Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
H.R Giger would be proud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Mandy on Pathfinder 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqzh4G9baik

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

This is a good video. There's going to be a lot of analysis in the coming years about the way the early shutdown period of the COVID-19 Pandemic caused such an inflammation of parasocial attachments when everyone was desperately flailing around for some sort of human interaction. The thing where a small group of corporations are slowly killing off content they don't personally like by filtering app access has been discussed a lot before, but it is pretty depressing to remember and consider.

Also, I sure hope that poster who can apparently sense the mention of Edelgard anywhere in the cosmos and will manifest to call any discussion of her "war crime apologia" doesn't detect that Sarah Z mentions wanting to kiss her at the end of this video.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
I saw a few good videos yesterday. Dankpods reviews an accessible watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqh5yxfvr4A

Four trans people watch and react to Adam Sandler's Jack and Jill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c01hHVGMjo

Maggie Mae Fish falls down a shady rabbit hole of "off grid living" Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIcnCaVsYFI

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Sorry for the double post, but Illuminaughtii put out a video about the recent drama with Legal Eagle, hbomberguy, and others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDV71uqk_Gs

Mr.Radar fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 28, 2023

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Mr.Radar posted:

Sorry for the double post, but Illuminaughty put out a video about the recent drama with Legal Eagle, hbomberguy, and others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDV71uqk_Gs

I’ve heard the first paragraph of the video and oof. Buckle in. :munch:

Edit: Nm this is really boring and I think about random other Twitter drama.

Edit: Now it’s about some random persons grooming allegations? I think there’s some sort of context Im missing?

Edit: they shouldn’t have made this.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 28, 2023

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

TheMightyBoops posted:

Edit: Now it’s about some random persons grooming allegations? I think there’s some sort of context Im missing?

So the context I am aware of that was discussed in this thread: last week Illuminaughtii took to twitter to @ Legal Eagle and take a swipe at them for perceived plagiarism and coerced content theft. This pretty immediately turned out to be nonsense, the shared effects were bog standard video effects used in documentaries and news stories for decades and not solely done by either of the two channels, and in most cases LE had already been doing them for years themselves. The "coerced content theft" was an editor for Legal Eagle messaging someone on Illuminaughtii's team and asking if they used a specific plugin for some effect and was taken as a bullying tactic (i.e. "hey let me know how you did this or I'm just gonna figure it out and steal it anyway") but was legitimately just...someone from the same industry asking "how'd you do that cool thing?" and nothing underhanded.

My guess based on the first few minutes, the allusions to long past drama and your thing about grooming allegations is that -- in addition to the usual twitter nonsense she probably got for briefly being the main character -- is that some people from her past used this as an opportunity to dredge up a lot of old poo poo and ugly allegations. I have only gotten through a few minutes myself and thought the Legal Eagle apology was right on tone, the hbomberguy thing was maybe a tad defensive given her own initial lashing out, I haven't gotten to any of the aforementioned grooming stuff yet and may dip before too long since I don't really have context or history with the channel to really need that addressed, but I guess ymmv

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

probably not a good idea to have made this video but she did a good apology+clearing up on the plagiarism thing at least. her old friend group sounds like a bunch of backbiting shitbirds and she honestly didn't need to respond to that stuff lol.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Ivypls posted:

probably not a good idea to have made this video but she did a good apology+clearing up on the plagiarism thing at least. her old friend group sounds like a bunch of backbiting shitbirds and she honestly didn't need to respond to that stuff lol.

Yeah this first 5 minutes makes sense and then they air out like 40 minutes of personal dirty laundry about people that shouldn’t have been said on a public YouTube channel.

Edit: the wildest thing is that when their friend needed a car she took out a loan for a 60 thousand dollar car and then got surprised when it went badly.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 28, 2023

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

TheMightyBoops posted:

I can't think of a single time that these kinds of videos have worked as intended for the person making them. The best move when you embarrass yourself online is a brief boilerplate apology post and then moving on like nothing happened.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
let her cook

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Listening in the background while I play some wingspan, and I keep thinking "Holy poo poo, why are you speaking about any of this?" Then she actually shows the dude's dirty laundry he left in the car she was buying for him. WTF? :psyduck:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

12Tone, who does musical analysis, has a video on Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0su7FiNLVg

I really hope people watch this, so they get an understanding of just how loving amazing a song it is.
And yes, I'm the person who genuinely liked the song, even when it was at the top of being a bad meme song.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fun hater posted:

let her cook

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Saddest Rhino posted:

That xenomorph has moobs

I saw that movie, it had a cool skull train.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ain't watching but lol.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

TheMightyBoops posted:

Yeah watched more and...wooooooffff

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I've enjoyed done of her videos but I'm not giving three quarters of an hour of my time to whatever that is.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

TheMightyBoops posted:

Edit: the wildest thing is that when their friend needed a car she took out a loan for a 60 thousand dollar car and then got surprised when it went badly.

That bit baffled the hell out of me. A BMW? Really??

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
What has to even happen to somebody's brain for them to think releasing a 45 minute explanation video is the proper response to saying something stupid on the internet? What is loving wrong with people???

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A “fun” zefrank video about parasitic fungi that take control of insects:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdaYRSW76Mg

Cordyceps getting insects to climb to a certain altitude and then spouting a fruiting body from their corpse makes it one of the less gross and horrifying fungi to be featured in this video!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"I repossessed my editor's car" is something you should only tell people if they're waterboarding you Holy poo poo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheMightyBoops posted:

ahahahahahahahaha

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

TheMightyBoops posted:

Yeah this first 5 minutes makes sense and then they air out like 40 minutes of personal dirty laundry about people that shouldn’t have been said on a public YouTube channel.

The overwhelming impression I get from the video and a few of these people doing tweet thread is that these are a bunch of white kids who lived out their embarrassing degenerate twenties online and now are airing all that dirty laundry in public. Which has got to be a loving nightmare because now stuff like "that time I got high and made Derek drive my car home and he crashed it and my partner got pissed" is now like a twitter thread with a bunch of dumb randos commenting on how brave you are for taking care of your mental wellness.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i'm not gonna click that video but lol i assume i'll be reading up on this whole thing in some /r/OutOfTheLoop entry some time later when there are even more responses and videos about that whole car poo poo

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1652112743179120648?s=20

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Mr.Radar posted:

I saw a few good videos yesterday. Dankpods reviews an accessible watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqh5yxfvr4A

Dank is good, Frank is good, can recommend his other channels

Also his mate James (the chill car mechanic who helps rebuild wrecked cars) has his own channel. The first vid is making a portable SNES... and confirms that no, James isn't the 'sane man' of the duo, he's just a calmer form of chaotic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbvp3kuU2ak

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Guy A. Person posted:

The overwhelming impression I get from the video and a few of these people doing tweet thread is that these are a bunch of white kids who lived out their embarrassing degenerate twenties online and now are airing all that dirty laundry in public. Which has got to be a loving nightmare because now stuff like "that time I got high and made Derek drive my car home and he crashed it and my partner got pissed" is now like a twitter thread with a bunch of dumb randos commenting on how brave you are for taking care of your mental wellness.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think a lot of this stuff doesn't need to be aired out on social media like this. Airing out that dude's clear mental health crisis was low

also, I have no idea whose idea the $60 grand car was but at no point did anyone go "hey maybe the guy who is clearly going through Some poo poo shouldn't be on the hook for a $600 a month car payment +associated insurance costs of a luxury vehicle". She admits it was a mistake, but like, how did no one think this though

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 29, 2023

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Happy Landfill posted:

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think a lot of this stuff doesn't need to be aired out on social media like this. Airing out that dude's clear mental health crisis was low

also, I have no idea whose idea the $60 grand car was but at no point did anyone go "hey maybe the guy who is clearly going through Some poo poo shouldn't be on the hook for a $600 a month car payment +associated insurance costs of a luxury vehicle". She admits it was a mistake, but like, how did no one think this though
If people had a habit of thinking things through, there wouldn't be schadenfreude.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
I need to start some more needless interpersonal drama just in case I ever have to use it to follow up an apology with, to show I'm actually very nice.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Another Veredis Joe video on Velma and also Meta humor in general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC0WUuY_QVA

Y'know, when you describe it like that, all of these shows sound insufferable

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I had this set aside to read at some point but never got to it because it's really long and fell into my backlog, but I finally got around to it and it's a fascinating look at the Archie Sonic comics that Ken Penders worked on. I remember liking the ones I was able to find as a kid, and still have some of them...somewhere, but I guess I never reached the point where it got REALLY stupid.

I read every Sonic comic by Ken Penders, and they’re wilder than you could ever imagine by Bobby Schroeder

rooting around their page a bit, seems they do rundowns of every single sonic comic, but went on hiatus in 2021 because they started working on Lesbian Animal RPG.

the medium article is wild, I'm still reading through it, but it talks about Ken Penders's extremely boomer takes on racism, women, young people vs old people, and his obsession with knuckles. also apparently there was straight up Knuckles Hitler, Nazis The Dark Legion, a Kristallnacht scene, and a misquoting of the "and then they came for me" but about hedgehogs and echidnas. knuckles is also literally echidna jesus

it's all so wild. I knew a tiny bit of how crazy ken penders was, and saw some of his new series of not-knuckleses with utterly horrifying artwork after he won that lawsuit against sega that resulted in the archie comics series getting killed off, but I didn't know about all this poo poo

quote:

One night, before Knuckles was born, the echidna God showed Locke a vision of his adult son battling a giant robot. Locke was so spooked by this that he decided he had to perform dangerous genetic experiments on himself to turn his offspring into a mutant superweapon. After his wife, Lara-Le, laid Knuckles’ egg (they’re echidnas, remember), Locke took the egg and blasted his unhatched son with dangerous Chaos Emerald radiation in the hopes that it would give him superpowers.

This whole backstory is lovingly summarized by fans as “had a bad dream, better microwave the baby.” This story is also why Knuckles has mutant knuckles.
:psypop:

and just a plethora of lovely dads. like wow, all the sonic dads are awful

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://youtu.be/ZStkUxC4iL4

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

D'Angelo Wallace returns to deliver the bald truth on a balding man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIHHv5eQmwE

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
ken penders is insane it rules lol

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It will never ever fail to blow my mind that he got the rights to his Sonic OCs.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ariong posted:

It will never ever fail to blow my mind that he got the rights to his Sonic OCs.

he thinks he owns the rights to the concept of knuckles having a dad

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

cybershell did a netlore ep on penders a bit ago and while calling his illustration work on regular humans beyond basic superhero pose pieces "good" is a bit of a stretch, it's really funny that he's so fixated on his Archie OCs despite being far worse at drawing them, even and especially after their redesigns.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he thinks he owns the rights to the concept of knuckles having a dad

And made some noise that he was thinking about suing Paramount for Knuckles having a dad in the second Sonic movie. It won't happen, but I'd love to see it happen.

The only reason he won his lawsuit with Archie is because Archie is loving incompetent and Sega didn't give a poo poo. That wouldn't happen with Paramount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Captain Invictus posted:

I had this set aside to read at some point but never got to it because it's really long and fell into my backlog, but I finally got around to it and it's a fascinating look at the Archie Sonic comics that Ken Penders worked on. I remember liking the ones I was able to find as a kid, and still have some of them...somewhere, but I guess I never reached the point where it got REALLY stupid.

I read every Sonic comic by Ken Penders, and they’re wilder than you could ever imagine by Bobby Schroeder

rooting around their page a bit, seems they do rundowns of every single sonic comic, but went on hiatus in 2021 because they started working on Lesbian Animal RPG.

the medium article is wild, I'm still reading through it, but it talks about Ken Penders's extremely boomer takes on racism, women, young people vs old people, and his obsession with knuckles. also apparently there was straight up Knuckles Hitler, Nazis The Dark Legion, a Kristallnacht scene, and a misquoting of the "and then they came for me" but about hedgehogs and echidnas. knuckles is also literally echidna jesus

it's all so wild. I knew a tiny bit of how crazy ken penders was, and saw some of his new series of not-knuckleses with utterly horrifying artwork after he won that lawsuit against sega that resulted in the archie comics series getting killed off, but I didn't know about all this poo poo

:psypop:

and just a plethora of lovely dads. like wow, all the sonic dads are awful

The knuckles stuff really does get the focus of the Ken Penders weirdness but the thankskenpenders blog goes into a lot of detail about how Penders wasn't like, the end all be all of weird gross poo poo going on with those archie comics despite how fun it is to have a singular target to point at and exclaim "What the gently caress, Ken?!" in exasperation because holy poo poo is there a lot of weird stuff in those comics, even in the stuff Penders had absolutely nothing to do with. Penders just tended to be the absolute peak of it all, like his weird obsession with getting the last word in on who the fictional teenage squirrel hosed first; sonic, or his creepy adult furry OC. It's an interesting read at least if you have an interest in loose summaries of some of the older archie stuff though.