Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

well, it does look better i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

how will those things ever pass crash safety requirements

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Chard posted:

in middle school i built a dungeon crawler game with items, map, and full-color enemy art in BASIC and that's probably the best computer touching i'll ever do

I am a professional computer toucher and this sounds better than any code I'll ever write.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

shyduck posted:

Seats 8 people comfortably

I bet he can't wait to drive it with all his loved ones, i.e. alone

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

well, it does look better i guess

he just shoved the cybertruck into the subaru outback mold

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

moist turtleneck posted:

Edsel Ford only wished he was so bad at designing cars

Edsels are cool as hell though.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lmao, programmer-rear end tweet.
"Look, we already got the engine, wheels, chassis, even half the body coded, we just redo the back there, change the seats constant to 8 and add a roof rack property. Maybe 1 sprint, depends how long NHTSA takes to review it."
The final joke, though is on me, because slapping a new body on the same ol chassis is how the big car makers do it. (and changing the badges is how they make their 'luxury' models!)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/OfProbability/status/1651661783570980875?t=3t0nJx6fiTV2hd48LpqLtg&s=19

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

You won't care

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Kinda epic and ftw, imo

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

HootTheOwl posted:

Lmao, programmer-rear end tweet.
"Look, we already got the engine, wheels, chassis, even half the body coded, we just redo the back there, change the seats constant to 8 and add a roof rack property. Maybe 1 sprint, depends how long NHTSA takes to review it."
The final joke, though is on me, because slapping a new body on the same ol chassis is how the big car makers do it. (and changing the badges is how they make their 'luxury' models!)

Lol that tweet is 100 percent some computer touches who doesn't understand how cars are built or how unibody structures work.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Saltpowered posted:

How the gently caress does he still not get that accounts like MTA are the product? Nobody loving cares if you have the ideal platform if the people and organizations they want to see aren’t on it.

im sorry the product is saving human civilization

ie doing whatever catturd wants

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Pre-orders of the Roadster began in 2017, with a US$50,000 deposit required.[18] Tesla owners taking part in the referral promotion program began accumulating discounts toward the purchase of a Roadster based on the number of referrals. Those reaching 55 confirmed referrals obtained a 100% rebate toward a future Roadster purchase.[34][35]

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol I hope he has a roadster in heaven now

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I don’t think you can get away with Cyber69

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

you won't care

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Skull Servant posted:

Kinda epic and ftw, imo

Vans own, and are superior to trucks in 95% of use cases, and superior to SUV's in 100%

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

brugroffil posted:

Vans own, and are superior to trucks in 95% of use cases, and superior to SUV's in 100%

they are the superior skate shoe

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

brugroffil posted:

The ford transit cargo van w the high roof is a throne fit for a king

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

blatman posted:

my computer class taught us oregon trail

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

they're trucks, they have a waiver allowing them to drag children across the pavement

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

SorePotato posted:

The ford transit cargo van w the high roof is a throne fit for a king

at least in a cargo van, you can load a ton of drywall or lumber, shut the back doors and not have to worry about it getting rained on or dirty.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

OMGVBFLOL posted:

they're trucks, they have a waiver allowing them to drag children across the pavement

all those barely attached sharp-edged panels flying around at 80 mph seems like great design
it's like a multi-angled guillotine that'll fly off randomly going down the road

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

my computer class did typing lessons and computer basics like saving files and how to use Word

then some days we got to play Oregon Trail or Math Blaster. there would also be one kid who was mad he couldn't take along the thousands of pounds of buffalo meat he shot

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1651690796989689858?t=7VFXJhOQTNsO26ciVHzotQ&s=19

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Then he would've just put it on YouTube instead

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

OhFunny posted:

Just read that dril is on bluesky, so congrats to them for winning the race to be the new Twitter.

what's blue sky

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

HootTheOwl posted:

I am a professional computer toucher and this sounds better than any code I'll ever write.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

lmao they are so obsessed with vanity metrics

views are meaningless, especially since I’m sure they aren’t being reported correctly

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

RC Cola posted:

what's blue sky
jack made a new twitter, currently in beta and invite only

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

isn't this "new twitter" just mastodon

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it's 2023 and we're still prefixing Cyber in front of stuff to make it sound cool

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

if it wasn't for Elon musk nobody ever would've heard of Tucker Carlson or Twitter

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

"Old Twitter" gave protections to LibsofTikTok, they weren't deleting his account ever

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

all those barely attached sharp-edged panels flying around at 80 mph seems like great design
it's like a multi-angled guillotine that'll fly off randomly going down the road

If it ever does make it to market (it won’t) gonna :laffo: when someone hits a small bump or pothole and every single panel is suddenly misaligned and it’s impossible to fix

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

lmao they are so obsessed with vanity metrics

views are meaningless, especially since I’m sure they aren’t being reported correctly

I think a post earlier in the thread stated that a video running for 2 seconds on twitter counts as a view versus 30 seconds on youtube.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

OMGVBFLOL posted:

its always felt to me like just garden variety consumerist fandom. people wrapping up their identity in brands, celebrities, and consumer goods

I think elon pays a marketing company for a lot of it

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

NofrikinfuN posted:

I think a post earlier in the thread stated that a video running for 2 seconds on twitter counts as a view versus 30 seconds on youtube.

I'm certain scrolling past a video counts as a view these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

NofrikinfuN posted:

hahahaha

this is good for advertisers