Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Phenotype posted:

So for anyone who's gotten a decent ways into the campaign, what's the gameplay balance look like? I liked fighting stormtroopers and droids in the first one but hated fighting random wildlife, and the parkour stuff seemed like a pointless obstacle designed solely to keep me from getting through the fun parts too fast, so I stopped playing Jedi Outcast after a couple hours when I realized the majority of the game was gonna be stuff that I didn't like.

I've finished it and there's more fighting humans but also more platforming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Mr Hootington posted:

Do for consoles players who are actually playing the game, is it pretty good so far?

it's good

'mo & mullet & headband gang

:madmax:

Weebly posted:

Running smooth on a series X beyond it making my Xbox sound like it’s taking off
Yeah, running pretty well other than two or three seconds of texture load in during the cutscenes, otherwise pretty smooth playing on quality mode.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I got my pink saber and my pink droid, but where's my pink poncho?!?!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:hellyeah: The closer we get to the Space 70s the better

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Can you not make your double lightsaber blades different colors or am I just not figuring out how?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"Press Z, then [UNBOUND]"

loving amazing

And you can't bring up the pause menu to bind it, so you gotta alt-tab out

:allears:

Running well enough with medium settings on a 1050 laptop, so I'm happy enough with it

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

lol this broad again. whatsamatter Shrek, sick of having the other hand, too?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I can’t believe people with a chipset that has e cores is still running windows 10 but I also can’t believe they didn’t test for that poo poo and fix it.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

10 Beers posted:

Can you not make your double lightsaber blades different colors or am I just not figuring out how?

you can not

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I thought you could fine-tune the difficulty? I want the parry timing and enemy aggression of grandmaster without the incoming damage. The damage you take at that difficulty is actually stupid.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
My LG C1 is not playing nice with the HDR on PS5. Hopefully this is patched soon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

back in my day we had to wait 5 minutes for a level to load in Doom and it ran at 12 fps AND WE LIKED IT

This unironically on games that were loaded from tape drives.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

loving GOALS LMAOOOOO

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well that's dumb. Cal isn't even a real Jedi, he should be going outside the limits and doing cool stuff like that.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Strong Thomas Jane in Boogie Nights vibes

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Captain Hygiene posted:

Well that's dumb. Cal isn't even a real Jedi, he should be going outside the limits and doing cool stuff like that.

He isn't? I seem to recall him being knighted by a Master in Fallen Order.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Ah well! I only just got to the first planet but I'm enjoying it so far.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

He isn't? I seem to recall him being knighted by a Master in Fallen Order.

I thought that there was some reason he wasn't. But I'm probably just misremembering jokey discussion from the old thread or something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

From what I've heard you get it quite late in the game

Ok this is wrong. You get it not too far in the main story, on the 3rd planet.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Captain Hygiene posted:

I thought that there was some reason he wasn't. But I'm probably just misremembering jokey discussion from the old thread or something.

He wasn't a Knight as he hadn't completed the trials but a council member can decide to skip them if they have shown ability in the field (aka Obi-Wan in Eps 1) and Cere was at least able to speak as a council member.

Pen Expers
May 3, 2006

Pillbug
Quick yes/no Coruscant question, Are the red doors accessible now or is that something for newgame+/ returning to the area? I'm resisting reading a walkthrough guide, but since I'm not that far into it yet I'll just start over and look harder if yes.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Necrothatcher posted:

I've finished it and there's more fighting humans but also more platforming.

Aw, that's disappointing. I really want to like these games, but the devs have made a lot of purposeful choices that are just fundamentally at odds with what I want. Like, they've decided that the platforming is a significant part of the Jedi experience, and I just hate it so much. I just wish they'd have made a more standard Souls-like that doesn't really use the jump button very much, or make you climb anything but a short ladder.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Holy poo poo the Spawn of Oggodo is the trashiest loving enemy.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

free mustache rides

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Pen Expers posted:

Quick yes/no Coruscant question, Are the red doors accessible now or is that something for newgame+/ returning to the area? I'm resisting reading a walkthrough guide, but since I'm not that far into it yet I'll just start over and look harder if yes.

Yeah, you return much later in the game for them.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]
I'm enjoying the game a lot so far. I'm on PC and haven't really seen much of the performance issues people are talking about. Coruscant was a little laggy at times but I'm getting 60-80 FPS on the second planet.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Loving the color options for the clothing

Game's good fun

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
The framerate fluctuations bring me back to the 7th generation. Lot of jank then, lot of jank now.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Aw, that's disappointing. I really want to like these games, but the devs have made a lot of purposeful choices that are just fundamentally at odds with what I want. Like, they've decided that the platforming is a significant part of the Jedi experience, and I just hate it so much. I just wish they'd have made a more standard Souls-like that doesn't really use the jump button very much, or make you climb anything but a short ladder.

The one thing I don't understand is that they have done good platforming - the traversal was generally great back in Titanfall 2, I liked it better than the actual mech stuff. It felt fluid in a way that Fallen Order and presumably Survivor don't really hit.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Phenotype posted:

The game you want is the force unleashed. What you get here is crevice squeezing 2: squeeze more.

ARRGHPLEASENONONONO
Feb 5, 2001

On PC at 4k the big issue seems to be some sort of texture or data loading issues. Mostly ok, lower FPS than I'd expect but consistent 50+. Massive stuttering when getting into open areas but rapidly stabilizes. Going into the tears/trials has horrible stuttering and fps (sub 10 I think but I wasn't keeping track) for the first few seconds but then completely stable even when restarting the trial. I don't think it's the high VRAM usage that people have been mentioning as I'm on a 3090 with 24GB.

Overall performance is below expected but works fine. Combat is fun so far, even the massive difficulty spike with the first mine subquest boss. Don't know if it'll hold my attention until the end but it's fun so far.

The rebuilding shaders on game startup every time is a bit annoying though.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The technical issues are a real shame because on the merits this is a very strong sequel and definitely one of the best Star Wars games out there. Really enjoying it so far - what a great week to open up a real banger summer for games.

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008
Are the performance issues tied to users that are still on Windows 10 and below? It seems like they specifically called that out in their "we are working on it" post. Totally unacceptable for those still on those older OS's to have performance issues but I am like the above posters and am holding down in the 70-80 fps range with RT on at 1440p on Win 11 with a 3080 ti. Definitely seeing a few dips here and there but it is nowhere near as bad as what that Skill Up video was showing where he couldn't even hold 60 fps on a 4090.

ARRGHPLEASENONONONO
Feb 5, 2001

pootiebigwang posted:

Are the performance issues tied to users that are still on Windows 10 and below? It seems like they specifically called that out in their "we are working on it" post. Totally unacceptable for those still on those older OS's to have performance issues but I am like the above posters and am holding down in the 70-80 fps range with RT on at 1440p on Win 11 with a 3080 ti. Definitely seeing a few dips here and there but it is nowhere near as bad as what that Skill Up video was showing where he couldn't even hold 60 fps on a 4090.

I'm on Windows 11 with a 5900x and the game is on an SSD. There is clearly something weird going on with at least the asset loading.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Having a blast on PS5. I was playing on the virtual 2D screen of my PS VRs while my wife used the tv and, well that up close to my eyes, the first time I wrecked some dude with a lightsaber was a huge holy poo poo moment. Gnarly. The combat is great, weirdly like super fluid more forgiving dark souls. I don’t remember having as much oomph or fluidity in the combat in the first game.

The first level scenes are wild. What a set piece. Gritty as gently caress.

Performance mode seems great. There are some minor slow downs when there are a lot of people on the screen (seems to be friendly NPCs not combatants.. might be an AI resource hog thing?).

Can’t wait to get to the rest of the game tbh.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
What is it with Respawn and uncompressed audio, jeez louis.

8 hours to go.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Maybe the game tanks it but 1-2 hours in and I love these characters.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I tried a bunch of settings combinations from low quality at 1080p to epic quality at 1440p and the performance remained the same level of bad no matter what (Windows 11, 2080 Super, SSD and 16GB ram).

I've refunded it for now but I really hope they fix it fast. There's too many great games coming out over the summer.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Lmao this loving rancor fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I'm not having major performance issues but once I hit the first area with significant draw distance on Koboh that FPS noticeably dropped to sub-30 in some spots. Lots of fun so far but I figure the only thing saving that is that I'm running it on a 3090/Ryzen 9 5950X/64gb RAM.