Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
*rachel maddow-isbhly* car man bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i'm glad i don't have a bunch of posts in this thread ostensibly taking musk's statements at face value. posting "he's right" and the like. that would be embarrassing now that this important, surprizing, and unforeseeable news has come to light.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
can’t wait for Taibbi— oh

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

Mola Yam posted:

i'm glad i don't have a bunch of posts in this thread ostensibly taking musk's statements at face value. posting "he's right" and the like. that would be embarrassing now that this important, surprizing, and unforeseeable news has come to light.

he's right

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

I owned this, it was loving amazing. Did not make phone calls but had an always on data connection to the internet which was loving amazing at the time.

edit: Also had a CDPD PCMCIA modem in high school, this in like 1999-2000 when it was normal-ish for a high school student to have a laptop, inconceivable that they were just playing on the internet during class wirelessly. Wasted so much time with teachers thinking I was just taking notes.

Three Olives has issued a correction as of 01:45 on Apr 28, 2023

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mola Yam posted:

i'm sure they're all very embarrassed

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mad.radhu posted:

can I just say how loving incredible it is to see a "Palm Pilot is actually better than iPhone" argument in Two Thousand and Twenty Three

i was just saying the iphone wasn't anywhere close to a new idea!!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Three Olives posted:

I owned this,

is this a bit

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al! posted:

is this a bit

people learning about 3 olives for the first time is magic

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Al! posted:

is this a bit

No? It was really the most amazing thing after my dad saw it working he immediately bought himself one and a few of his executives because he was blown away by it. Seriously, the technology was basically magic at the time to most consumers.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Al! posted:

is this a bit

in a way

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Based

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
oh does your dad not have a few executives? heh *sighs as I draw my vitamix blender*

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
everyone mad at elon musk is simply jealous he owns twitter

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i am jealous. if i owned twitter, i could immediately sell it to an idiot like elon musk, and endlessly buy salty avs for my posting enemies.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1651746250658570242?s=61&t=ekRyXxBjaNIALwWgK2O6xQ

new twitter has arrived

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
weird. that post isn't about elon musk

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

weird. that post isn't about elon musk

it’s the beginning of his $44 billion purchase approaching its true value of $0

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

when does he buy bluesky

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
musk is so stupid, he should've just bought a studio and newspaper like Bezos so celebrities would suck up to him and everyone on twitter would follow

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

if I’m jack I sell bluesky to Elon for $20b and immediately start working on the next clone. imagine selling a Twitter clone to Elon once a year for the rest of your life

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

if I’m jack I sell bluesky to Elon for $20b and immediately start working on the next clone. imagine selling a Twitter clone to Elon once a year for the rest of your life

xeno’s infinite money glitch

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

You just have to make absolutely sure the ElonJet guy is on the new platform each time.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Muskies been kinda quiet since block the blue

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Three Olives posted:

, this in like 1999-2000 when it was normal-ish for a high school student to have a laptop, .

What

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

imagine selling a Twitter clone to Elon once a year for the rest of your life

time works the same way

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

right? lmao it wasn’t even close to normal for college students to have laptops then

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

That was the year the iBook came out? I think we were a little behind actually, my prior school issued every student a laptop.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Three Olives posted:

That was the year the iBook came out? I think we were a little behind actually, my prior school issued every student a laptop.

lmao. the classics always deliver

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

oh my
god
I prayed for these sorts of messages to be delivered to and read by him

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Ok this could be good

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i went to public school, dude

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1651727954777616384?s=20

womp womp

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

speng31b posted:

lmao. the classics always deliver

What? It was the early 2000s, we had to pass HTML coding classes in like, no later than Jr year to complete our computer class requirements, my elective was the yearbook and we (students) were using InDesign for it. This wasn't the 80s, it was like 2000.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Three Olives posted:

What? It was the early 2000s, we had to pass HTML coding classes in like, no later than Jr year to complete our computer class requirements, my elective was the yearbook and we (students) were using InDesign for it. This wasn't the 80s, it was like 2000.

bud for regular people school-issued computers were being phased in around 2015, and half of the schools in the US got stuck on a lovely ipad contract for 3 years before switching to chromebooks because google's backend is way more convenient for schoolwork. so the average high school has had low-power laptops for 5-8 years now. perhaps 10 on the outside. absolutely nobody but people who talk about "my dad and his executives" had school-issued laptops in 2000. maybe there was one, in the whole school, for disability accommodation.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/MichelleKaske/status/1651711928937459712?cxt=HHwWgMC9ufHPh-wtAAAA

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
relatable. although it was very embarrassing when you left your laptop at the summer house, and had to ask father to send for the butler to bring it around in the MB

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Three Olives posted:

yeah same, after our InDesign sesh on our iBooks we'd head over to the paddock for some light dressage

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i did math with a stick and some dirt, and crude gestures and grunts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mola Yam posted:

i did math with a stick and some dirt, and crude gestures and grunts

you should post that way too