Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Ch'ris.

Plus I'm like 90% sure it says verbatim in The Book "none will know the hour" or something like that. Heretics

There was a guy in the 80s who said that he didn't need to know the day or the hour, he was content to just know the week the world would end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Sunn Classics made the film adaptation of The Late Great Planet Earth and their Mormon/Christian perspective can't be brought up enough with regards to the many, many paranormal films they released including flicks on Noah's Ark, reincarnation, and bible/ancient astronaut crossovers. Here's a good article from Robert Skvarla:

https://diaboliquemagazine.com/mormons-aliens-and-dan-haggerty-the-mostly-true-story-of-sunn-classic-pictures/

quote:

Sellier was one of the first proponents of market research and audience testing at all stages of a film’s production. He’d put together scripts piecemeal from individual scenes after testing them in front of crowds at private screenings. The ideas for the films also frequently came from the public. The process confounded auteurs and studio enthusiasts alike. When Sunn Classic reached out to Orson Welles to contract him for one of their wilderness films, he was aghast at the machine-like nature of their creative process. Welles associate Gary Graver recalled Welles’s frustration in the 2006 biography What Ever Happened To Orson Welles? A Portrait of an Independent Career, “Orson asked them how they knew what the audience wanted. They said, ‘We go to this place’—which is now the Harmony Gold Theater on Sunset—’and we wire people’s wrists when they’re watching animal footage. We check the seismograph, and if they get excited, we make a picture about that.’ Orson just shook his head in disbelief.” (Welles would go on to narrate the 1981 Nostradamus pseudo-documentary The Man Who Saw Tomorrow for Sunn Classic alum Robert Guenette.)

Dr. Jerrold Coe has issued a correction as of 00:55 on Apr 28, 2023

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
They also made a bunch of wildman/Grizzly Adams knockoffs which also slot into white settler colonialism and religious fervor

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

my bony fealty posted:

I think that book was really popular in the 70s, my parents have always had a copy and they aren't and haven't ever been evangelicals and I definitely have seen it on relative and family friend bookshelves. Never did get around to actually reading it despite picking it up several times as a kid.

Yeah same, although my parents are and always have been evangelicals.

I always confused the names of the author with the actor who played Barney Miller. Never made sense, since Barney Miller was such a chill dude (for a cop)

Hey, we should make Barney Miller the new Columbo

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Sunn Classics made the film adaptation of The Late Great Planet Earth and their Mormon/Christian perspective can't be brought up enough with regards to the many, many paranormal films they released including flicks on Noah's Ark, reincarnation, and bible/ancient astronaut crossovers. Here's a good article from Robert Skvarla:

https://diaboliquemagazine.com/mormons-aliens-and-dan-haggerty-the-mostly-true-story-of-sunn-classic-pictures/

I should scan you the book covers of all the creationist tripe my former missionary grandfather used to send me, being a lover of oddball old books.

He was also big on getting me copies of Unexplained Mysteries books for my birthday

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Bilirubin posted:

I should scan you the book covers of all the creationist tripe my former missionary grandfather used to send me, being a lover of oddball old books.

He was also big on getting me copies of Unexplained Mysteries books for my birthday

Oh hell yeah I'd be into that for sure

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

• He mentions 'the woman in white' or 'the lady in white' giving a message about signs in the sky and signs in the moon. A warning of some sort about taking care of the planet.
Has anyone met this lady? is she nice

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ramirez seems like one of those people that takes everything anyone has ever told him as the absolute truth

like Prince Myshkin. I admire it

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

goochtit posted:

• He mentions 'the woman in white' or 'the lady in white' giving a message about signs in the sky and signs in the moon. A warning of some sort about taking care of the planet.

buncha folks in Fatima. She's alright

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

goochtit posted:

!!!

I… kind of have, yes. This was a detox dream I had years ago, so take it with a grain of salt, but…

in this dream, I approached a river. Wading about a yard from the bank was a woman in an iridescent, shimmering white dress, dipping the lip of an amphora into the water to fill it. I asked her what she was doing. She turned to me and smiled before intoning:

“It doesn’t matter where the river came from or where it’s going. It’s the water you stand in that gets you wet.”

Pretty prosaic insight, but cool nonetheless. Thanks, White Dress River Lady.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I had a vision (hallucination?) of going into my dimly lit room at my parent's home and seeing a young woman in white (she was all white) kneeling next to the front of my sea chest. When I called out to her she stood and twirled towards me, old time skirt billowing, and faded out.

That was before I ever took LSD I will point out

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I’m rereading The Invisibles omnibus because of all y’all’s dream posts.. TYVM I forgot how incredible this book is.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

I had a vision (hallucination?) of going into my dimly lit room at my parent's home and seeing a young woman in white (she was all white) kneeling next to the front of my sea chest. When I called out to her she stood and twirled towards me, old time skirt billowing, and faded out.

That was before I ever took LSD I will point out

I'm more interested in how you fared during the naval campaign against Napoleon because you have a goddamn sea chest

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Slavvy posted:

I'm more interested in how you fared during the naval campaign against Napoleon because you have a goddamn sea chest

pondering another goons booty is prohibited

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Get ready to get depressed, they sold out the moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmwCIS7hP3g

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

China will build their big red star up there long before Elon's rockets stop exploding

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Slavvy posted:

China will build their big red star up there long before Elon's rockets stop exploding

The "oriental scientists" of "Nippon" already built their 1/2 mile diameter Mother Plane for just $15 billion

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Slavvy posted:

lets just say I squeezed me some sperm

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

goochtit posted:

It's Gwyneth Paltrow

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the orb you ponder is inside her

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

War and Pieces posted:

The "oriental scientists" of "Nippon" already built their 1/2 mile diameter Mother Plane for just $15 billion

Is this the stadium that was supposed to fly around

e no seriously I can't figure out what you mean

Inspector Hound has issued a correction as of 04:34 on Apr 28, 2023

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
https://twitter.com/nature/status/1651368438437146626?s=46&t=b23kGbnuFi54qJQa-UIGzw

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

unironically slaps.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Inspector Hound posted:

Is this the stadium that was supposed to fly around

e no seriously I can't figure out what you mean

it's part of NOI doomsday beliefs. it's got 144,000 smaller UFOs armed with nuclear weapons

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I regret to inform you the M87 ultras are at it again.

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Roundup thread of all the big players saying something will blow the door open within 6 months or so

https://twitter.com/HighPeaks77/status/1651702749590089730

6 months forever!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

the friedman unit but for disclosure

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

fusion power disclosure is 10 years six months away and always will be

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

nice so we can throw all of these "key players" out in a few months when nothing happens and get a fresh crop

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

helta posted:

Roundup thread of all the big players saying something will blow the door open within 6 months or so

6 months forever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozy5qrt-cE0

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Azathoth posted:

fusion power disclosure is 10 years six months away and always will be

always has been

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

helta posted:

6 months forever!

Lol the first guy is seriously named Richard Butt? Tragedy and comedy all in one.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

oh hey, there is a follow up on the purple gypsy lady
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_34oNWmNsc

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

chainchompz posted:

Lol the first guy is seriously named Richard Butt? Tragedy and comedy all in one.

people suspect it's lue's shitposting account
either that or someone closely associated with him

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Luis "Dick Butt" Elizondo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

oh hey, there is a follow up on the purple gypsy lady
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_34oNWmNsc

man he’s such an rear end in a top hat. I’m glad Kali left him at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

people suspect it's lue's shitposting account
either that or someone closely associated with him

That's funnier.

My partner used to be very woo and then they took a photo that had an orb in it that absolutely blew their mind and then everyone around pointed out it was their thumb right by the camera flash and not a ghost or an orb. I feel like thanks to that, their skepticism for all things UFO and woo is dialed way up so whenever I share stuff from here or elsewhere they're Scully to my Mulder.