Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Drinkslinger posted:

Had to get Airplane! after Netflix took it down while I was midway through rewatching it :argh:

They're both on HBO max if anyone was looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I bought some ridiculously overpriced tickets to a reggae music festival near the four corners area because I'm bad with money.

I'm thinking I'm in the wrong business. I should organize festivals.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Since my last post more guitars, some to sell, some to keep

Mid 80s Korean Samick Strat copy with a very poorly done flag paint job, likely a keeper

90s Lotus Strat copy in black, to fix and sell. I've had like 4 of these so far, they're cheap and actually pretty nice when set up properly.

Early 80s Hondo Flying V, also likely a keeper

Earlyish 80s Harmony Strat copy, has been destickered, new strings, set up, and put up for sale

Firefly Strat copy that has amazing features for ~$200 new shipped to my door, but also weights 9 pounds. Still not sure on this one. It's a hell of a lot of guitar for the money, but that weight is just too much for my back and shoulder.

And a box of miscellaneous music related bits

Bought for the top pickup in the 2nd pic which is a 70s DiMarzio, which is needed for another project guitar.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I finally said “gently caress it” and ordered my first electronic drum kit, an Alesis Mesh Surge. I’ve played drums for a total of about twenty minutes in my life, so we’ll see if this is the start of something or a $500 dust collector.

My toddler daughter also loves drums so at least it’ll be an expensive toy for her if I don’t use it :unsmith:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

SgtScruffy posted:

I finally said “gently caress it” and ordered my first electronic drum kit, an Alesis Mesh Surge. I’ve played drums for a total of about twenty minutes in my life, so we’ll see if this is the start of something or a $500 dust collector.

My toddler daughter also loves drums so at least it’ll be an expensive toy for her if I don’t use it :unsmith:

Nice! I looked at the Surge kit as well when I got into it a couple months ago. I ended up taking a Simmons SD1250 home instead though
Ooh and that point I had never played drums in my life. I love it now

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Two pairs of trousers. Feels good (to have trousers).

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Su-VGun kit.

Worked well searing this smoked tomahawk ribeye.

Also some Easter candy. Going to eat this slowly over the week (likely leave it for studio mates on Wednesday).

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
^ ^ ^ What's the big advantage that has over just the regular nozzle for a small propane tank? ^ ^ ^

Content:
4 summer tires. I hate buying tires...they're too drat expensive! Almost $600 for 4 summer tires, plus I'll have to pay like $70-100 for install. I was told when I put my winter tires on last November that my summers were bad, I wish I wasn't so flippant about just agreeing with the shop because I'm genuinely wondering if that's true...they were only three years old, though there were the OEM ones (car is a 2019) so idk, maybe? And both myself and previous owner were good about swapping to winters (it came with a set of winter tires, though I guess it's possible they never used them and had the summers on all year.)

Of course, I'm certain when I get the new summers put on, they'll tell me the winters are bad and need replacing, too, right?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Hard to say. My experience is that OEMs don't last long at all, but your milage may vary. :v:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

^ ^ ^ What's the big advantage that has over just the regular nozzle for a small propane tank? ^ ^ ^

There's creme inside it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

DrBouvenstein posted:

I used to try using a regular Bernzomatic torch I got from Home Depot for searing steaks but it's output was too concentrated in one small spot. I then got a Searzall clone to put on the end of the torch to help dissipate the flame spread, but the output was still wanting. The Su-VGun has both high output and area of effect, which works for my needs.

I'll still use my Bernzomatic for when I need to do fine torching, like Creme brûlée.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I have purchased an absolutely insane amount of stuff recently.

-Frames to mount the 300mm silicon wafers above my desk
-Time zone mouse mat (first mouse mat, can't believe I went so long without one)
-USB KBM switch (finally rid myself of dual keyboards and mice for work laptop + personal desktop)
-New desktop (Fractal North, 7900X, 32GB DDR5, Asus ROG B650E mobo, WD SN850X 2TB SSD, Corsair RM850x PSU, keeping my 1070 at least until 7800XT releases)

New nightstands, Kallax storage, plant, and lamp for bedroom. Also finally put up some wall wart.

Dining table and chairs.

New coffee table. I started redoing my living room during lockdown and stopped before I found a coffee table I liked. I wish this one were lighter in color but literally everything else from every major retailer is worse.

HEPA air purifier. Litter smell wasn't really an issue before but now it's completely gone.

Also flight to Europe for a wedding/2 week vacation in Madrid, Ibiza, and London this summer. First time traveling internationally and my passport was going to expire a couple months after. After I mailed in my renewal, I thought to arrive a day earlier but the timeline is already so tight even with expedited renewal. I should've just put a super early "planned travel date" on the application. :negative:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

I have purchased an absolutely insane amount of stuff recently.

-Frames to mount the 300mm silicon wafers above my desk
-Time zone mouse mat (first mouse mat, can't believe I went so long without one)
-USB KBM switch (finally rid myself of dual keyboards and mice for work laptop + personal desktop)
-New desktop (Fractal North, 7900X, 32GB DDR5, Asus ROG B650E mobo, WD SN850X 2TB SSD, Corsair RM850x PSU, keeping my 1070 at least until 7800XT releases)

New nightstands, Kallax storage, plant, and lamp for bedroom. Also finally put up some wall wart.

Dining table and chairs.

New coffee table. I started redoing my living room during lockdown and stopped before I found a coffee table I liked. I wish this one were lighter in color but literally everything else from every major retailer is worse.

HEPA air purifier. Litter smell wasn't really an issue before but now it's completely gone.

Also flight to Europe for a wedding/2 week vacation in Madrid, Ibiza, and London this summer. First time traveling internationally and my passport was going to expire a couple months after. After I mailed in my renewal, I thought to arrive a day earlier but the timeline is already so tight even with expedited renewal. I should've just put a super early "planned travel date" on the application. :negative:

i appreciate the cat being in some of the pictures, but they should be in all of them!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Blue On Blue posted:

i appreciate the cat being in some of the pictures, but they should be in all of them!

OP has two cats and I need them in all the pictures for size reference.

I've never seen silicone wafers as wall art before. Are they from a project you did?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I brought my Drake posted:

OP has two cats and I need them in all the pictures for size reference.

I've never seen silicone wafers as wall art before. Are they from a project you did?
They're from my time as an electrical engineer. I had a third one but it shattered. These have survived 13 years sandwiched between a pair of $5 bucket lids from Walmart.

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 19:24 on Apr 12, 2023

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Your post finally convinced me to get a KBM, for some reason I thought they were way more expensive. Apartment looks great - what's the litterbox?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It’s a place that you (try to) have your cats pee and poo so that it’s contained and easier to clean up.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

foutre posted:

Your post finally convinced me to get a KBM, for some reason I thought they were way more expensive.

In case you/other goons need a KVM, I'll recommend this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07KN4J2XD

because in addition to sharing keyboard and mouse between personal desktop and work laptop, it also lets me share two monitors. I'm using the 2x2 HDMI version but that brand also has other configs and upgraded USB ports.

Pricier than the one posted by Josh Lyman but a massive upgrade for my WFH setup.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Love that coffee table.

I bought another synth so I can make slightly different beeps. It’s a chunky one.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

foutre posted:

Your post finally convinced me to get a KBM, for some reason I thought they were way more expensive. Apartment looks great - what's the litterbox?
That KBM switch sponsored a Linus Tech Tips video otherwise it wouldn't have been on my radar and I probably would've just gotten one of the cheaper $20 models. As is, this one switches with no lag and has no input lag. It doesn't beep though I had to turn off the Windows device connected sound on my work laptop. I have a BT audio receiver in my car from the same brand that works well so I figured it was worth the extra $10.

I have a Litter Robot 3. They introduced the 4 last fall but the 3 is still available. They're expensive but life-changing and the only reliable automatic litterbox. If you decide to get one, I can send you a referral link which will save us both $25.

Trabant posted:

In case you/other goons need a KVM, I'll recommend this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07KN4J2XD

because in addition to sharing keyboard and mouse between personal desktop and work laptop, it also lets me share two monitors. I'm using the 2x2 HDMI version but that brand also has other configs and upgraded USB ports.

Pricier than the one posted by Josh Lyman but a massive upgrade for my WFH setup.
I have my work laptop connected via HDMI to my monitors and my personal desktop connected via DP. As a result, I didn't really consider a full KVM and this setup works well.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Plane tickets for a wedding in the south... in July
I'm gonna meeeeelllltttt :gonk:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Some authentic american burger dressing for my authentic american burgs

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

His Divine Shadow posted:

It's also good with hot dogs and pasta !

mystes
May 31, 2006

His Divine Shadow posted:

More like americant dressing

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

This rad Lego.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

New hoodie.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
A Bosch GLL 3-80 line laser. Got this model since it can be combined with a receiver and used as a rotary laser too. Two in one.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
What's a rotary laser used for? It looks awesome, and contains the word laser so it's definitely cool, but I can't think of why I'd need a circular one.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I think they are used to protect your jewels so hot ladies in leather have to do gymnastics to get to them? Not 100% though.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

A rotary laser is used for leveling things outdoors, or doing grading. Construction stuff.

This probably explains things better. So this product is like a cross line laser that can be used for the same things as a rotary laser. It's probably not as exact but way more than I need anyway and it will have other uses for indoor stuff.

https://www.protoolreviews.com/rotary-vs-cross-line-laser-interior-installation/

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
used to use em for leveling out big pods of cubicles when I used to build that stuff

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
I think I sold a couple things since I last posted? I hope I did because I bought more.

Hondo H-1111, copy of a G&L F-100.

Bought one of these last September with non working electronics, and it is literally cheaper to buy another than pay someone to fix the first one. BUT considering I now own two of the four I can prove exist, it might be worth it. Keepers.

~1979 Hondo HDLP-2WI. Keeper, factory DiMarzio pickups and in excellent shape save some buckle rash on the back.

Brownsville "Thug" because it was $100 at the pawn shop and should be an easy fix and flip for a few bucks profit. Pic doesn't show it but it is a ridiculous "deep" metal flake.

Palmer Deluxe Series, basically a rebranded Hondo. Floyd Rose bridge that doesn't work, but came with black hardware from the factory. Maybe a fix and flip, but I love the necks on these and the matching body and headstock say "keeeep meeeee". It was also under $100 shipped, with another $22 spent to replace the bridge.

And this for the wall because it's actually painted and was ~$20. Nothing but the finest art for me.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
I don't play guitar, widefault, but I love your posts.

I got a new tee, and it came with some great new stickers for my laptop.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Teach posted:

I don't play guitar, widefault, but I love your posts.

I got a new tee, and it came with some great new stickers for my laptop.

I love all of this

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

This whole time I thought it was milves

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Bought a couple of bags of these cause they were on sale. They're not bad per se but the citrus gets overpowering pretty quickly.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Crush em up and use em to line your margarita glasses :cheersbird:

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

widefault posted:

It was also under $100 shipped

Totally get if you don’t want to reveal your secrets, but where do you find stuff like this for so cheap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

frogbs posted:

Totally get if you don’t want to reveal your secrets, but where do you find stuff like this for so cheap?

Constant checks on ShopGoodwill.com, Guitar Center's used gear section on their website, Reverb, and a few local pawn shops that occasionally have deals. It also helps to have spent too much time learning who made what, what this model is, etc. There's always a chance at a great deal if you know what it is and the seller doesn't.

That said, Shop Goodwill is almost useless now, too many people aware of it. And Guitar Center is a matter of timing, there's a ton of people watching for that deal.