Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
also the view count will constantly go up on posts in private accounts with zero followers

also that time that elon musk posts got 60k instant views the moment they were posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

this is on the front page of imgur right now

the bazinga man has lost reddit

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Consummate Professional posted:

lmao they are so obsessed with vanity metrics

views are meaningless, especially since I’m sure they aren’t being reported correctly

I wonder how much money tucker earned off of those views... what's that, none? there is still no revenue share from twitter? weird

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

this is on the front page of imgur right now

the bazinga man has lost reddit

he's lost reddit for a bit now, the only subs that still fawn over him are Tesla-owner specific ones

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

RC Cola posted:

what's blue sky
So see the guy who sold twitter to an idiot for 44b dollars, started a new company to gently caress the idiot over even more. And maybe sell it to him again for 44 more billions.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
that's a very flattering photo of him.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

err posted:

Yeah, and playing Drug Wars

Was that the game you could play on a TI-83? Some kid in Sec V had that, good way to kill time.

Local HS in late 90s also taught QBasic for computer science. I hosed around and never really learned what subroutines were, and mashed together an unholy code with 2300+ lines to make a horse betting simulation. Got top marks but weirdly the vice-principal chastised me for promoting gambling lol.

Anyways,

What's more likely: Elon is eventually humbled and just washes his hands of Twitter, or Elon continues to double-down and starts handing off Tesla/Space-X responsibilities. I know the former is seemingly impossible, but his pathetic fixation with social media garbage will inevitably undermine his influence and impact elsewhere yeah?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1651953179976777728

This is why Elon Musk is a revolutionary genius. The other car makers is now copying his brilliant ideas and moves he did with Tesla

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Poco posted:

Lol that tweet is 100 percent some computer touches who doesn't understand how cars are built or how unibody structures work.

we found another musk burner?

moist turtleneck posted:

also the view count will constantly go up on posts in private accounts with zero followers

also that time that elon musk posts got 60k instant views the moment they were posted

tbf those metrics might not be juiced, elon broke private accounts and posts a bit ago and they were randomly showing up on suggested and 'for you' feeds

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Saw this in a discord I'm in -

quote:

Got some hot Musk gossip from my new coworker who used to cater for Tesla, apparently he didn't allow anyone in the company to order cauliflower.

Use this information as best you can.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
oh I don't know if I posted it in this in one of the old musk threads but here's some gossip that will not shock anyone:
tesla's management is completely dysfunctional.

Being a little vague here to avoid revealing info that can track this back to my friend, but
I know someone who works for a company that supplies something to Tesla. A bit ago this supplier was blamed for something that couldn't be their fault -akin to 'the rubber on the windshield wiper is why our batteries have been exploding! We demand you prove the negative or we'll kill the contract'

Tesla wanted full SOP review and the right to modify all of their supplier's policies and conduct audits of the supplier's facility that went way beyond industry standard and otherwise acted like the biggest fish in the pond.
Part of getting this solved included multiple meetings with Tesla management, and in every loving meeting the tesla folks were constantly sniping eachother. Just constant bickering. They were a big enough contract the company had to at least humor them, but not big enough that the threats actually got them anything.
Unsurprisingly no one in any of the meetings had worked for another automotive company, so didn't know how the industry does QC.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/AlexJayBrady/status/1651987276509990914?t=O7Sojt1RJqp0k-vEJbgRyw&s=19

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

ars technica is now on mastodon https://mastodon.social/@arstechnica

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Wow! How much money does that 60m views translate to?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Saw this in a discord I'm in -

well eating cauliflower is communism so this tracks

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

The Maroon Hawk posted:

well eating cauliflower is communism so this tracks

discriminating against white vegetables? concerning

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
first its cauliflower then whats next? diane feinstein?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
please do not eat diane feinstein, that's how ancient diseases that haven't been seen for centuries come back

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

cauliflower is perhaps the most underrated vegetable, so good roasted in oil with salt + pepper

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Tucker Carlson tweeted Olivia Rodrigo's "Traitor" and Billie Eilish's "Happier Than Ever" while complaining about "fake friends" late into the night.

If it wasn't for @ElonMusk, the tyrants at Old Twitter could have very well suspended Carlson's account or DMCA'd the videos, keeping us from knowing how not mad he is. By cutting the moderation team to shreds, he can be assured his voice will be heard on New Twitter.

The handcuffs are off.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

the handcuffs are off

the chains have captivity have been broken

tonight....he is free

*bitchin' guitar wail*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lggf4uBYLsg

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Before Elon people couldn't post on the internet.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

1glitch0 posted:

So few understand this

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

cauliflower is perhaps the most underrated vegetable, so good roasted in oil with salt + pepper

v yes

also excellent in a veggie curry

and then there's cauliflower cheese

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

1glitch0 posted:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Party Boat posted:

v yes

also excellent in a veggie curry

and then there's cauliflower cheese

hell yeah i put roasted cauli in my dal, call it dal-iflower

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

NeonPunk posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1651953179976777728

This is why Elon Musk is a revolutionary genius. The other car makers is now copying his brilliant ideas and moves he did with Tesla

Love all the bluechecks in the replies saying this is “woke”. These companies are going to nickel and dime people to death for things like using the car they bought and half of America is going to be blaming it on gay people existing we are so hosed

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/Hannah_bmbmbm/status/1651856978225004544?t=OcPde4APWU4_RvdQNe7H-w&s=19

Blue sky features being limit tested and explored

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Am I too late for school laptop chat? Ours got a few Apple eMates, and no one wanted to use them, because they looked like a green butt:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

elon doesnt care what reddit thinks he cares about what the checkmarks on twitter think

Plastic Megaphone
Aug 11, 2007
No more credit from the liquor store.

Case BlueSky

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nazis love to block what is that person talking about.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Love all the bluechecks in the replies saying this is “woke”. These companies are going to nickel and dime people to death for things like using the car they bought and half of America is going to be blaming it on gay people existing we are so hosed

That and claiming this will be used to enforce lockdowns.

I don't know how people got it into their heads that this somehow wouldn't work with IC vehicles.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol jack will make a true twitter killer

https://twitter.com/ashleygjovik/status/1651687596425191424

WhyteRyce has issued a correction as of 23:14 on Apr 28, 2023

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

All of these assholes spending all this time and money and not understanding I'm too broke to buy anything.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

twitter rules bluesky drools

speng31b
May 8, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

twitter rules bluesky drools

heard that tweets are called skeets on bluesky

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Have we considered banning all social media?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

You are suppose to do this after your platform gets popular. Rookie mistake.