Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Charles Bukowski posted:

I saw that in theater

i did too :psyduck:

its also the only movie in my life ive been late for

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

I saw it on a whim, we only got one movie a week and it just happened to be the 6 month old movie that was in town that jaunt.

Thank you Saoshyant for the lovely signature.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I find it strange that all of u have seen it b/c I'd never even heard of it. just picked it on a whim :shrug:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Charles Bukowski

I think its a well liked film based on a series popular in that genre.

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
As part of Bad Movie Month we watched the movie From Justin to Kelly starring the first season american idol winners.
Its a movie about spring break! Everyone's a little too old. It's a musical! None of the musical numbers are good. The b plots are fun though.
4/10 on a scale from -10 to 10 with zero being the worst. That's a 1 for every dollar I spent to rent it.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Moulin Rouge

what an annoying fuckin movie

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Areola Grande

Sarah Cenia posted:

Moulin Rouge

lol why did u watch that

Areola Grande

The Mustang

possibly the most touching prison movie you'll ever see

4/5 probably biased b/c I just like prison movies

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Areola Grande posted:

lol why did u watch that

eh my wife likes it

i would enjoy some parts of it more but the editing style is too chaotic for me, sometimes the shot changes so often I can't really take in what's happening. I know it's supposed to be manic but there's like choreography n poo poo that just feels wasted because there's no time to focus on any of it

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
baz luhrman is not for beginners

itry

Sarah Cenia posted:

Moulin Rouge

Doesn't Kylie Minogue play an absinthe bottle in that one?

Charles Bukowski

I turned on Armed and Dangerous last night but then immediately turned it off, I watched it so many times as a kid it's burned into my brain. Then I put on Predator 2 and watched until Bill Paxton and shut it off. Youtube it is.

sb hermit

King of Thorn

(anime, on Crunchyroll)

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

stars war return of hte jedi

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Goons Are Gifts

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Not sure if this is an actual movie of if you meant to post this in the 'good jokes you can't be bothered to develop a thread for' thread..?

It's actually a real movie and believe or not, the banker I mentioned, it's Kevin Spacey

Goons Are Gifts

Today. I have watched Sisu, a Finnish movie coming out next week about the Finnish grandpa of John Wick, but compared to Keanu Reeves, this guy is actually dangerous and brutal

He is killing nazis in the most hilarious ways imaginable and yes that does include throwing a wooden mine he dug out of of a mine field head first into the face of a nazi, making it go off turning him into nazi goo

Good movie

Goons Are Gifts

I've remembered to finally bookmark this thread and post about the many many movies I watch, I hope you guys won't mind because I watch a lot and I was looking for a space to post about it beyond Letterboxd for a while so this is it sorry

sb hermit

Goatse and Gallant posted:

I've remembered to finally bookmark this thread and post about the many many movies I watch, I hope you guys won't mind because I watch a lot and I was looking for a space to post about it beyond Letterboxd for a while so this is it sorry

:hai:

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
oh nice I wanna see sisu since seeing the trailer during john wick 4 at the theater

watho

Today. I have watched Sisu, a Finnish movie coming out next week about the Finnish grandpa of John Wick, but compared to Keanu Reeves, this guy is actually dangerous and brutal

He is killing nazis in the most hilarious ways imaginable and yes that does include throwing a wooden mine he dug out of of a mine field head first into the face of a nazi, making it go off turning him into nazi goo

Good movie

yeah i saw it a couple of weeks ago it’s v good. the climax had some cheap looking effects that didn’t quite sell the idea they had but overall it was very good

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Sarah Cenia posted:

oh nice I wanna see sisu since seeing the trailer during john wick 4 at the theater

Sarah Cenia sought to see Sisu since seeing suggested scene snippets from Sisu at the cinema.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Trollz: a movie made by Asylum. Not to be confused with trolls. it's a movie with dogshit visuals. just bad to look at. food fight level bad. it's pretty inoffensive and forgettable otherwise, except Ja Rule voices the troll creature and it's weird that that happens. -6/10

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Jason Goes To Hell
He did not go to Hell
There was a cowboy though,
3/10

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Jason X is a made for tv movie that somehow tricked everyone into letting itself be in theaters. this movie does not help me understand Jason's motivations but after ten of these loving things I think he's just a dude who kills dudes for no real reason despite having a very sympathetic background and being his own mom.

-7/10 it's bad but enjoyably bad and most of these things are just bad. Jason dunks a lady's face into some cryo stuff and smashes it onto the table and it looks like a red slushie

edit: favorite movie of the night, but ironic

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 1, 2023

watho

i saw jason x on tv when i was like 10. it was my first experience with friday the thirteenth and like probably the horror genre in general

Goons Are Gifts

watho posted:

yeah i saw it a couple of weeks ago it’s v good. the climax had some cheap looking effects that didn’t quite sell the idea they had but overall it was very good

Did you know it's a true story, without dramatization or special effects added by the director, but exactly word for word and scene by scene based on how eye witnesses described it??

I mean it's probably not because he killed all witnesses and some of the scenes at least let you doubt the realism a little bit, but I dunno the Finnish are crazy you know they are

Goons Are Gifts

Gonna watch a preview today again and I'm on my way there and luckily I'M ALREADY LATE AGAIN BECAUSE THE GODDAMN TRAIN WON'T MOVE AND oh it's moving now okay I'll report about the movie soon assuming I can still get there

sb hermit

Gonna watch a preview today again and I'm on my way there and luckily I'M ALREADY LATE AGAIN BECAUSE THE GODDAMN TRAIN WON'T MOVE AND oh it's moving now okay I'll report about the movie soon assuming I can still get there

:ohdearsass:

Goons Are Gifts

Oh it's another preview in another cinema but it's the same movie as yesterday Sisu, but this time it doesn't bother me at all, I love seeing this movie again it's so badass!!!,

Goons Are Gifts

He only says two lines in the entire movie and that's in the end mentioning that carrying gold is heavier than carrying money bills

Apart from that and a very important emotional detail the rewatch did not surpris me. Good! Too often I oversee things in movies and only catch them on the second or third watch, but when it comes to grandpa killing nazis hilariously, I'm all ears

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Forgotten, it was really good Korean thriller stuff

Goons Are Gifts

I wanted to check that out, it's fun yes?

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

I wanted to check that out, it's fun yes?

Yeah it's great! Watch closely as it rewards a careful viewer, and in general just a great time. If you're into a loosely similar vibe of a movie, I recommend everyone watch Burning, another Korean psychological thriller. Absolutely beautifully shot, well acted, and dripping with mystery and tension.

sb hermit

Snuff Melange posted:

Yeah it's great! Watch closely as it rewards a careful viewer, and in general just a great time. If you're into a loosely similar vibe of a movie, I recommend everyone watch Burning, another Korean psychological thriller. Absolutely beautifully shot, well acted, and dripping with mystery and tension.

Where did you watch Burning?

Goons Are Gifts

Snuff Melange posted:

I loved Burning, watched it a good three or four times by now, so this sounds amazing

Goons Are Gifts

Tonight I'm watching Pope's exorcist with Russel the Pope Crowe being the exorcist in wild horror because I had a terrible day and want to see loving Russel Crowe beating up demons in a brutal horror way

Oh my god he's taking LATIN in this lol

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 3, 2023

Goons Are Gifts

Für first exorcism russel does in the first scene is him making fun of the demon by saying ohhh you can possess anything you say, anything at all?? Well then possess this pig, show me, ohhh you can't, you're too weak??? Ohhh how bad

and the demon gets mad and does it and the guy is healed and demon in a pig

That's quality horror right here

sb hermit

Für first exorcism russel does in the first scene is him making fun of the demon by saying ohhh you can possess anything you say, anything at all?? Well then possess this pig, show me, ohhh you can't, you're too weak??? Ohhh how bad

and the demon gets mad and does it and the guy is healed and demon in a pig

That's quality horror right here

that actually sounds pretty cool!

Goons Are Gifts

Just finished the movie, it's classic fun horror about demons and exorcisms and it's about Gabriele Amorth, who was an actual exorcist appointed by the pope in Rome and he died in 2016 after more than 70 000 exorcisms so you know this is a real thing and not just a movie about demons

It's not super scary, not too bloody either, it's a joking and fun Russel Crowe as Amorth who beats the crap out of demons and of course there's big bad main demon voiced by the incredible Ralph Ineson and yeah, if that's your thing, watch it, it's funs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mummy Napkin
gonna probably watch The Toxic Avenger tonight. I haven’t seen a Troma movie since college. let’s see if I still like this poo poo.