Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Didn't they already make this with Ewan McGregor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Shageletic posted:

Mazerunner gets weirder with every sequel

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Robot Style posted:

Vanity. Lots of actors have things in their contract requiring them to have VFX touchups done to them. Most of it is done by a company called Lola, who also does all of Marvel's de-aging, but the vast majority of their work is vanity touch ups for actors.

Interesting and true, but I was thinking more about Seth Rogen sitting on an airbag and getting launched into the ceiling

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Robot Style posted:

Vanity. Lots of actors have things in their contract requiring them to have VFX touchups done to them. Most of it is done by a company called Lola, who also does all of Marvel's de-aging, but the vast majority of their work is vanity touch ups for actors.

I know somebody at Weta who had to roto out RDJ's double chin. It's not just vanity either, the prudes at Marvel had them reduce Chadwick Boseman's bulge.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tenoch Huerta also got his bulge reduced in BP2.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe don't cast actors with huge bulges if you only have to edit them out later.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1651642811416977426?t=nXgYdK1NCMTEdH3kfNVofA&s=19

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The MSJ posted:

Maybe don't cast actors with huge bulges if you only have to edit them out later.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1651642811416977426?t=nXgYdK1NCMTEdH3kfNVofA&s=19

Yes

Also hrm at that cast

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Gatts posted:

Yes

Also hrm at that cast

I wonder if they'll show how Megatron was totally right. At first.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope we get Optimus as a cop who was brutalized by government goons and then got dragged out while quoting Megatron.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I wonder if they'll show the 'cut off heads and replace them with computers' punishment.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

One thing I'll say is the people who wants this prequel movie to have "G1 cartoon designs" are crazy because in G1 the Cybertronian people have the same designs they have on Earth 4 million years later with only their vehicle modes being different.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1ujpoDlgRU

This a chance to make up new designs for the characters like the High Moon games and Transformers Animated did, which recalls their Earth forms without looking too similar.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

AceOfFlames posted:

Everything about this remake makes me want to eat fish.

And I don't even particularly LIKE most fish (except salmon, sushi and cod). It makes me want to eat several kinds of fish out of sheer SPITE.

Understandable as that fish looks

baked.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You can say live-action Flounder looks like a real fish but there's a reason HP Lovecraft used a race of fish-face people as scary inhuman monsters, and it's not racism this time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The MSJ posted:

One thing I'll say is the people who wants this prequel movie to have "G1 cartoon designs" are crazy because in G1 the Cybertronian people have the same designs they have on Earth 4 million years later with only their vehicle modes being different.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1ujpoDlgRU

This a chance to make up new designs for the characters like the High Moon games and Transformers Animated did, which recalls their Earth forms without looking too similar.

Most G1 Transformers fans don't actually remember G1 at all. Funny thing is the Michael Bay movies actually make a lot more sense if you figure he specifically used G1 for ideas, because that show is bizarre, ridiculous and sometimes downright batshit crazy. A lot more human antagonists than anything since, too. And not particularly watchable outside of novelty value, the animation and voice acting is VERY 80s and not in a good way.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The logo looks like it's crying, probably with justification.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Most G1 Transformers fans don't actually remember G1 at all. Funny thing is the Michael Bay movies actually make a lot more sense if you figure he specifically used G1 for ideas, because that show is bizarre, ridiculous and sometimes downright batshit crazy. A lot more human antagonists than anything since, too. And not particularly watchable outside of novelty value, the animation and voice acting is VERY 80s and not in a good way.

I will never not chuckle at the "fans" watching senseless robot shooting/drama and being annoyed that the films were exactly the same thing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gonz posted:

Michael Bay asking an AI to create a movie would result in more batshittery than usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw4mK0XSQ_M

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Why the hell do Transformers even have a second form to disguise themselves when they’re still on Cybertron? It’s a whole loving planet of robots, some idiot sneaking around as a car seems pointless.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Transport mode

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Why the hell do Transformers even have a second form to disguise themselves when they’re still on Cybertron? It’s a whole loving planet of robots, some idiot sneaking around as a car seems pointless.

They were created in the image of their creator, Primus.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

The MSJ posted:

They were created in the image of their creator, Primus.

Primus sucks

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why do they bother with their vehicle forms at all when the entire planet has watched these giant robots fighting for the past fifteen years?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Why do they bother with their vehicle forms at all when the entire planet has watched these giant robots fighting for the past fifteen years?

Merchandising funds the war effort.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

To be fair, ROTB is either a prequel or a reboot.

Vehicle modes also faster for transportation. And some just like how they look. It's their culture.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
An eighteen wheeler is faster than thousand foot tall robot that can take quarter-mile long steps?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm convinced the missing link for the Michael Bay movies is actual the G1 toy commercials.

https://twitter.com/PaperPlaneTF/status/1148651148582227974

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

fatherboxx posted:

Primus sucks

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Edit:

What was really funny was Deadline's tweet about the movie.
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1651642011743670272
"First ever"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Clearly they learned nothing from the failures of way too late sequels like Zoolander 2

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1651675937103118336?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Dumb and Dumber Too, Anchorman 2, etc. Does American Reunion count?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah comedy sequels are tough and one after so long is weird. But Dodgeball was good so hopefully this one is too

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah comedy sequels are tough and one after so long is weird. But Dodgeball was good so hopefully this one is too

Is there any reason to believe it would be?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The only thing that makes Dodgeball good is Ben Stiller's character so if Stiller isn't back then there's no point.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That just reminded me of Heavyweights being better than it had any right to be and how much of that was Ben Stiller being insane.

Also, I saw that movie at the age of twelve with my seventy-two year old grandmother and she literally pissed herself laughing in the theater.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

You think they'll get lance Armstrong to return

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

I mean, Zoolander was great but look at Zoolander 2 (or rather don't).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Just make a sequel to Mystery Men if we're doing this.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There has been talk of a Mystery Men prequel lately.

Are there any good comedy sequels? I was trying to think of some the other night and drew a blank.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They can't all the sets are gone. Geoffrey Rush ate them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Enos Cabell posted:

There has been talk of a Mystery Men prequel lately.

Are there any good comedy sequels? I was trying to think of some the other night and drew a blank.

22 Jump Street was alright