Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Orange Carlisle posted:

doesn't matter what the crowd does when you add all the noise in yourself from the production truck

*A chorus of hair dryers blow*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

TK and the AEW fans callous disregard for wrestler safety has even infected the prestigious WWE performance centre. Very sad to see.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

Because whichever show went second would have a much worse pool and thus not be worth watching.

That wouldn’t be true, though, since they just alternate each pick so it’s not like Raw gets 40 picks up front and then Smackdown goes. Or is it?? Did they make the draft even stupider?

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
They just swap rosters now. Raw becomes Smackdown and Smackdown becomes Raw. The wrestlers like it because they get new coloured t-shirts.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ganso Bomb posted:

That wouldn’t be true, though, since they just alternate each pick so it’s not like Raw gets 40 picks up front and then Smackdown goes. Or is it?? Did they make the draft even stupider?

Not "whichever show went second" in the sense of the brand, I mean the literal show, several days later, in this case, the next episode of Raw. If Becky, Seth, Roman, Cody, Finn, Edge, Lashley, Drew, etc. etc. etc. etc. are all drafted to whatever show they're drafted to on SmackDown, then the next episode of Raw, the draw to watch the episode is "FIND OUT WHERE MADCAP MOSS AND HIT ROW ARE DRAFTED!"

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Looking forward to them accidentally posting the draft results on WWE.com before announcing them on TV, as is tradition.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1651911836248186882

They're bringing in college kids, promising them they'll be WWE SUPERSTARS and destroying their bodies while paying them pennies. This is...pretty hosed up.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

norman smiley does most of the training

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

The Big Wiggle is going to be how everyone in NXT walks with no ligaments in their knees

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wonder if NXT makes them any money. They never make any stars from it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s never been about making money it’s about stopping other people from making money

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Invalid Validation posted:

I wonder if NXT makes them any money. They never make any stars from it.

It does. Not much, but the ONLY reason it's still on cable in this embarassing state is because USA is paying them for it.

It did a 0.18 and 14th place this past week, which is....I dunno. Fine? :shrug:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s never been about making money it’s about stopping other people from making money

Like who?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Other promotions who might grow if they had access to the talent pool that WWE has done everything it can to try and hoard over the last 10-15 years or so, especially while they were the only game in town?

This is what NXT has always been, sign up anybody who’s anybody and then who really cares beyond triple H when he was booking it as his vanity indie, the whole point was denying places like ROH their biggest stars.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

It does. Not much, but the ONLY reason it's still on cable in this embarassing state is because USA is paying them for it.

It did a 0.18 and 14th place this past week, which is....I dunno. Fine? :shrug:

A .18 is really good and well up from what it usually does.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Other promotions who might grow if they had access to the talent pool that WWE has done everything it can to try and hoard over the last 10-15 years or so, especially while they were the only game in town?

This is what NXT has always been, sign up anybody who’s anybody and then who really cares beyond triple H when he was booking it as his vanity indie, the whole point was denying places like ROH their biggest stars.

Yeah, it's like when Fox made that lovely Fan4stic movie and didn't really mind that it bombed. It seemed like they were even planning on doing a sequel because as long as they did that, they were keeping the property away from Disney for another bunch of years.

Not that it worked out, but that was the idea.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/PAWSDetroit/status/1651964489980583937

Love that Big E.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
some classic workplace bullying here

https://twitter.com/otd_in_wwe/status/1651925695348473857?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, I know why you can't, but at that point, why not fight back, he was fired basically immediately after this anyway, wasn't he?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MJeff posted:

Man, I know why you can't, but at that point, why not fight back, he was fired basically immediately after this anyway, wasn't he?

Because he's giving up 6 inches and like 50 lbs and Bradshaw probably hadn't exposed as the fake tough guy that he is

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

probably told him he wouldn't be fired if he went through it and then just fired him anyway

Hey, remember when Britt Baker showed up to an NXT show and the camera pointed her out so AEW would punish her, but all they did was roll their eyes at WWE for being psychotic and thinking it was worthy of punishment and called her "Britt Bakers boyfriend's girlfriend" to make fun of it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Robbie's TNA appearance was in March (right before Mania weekend), Rory tore his pec in February, and both were fired in August

quote:

Robbie later said in an interview that "I was very unhappy in WWE, and in retrospect I think it [showing up at TNA] was kind of my way to get fired."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Im robbie

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I was honestly expecting this to be way stiffer than it was

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MJeff posted:

Not "whichever show went second" in the sense of the brand, I mean the literal show, several days later, in this case, the next episode of Raw. If Becky, Seth, Roman, Cody, Finn, Edge, Lashley, Drew, etc. etc. etc. etc. are all drafted to whatever show they're drafted to on SmackDown, then the next episode of Raw, the draw to watch the episode is "FIND OUT WHERE MADCAP MOSS AND HIT ROW ARE DRAFTED!"

There's so many easy ways to fix this.

Divide the talent pool into tiers, and half of each tier gets picked on each show. That way you can have 50% of the top guys drafted on Smackdown and the rest at Raw. You can easily build drama around it too and make it into a storyline where someone isn't happy about their tier and wants to fight someone in a higher tier for their spot on the draft show before the draft, or a tag team is split into different tiers (since they love their "can they coexist" stories) or some poo poo.

Like this is with 5 seconds of thought, and they can't come up with something good with a room full of writers and bookers?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's way more complicated than what they're doing. The draft pool they use is fine. These people can only be drafted on day 1, these people can only be drafted on day 2. It's easy.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Because he's giving up 6 inches and like 50 lbs and Bradshaw probably hadn't exposed as the fake tough guy that he is

Brawl For All was in 1998 though?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

There's so many easy ways to fix this.Like this is with 5 seconds of thought, and they can't come up with something good with a room full of writers and bookers?

They're too busy trying to figure out who's responsible for 9/11

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

I was honestly expecting this to be way stiffer than it was

yah for a JBL as punishment match that was not that bad. Gnarly spinal tap though

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

Brawl For All was in 1998 though?

I think getting ktfo by joey styles was afterwards though

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Codependent Poster posted:

That's way more complicated than what they're doing. The draft pool they use is fine. These people can only be drafted on day 1, these people can only be drafted on day 2. It's easy.

I mean if they've already spread the talent around so that both pools have top names as well as Madcap Mosses, then that's pretty much what I suggested.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think getting ktfo by joey styles was afterwards though

Oh yeah I had forgotten about Styles.

I just love the Brawl For All was set up specifically to own JBL.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

There's so many easy ways to fix this.

Divide the talent pool into tiers, and half of each tier gets picked on each show. That way you can have 50% of the top guys drafted on Smackdown and the rest at Raw. You can easily build drama around it too and make it into a storyline where someone isn't happy about their tier and wants to fight someone in a higher tier for their spot on the draft show before the draft, or a tag team is split into different tiers (since they love their "can they coexist" stories) or some poo poo.

Like this is with 5 seconds of thought, and they can't come up with something good with a room full of writers and bookers?

That's just what they're doing with extra unnecessary hats on it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FINISH THE STORY

https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1651960799148081154?s=20

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

kick the football cody come on we're all holding it for you

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

get the rock's eyes on this headline immediately

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
@WrestleVotes tells @GiveMeSport, reports Louis Dangoor

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I've heard loads of stories about JBL picking fights with people smaller than him, bullying writers and taking advantage of people in wrestling matches where if the other guy fought back they'd be fired. But every time I hear a story about JBL getting into a straight square go he gets knocked the gently caress out in humiliating fashion.

He's like the platonic ideal of a bully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Barry Bluejeans posted:

@WrestleVotes tells @GiveMeSport, reports Louis Dangoor

Ill believe anything that feeds my cody derangement syndrome from any twitter