Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I literally have no idea what Elon’s advertisers are trying to sell me these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Wait, you're not interested in an EnVision Nexus Multimode Plate Reader?

I thought it was a dishwasher at first lol

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

smellmycheese posted:

I literally have no idea what Elon’s advertisers are trying to sell me these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

What, don't you all do mass DNA assaying in your spare bedroom for your side hustle of CRISPR modification of model lab organisms?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

it is tagged drug discovery, that's a meth easy bake oven isn't it.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

smellmycheese posted:

I can't imagine why this company would advertise this on Twitter. It's used to image cells and other small things in drug development, cancer research, etc. I see used ones for around $14,000, but even pre-owned most are "price inquire only".

https://www.perkinelmer.com/library/cell-imaging-and-luminescence-based-cytotoxicity-analysis-using-the-ensight-multimode-plate-reader.html

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Dirt cheap ads are dirt cheap ads.

.random
May 7, 2007

working overtime to get #microplate trending :f5h::f5:

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Probably one of those black box advertising/SEO companies. "Don't worry about advertising! Let us worry about advertising!" Meanwhile your ad is running on Phub, an electronic billboard in Iowa, and Twitter.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You made other people search for it, so it successfully drove traffic. Job done.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

So something awful is a more viable advertising platform than twitter?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The subforum headings probably give better targeting data for advertisers than whatever crap is being generated by Twitter now.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

The Saddest Rhino posted:

So something awful is a more viable advertising platform than twitter?

kind of yeah? I've def bought things because I learned about them on SA. can't say the same for Twitter.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Gotta admit, Twitter did manage to get one rube to spend $44 billion dollars

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Light Gun Man posted:

kind of yeah? I've def bought things because I learned about them on SA. can't say the same for Twitter.

Yeah but on the other hand that spine we all bought for Lowtax ended up being about as bad as an investment as Twitter.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Magnetic North posted:

Yeah but on the other hand that spine we all bought for Lowtax ended up being about as bad as an investment as Twitter.

posting online and feeling spine

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/esqueer_/status/1651968154317250560?s=61&t=rNtrpvscbteUHnEnX_SJeg

He’s gonna have to jump over there to keep stalking Grimes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
More likely his lawyers have confiscated his phone before he says something libellous.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What are the chances we start seeing that Bluesky mentions or links to it or anything get blocked on Twitter today.?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Speedboat Jones posted:

What are the chances we start seeing that Bluesky mentions or links to it or anything get blocked on Twitter today.?

This is actually why he's probably quiet too busy watching the person tasked with making it make the code (you ever try and code with someone watching?)

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS

smellmycheese posted:

Here at PerkinElmer Life Sciences’s world headquarters, research has been proceeding to develop a line of automation products that establishes new standards for quality, technological leadership, and operating excellence. With customer success as our primary focus, work has been proceeding on the crudely conceived idea of an instrument that would not only provide inverse reactive current, for use in unilateral phase detractors, but would also be capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters. Such an instrument comprised of Dodge gears and bearings, Reliance Electric motors, Allen-Bradley controls, and all monitored by PerkinElmer Life Sciences Software is PerkinElmer Life Sciences Automation’s "EnVision® Nexus™".

Now, basically the only new principle involved is that instead of power being generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes, it’s produced by the modial interaction of magneto-reluctance and capacitive diractance. The original machine had a base plate of prefabulated amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fan.

The lineup consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzelvanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that sidefumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus o-deltoid type placed in panendermic semiboloid slots of the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the ‘up’ end of the grammeters. Moreover, whenever fluorescence score motion is required, it may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm to reduce sinusoidal depleneration.

The EnVision® Nexus™ has now reached a high level of development, and it’s being successfully used in the operation of milford trenions. It’s available soon; wherever PerkinElmer Life Sciences products are sold.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

goatface posted:

More likely his lawyers have confiscated his phone before he says something libellous.

Lol yea right sure “now” is the moment he starts taking advice

No way jose

He’s probably passed out after being strung out posting at 4am for three days straight

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
Ads for science equipment I can't afford and am not responsible for making purchasing decisions about are much better than ads for luxury homes and vacations I can't afford.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I bought one

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

pixaal posted:

it is tagged drug discovery, that's a meth easy bake oven isn't it.

Yup. It's for mom's shake & bake cook. And I helped!

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Tiny Timbs posted:

I bought one

you're on a federal list now

I mean, a different one than the SA users list we're already on

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Slam Pajamas posted:

Here at PerkinElmer Life Sciences’s world headquarters, research has been proceeding to develop a line of automation products that establishes new standards for quality, technological leadership, and operating excellence. With customer success as our primary focus, work has been proceeding on the crudely conceived idea of an instrument that would not only provide inverse reactive current, for use in unilateral phase detractors, but would also be capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters. Such an instrument comprised of Dodge gears and bearings, Reliance Electric motors, Allen-Bradley controls, and all monitored by PerkinElmer Life Sciences Software is PerkinElmer Life Sciences Automation’s "EnVision® Nexus™".

Now, basically the only new principle involved is that instead of power being generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes, it’s produced by the modial interaction of magneto-reluctance and capacitive diractance. The original machine had a base plate of prefabulated amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fan.

The lineup consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzelvanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that sidefumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus o-deltoid type placed in panendermic semiboloid slots of the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the ‘up’ end of the grammeters. Moreover, whenever fluorescence score motion is required, it may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm to reduce sinusoidal depleneration.

The EnVision® Nexus™ has now reached a high level of development, and it’s being successfully used in the operation of milford trenions. It’s available soon; wherever PerkinElmer Life Sciences products are sold.

:wtc:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I can't imagine why this company would advertise this on Twitter. It's used to image cells and other small things in drug development, cancer research, etc. I see used ones for around $14,000, but even pre-owned most are "price inquire only".

https://www.perkinelmer.com/library/cell-imaging-and-luminescence-based-cytotoxicity-analysis-using-the-ensight-multimode-plate-reader.html

I know why: loads of scientists use Twitter to talk to each other and share their work

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Scumbag posted:

Dirt cheap ads are dirt cheap ads.

Dirty ads done dirt cheap

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

holtemon posted:

Wait, you're not interested in an EnVision Nexus Multimode Plate Reader?

I thought it was a dishwasher at first lol

Lol at av

Please make this the new mod Star

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
I find it wild that users on these forums, where there is presumably broad consensus that social media ought to be more strictly regulated, contort themselves into being cool with a new social media company’s user-unfriendly TOS.

Also, Dorsey getting goodwill for being “not Musk” gives me real post-Trump “Bush Jr. wasn’t so bad” vibes.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Slam Pajamas posted:

:viggo:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

What, you've never read technical sales literature before?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

mobby_6kl posted:

That doesn't work if there's videos on youtube from 2014

i've got tesla lawyers next line of argument: google's in on the conspiracy they hate elon musk because he's a danger somehow to their search and ads business. did you know you can just change values in a database for a video? youtube has also been letting bands update their old music video with 2K/4K/8K options without changing any other metadata. therefore they've been letting 100 subscriber youtubers upload elon musk videos and claim they're from 2014

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Strong Sauce posted:

i've got tesla lawyers next line of argument: google's in on the conspiracy they hate elon musk because he's a danger somehow to their search and ads business. did you know you can just change values in a database for a video? youtube has also been letting bands update their old music video with 2K/4K/8K options without changing any other metadata. therefore they've been letting 100 subscriber youtubers upload elon musk videos and claim they're from 2014

I think you cracked it, Tesla's FSD (definitely coming by the end of the year) is a threat to Google's Waymo taxi thing

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
just a simple humble billionaire against the world

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

smellmycheese posted:

Bookmarking this in case I ever do phenazepam or some other Russian RC.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Your honor, footage from yesterdays trial is obviously a deepfake, so everything should be strickened and forgotten about upto me standing up 10 seconds ago.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I just love the logic of "because my client's statements could be deepfakes we can't ask my client under oath if they actually made those statements."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Your honor I think you'll find simulation theory is irrefutable so you can't belive anything that happens ergo this trial is pointless