Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

JBP posted:

Wat colour lightsaber is everyone's favourite? Pink is fun but I have to go with green as my favourite.

White

Black would be pretty badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

So if I have an RX 570 8 GB from 2019 I should just avoid this for a while? I don't need 60 fps but I'd like it to be playable.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
So uh, I just met Bode. His voice sounded familiar. Was wondering if I was being too optimistic

Nope! It's Noshir Dalal, who plays Charles in Red Dead Redemption 2 and Kotallo in Horizon Forbidden West

It is a good day

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Played through the prologue on PS5 and so far I haven't seen any major graphical issues. It's gotten a bit laggy a couple of times on performance mode and BD's idle animation got a little twitchy at one point, but otherwise it plays fine and HDR looks good. Game is a lot of fun too, I like that you start with most of your powers from before.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Boop

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Went with the white saber because I feel Cal would use Trilla's after purifying it ala Ahsoka

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I love each and every one of these dumbass battle droids.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

VanillaGorilla posted:

Lmao this loving rancor fight

That thing was a motherfucker

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So if the PS5 version is Just Fine then I may as well get that if I decide to get it because I doubt that this is one of those games that I have to make look good as possible.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Y'know, I wouldn't mind loading corridors so much if they all had a gonk droid strung up by its feet hanging in them

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Unlucky7 posted:

So if the PS5 version is Just Fine then I may as well get that if I decide to get it because I doubt that this is one of those games that I have to make look good as possible.

Seems like that is also setup dependent I’ve seen a fair few PS5 complaints (particularly with HDR), but it seems like it mostly runs ok on performance mode?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Found an outfit with a cape. GOTY.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Captain Hygiene posted:

Y'know, I wouldn't mind loading corridors so much if they all had a gonk droid strung up by its feet hanging in them

I was upset that i couldn’t help them.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Dpulex posted:

The game you want is the force unleashed. What you get here is crevice squeezing 2: squeeze more.

Hah, that was exactly how I wanted to describe it, feels like Kratos and Boy squeezing through a crevice only longer and more involved.

I probably shouldn't get this game, but I'm still on the fence. Is it true that Blaster stance gets the Bloodborne gun parrying??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APAhj43xOSk&t=227s

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Merrin. :allears:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

NeurosisHead posted:

That thing was a motherfucker

His moves were all really easy to parry/avoid, he's just rough because if you fight him as soon as you can he hits for 80% of your healthbar.

Definitely Oggdo Bogdo 2.0

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lol, I forgot about Oggdo Bogdo, a notably stupid name even by Star Wars naming standards

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

His moves were all really easy to parry/avoid, he's just rough because if you fight him as soon as you can he hits for 80% of your healthbar.

Yeah, he's easy once you get some stims. He's just hard at the very beginning because you can only take a couple hits (and JFO didn't exactly have the tightest controls).

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

One thing that makes him much easier: Even though he doesn't flash red, don't try to parry the stomps. Just jump, you can be right in his hitbox and they'll do no damage as long as you are in the air.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if I hit a bug or if the PS5 just over heated after playing for about 10 hours straight (it was left paused a bunch while I did other stuff, but it was on that long), but I activated a short cut and the screen went solid green and my ps5 shut down. Everything was cool an bug free the entire time before that.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, I forgot about Oggdo Bogdo, a notably stupid name even by Star Wars naming standards

There’s a man named Dexter Jettster. Oggdo Bogdo is fine.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Soonmot posted:

I don't know if I hit a bug or if the PS5 just over heated after playing for about 10 hours straight (it was left paused a bunch while I did other stuff, but it was on that long), but I activated a short cut and the screen went solid green and my ps5 shut down. Everything was cool an bug free the entire time before that.

It got tired. You try running a game for 10 hours - I bet you'd be tired too!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I got distracted, but I wanted to say that I'm having a real good time after a couple hours with the game. A few stuttery bits, but nothing that's enough to kill my enjoyment. It actually does remind me of Force Awakens with you having your powers from the beginning and then getting new cool moves on top of that. Lots of fun.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

SirSamVimes posted:

One thing that makes him much easier: Even though he doesn't flash red, don't try to parry the stomps. Just jump, you can be right in his hitbox and they'll do no damage as long as you are in the air.

This makes him even easier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1f3FgaVwiI

If you don't mind about 10 minutes of cheese:
You can bait him over to the edge by falling into the arena and immediately backflipping. Then put on a good youtube video and boomerang your lightsaber into him every 20 seconds or so. Fun game.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]
The fights that can be trivialized by just force pushing the enemies off a cliff to their deaths are so loving funny every time

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SirSamVimes posted:

On the other hand Spawn of Oggdo is complete horseshit. I guess that’s supposed to be the point but still

EDIT: Apparently you can squeeze between the crate and the wall and spam lightsaber throw to cheese him

RatHat fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Apr 29, 2023

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
"Blocked path" always means come back later right?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah red doors mean either it opens from the other side or you do not have the means to open it.

There was one section with rocks marked as red doors, and later on I busted a path back to that section which allowed me to bring bombs in there and they turned yellow because I could now bring bombs in there.

Pen Expers
May 3, 2006

Pillbug

VanillaGorilla posted:

Lmao this loving rancor fight

I got immediately wrecked like 5 times in a row so I guess I'll come back to that later, lol.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It took me about half a dozen tries, but I didn't fine with the rancor even though he was one or two-shotting me. You can block most of his attacks and jump when he does the ground pound thing.

Edit: in general, this game seems better about letting you block attacks from big monsters.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So far fighting monsters has felt much better than it did in Fallen Order and fighting humanoid enemies is just as much of a delight as ever.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

heard one guy's voice and went through the motions of "is that Alpha from Power Rangers? wait, no, it's Raz. are those the same guy??" so that's how I figured that out

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Weirdo frog seems like a cool dude

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Got my lightsaber edition and put it together with my other toy Cal/Joro saber, goty for me

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Pen Expers posted:

I got immediately wrecked like 5 times in a row so I guess I'll come back to that later, lol.

You just need to stay away from it and jump the ground slam attacks. I died five times I reckon, then I took my time being patient and it wasn't hard. Not being greedy and maintaining some space makes it doable when you first get the quest.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You don't even need to stay away, everything except the stomps, the ground pound and the grab are very parryable.

If you have the jump attack with single saber, the stomps are just free damage.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

SirSamVimes posted:

You don't even need to stay away, everything except the stomps, the ground pound and the grab are very parryable.

If you have the jump attack with single saber, the stomps are just free damage.

I mean it made it easy for me to not have to parry unless I absolutely had to. Seemed to also bait it's charge which is just free hits.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oops posted in the wrong thread

so far i haven't found a hairstyle/facial hair that can possibly match the power of mullet + big mustache. i look like a trucker and i cannot take anything cal says seriously at al

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Phenotype posted:

Hah, that was exactly how I wanted to describe it, feels like Kratos and Boy squeezing through a crevice only longer and more involved.

I probably shouldn't get this game, but I'm still on the fence. Is it true that Blaster stance gets the Bloodborne gun parrying??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APAhj43xOSk&t=227s

I’m going to answer this even though I haven’t gotten this ability in the game yet. I saw a fextralife video that talked all about it as being a top stance because you can keep blastering a dude while strafing or repositioning to keep their stun bar down, and yes use it for a way to break attacks. It sounded pretty amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i don't have the skill yet but it has a skill where you hit triangle when someone is attacking and it looks like they just instantly die. so far it's my favorite stance, it's just SO stupid. i love it