdown music.

Yeah very true.

Also, I didn't even realize ABC and ESPN's coverage was different. I can tolerate the Gameday crew so far.

As long as they don't just talk QBs all night.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SunshineDanceParty posted:

The KC options are basically these two, Paul Rudd, that Riggle guy, and then some rappers from the 00s.

I want Andy Reid coming out with some BBQ and throwing it to the fans.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's funny listening to the athletic just discussing the Panthers' organizational makeup while the tv broadcast has jumped between like 3 different QB graphics and wow the Bears traded .

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

daltos' stream is chill so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

I want Andy Reid coming out with some BBQ and throwing it to the fans.

Reid would never waste good BBQ