Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Heaven let your light shine down!

All the heads that came with this guy are rad, and it's hard to pick a favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I don't know anything about Infinity but these guys look cool

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

this is gonna be a pickup for me; i've thinned out my collection considerably but i have Broly and Turles and I've decided I'm going to go with a non-canon movie villains display because when I was a kid I would rent the VHS movies and run them into the ground. Janemba is all but confirmed at this point

that said if anybody has a regular Cooler they're willing to sell at non scalper prices let's talk

edit: lmao $120?? nvm

JoeGlassJAw fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 28, 2023

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’ll probably end up getting one, but that’s way more of a steeper price than I was expecting.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gripweed posted:

Not bad but I'll wait till the werewolves on motorcycles faction gets made.

Ahh the US Ariadna Recon Force, otherwise known as the US ARF.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Not bad but I'll wait till the werewolves on motorcycles faction gets made.

Ahh the US Ariadna Recon Force, otherwise known as the US ARF.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/235208?o=4

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

^^^Can't wait for those and the Vet Kazak!

Gripweed posted:

I'm biased, but I firmly believe Infinity has some of the strongest / most quality sci-fi world building that's out there. It's a tremendous IP. It's worth picking up the old rulebooks just for the lore, IMO. They are based out of Spain so the translations can be a bit rough, but if you look past that it's awesome. One of the founders (Fernando) is a huge history buff, and pulls from so many different corners of the world to create the IP. There were lots of times I didn't know / understand what a unit name was, did some googling, and wound up going down a really interesting rabbit hole about our own world. Apply that knowledge to the framework of the game universe it becomes a really awesome package.

It's also the best tabletop game by a huge margin, imo.

And yeah, those look rad AF!

Edit: Margot and Duroc (Red Riding Hood / the Big Bad Wolf) above are a decent example of something pulled from our real life (although it's a fairy tale), and applied to the game in a thoughtful / realistic manner.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 28, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I remember when I first saw the models I was super intimidated by them because they have so many little panels and different textures. Now they've gotta be one of the easiest ranges to get really good results with just Contrast/Speedpaint.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Ailinna Toy Store on AliExpress has a bunch of JoyToy figures for sale right now, this includes Warhammer stuff, looks to be around 60% off

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1102524352?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000007.1.5e615de46tuyFh

EX : Sister Ludwenna is ~$38 US https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...randl_shipto=US

I ordered my steel legion figures from them and shipping has been incredibly fast. Figures were boxed and though shipped in a bag didn't have any problems.
It is AliExpress though, so your experience may vary, and make sure to read everything and to get the right figure for the price you expect.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Anyone else getting constant PM's from admins on SideShow Collectors for donations? ( Now apparently customonesixth.com )

It's not helping their cause, I haven't been on the site in years, which they know...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sideshow Collectors/Freaks still exists but they split off the custom section a few years ago.

That's dying now because nobody knows about it and they've started begging.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Yeah I’ve been getting those pms too.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

$120 (plus tax and loving $10 shipping) for Meta-Cooler is absolutely re-god drat-diculous.

And the P-Bandai page has pictures of up where he's been duplicated hundreds of times with PhotoShop as if anyone can afford to army build that poo poo.

Hard pass for me.

They did reveal the Spidey 2099 from ATSV today on their IG though and he looks pretty cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Has anyone seen the NECA Gargoyles Brooklyn or Broadway in stores yet? I asked a guy in target but he couldn’t find them in the system.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The_Doctor posted:

Has anyone seen the NECA Gargoyles Brooklyn or Broadway in stores yet? I asked a guy in target but he couldn’t find them in the system.

I don’t think they’ve been released yet in general though it should be very soon.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The_Doctor posted:

I saw Broadway at my LCS a couple days ago.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Found this on Kickstarter. Looks pretty cool. Backed it on the cheap level.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fantasydesigns/modular-display-case-3d-printable

Please note I am not associated with these people whatsoever. I just saw a way to make cool shelving and wanted to share.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rad!

https://twitter.com/danyunistrying/status/1652133450676051968?s=46&t=XKmPLZmtP2VDww9m9owYwA

I have been going so hog wild on old Marvel Legends the past couple days that I’m at the point where I’m thinking “I need to fuckin’ cool it,” but I got some sweet deals on some big-ticket items that I look forward to showing off.

One interesting detail is, I have been trying to track down a couple of the Target exclusive retro X-Men that I now regret not buying at retail… but the Gambit figure is actually still available at regular price off the Target website. The rest are long since sold out but he’s still just hangin’ out in stock, and still cheaper straight from Target than the lowest eBay price I could find.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Which retro X-Men are you still needing? A LCS near me has the Rogue still in package for I think $30 or so, and they may have others too. I know they have a loose Colossus, which is probably tough to find now.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Which retro X-Men are you still needing? A LCS near me has the Rogue still in package for I think $30 or so, and they may have others too. I know they have a loose Colossus, which is probably tough to find now.

I did already get a good deal on Rogue (right around $30), she’s kind of a frustrating one to shop for because there are like thousands of them out there, it’s not rare in the least, but every single person selling one thinks they’re sitting on the loving Maltese Falcon and they are listed at like $60. So it took some patience to get one at a reasonable price.

I ticked off most of my wish list at this point but I don’t have a Colossus locked down yet so that’s a maybe.

Edit to add: I’m still actively pursuing the Bishop figure from the Sauron BAF wave, hoping I can find one for under $40 but he tends to be pretty pricey. I’m watching a couple auctions and might try and snipe one but I don’t expect to win.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 29, 2023

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I managed to snag the thanos I wanted (the old select one I had). I think that just leaves blackheart for the entire (available) marvel side of mvc2.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Hot Toys announced a trooper from Jedi Survivor. I really hope this means we will get a Cal Kestis. I also feel pretty confident that Cal will show up in live action one of these days. So if not now, then.

Edit: the game is also using one of my favorite trooper designs, the Patrol Trooper from Solo. A good excuse to post a photo.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 30, 2023

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

X X X

Storm had some wobbly joints, feels a little more flimsy than most ML's, and the cloth cape is a little on the janky side, but she looks great. The details on her costume could have been painted on but it's all molded instead. Nice head sculpt.

The VHS Cyclops figure is an incredible piece of engineering all around, very impressive to hold and pose, but the paint job is goofy. I spent a lot of time trying to scrub off the cell shading, which mostly worked, but the stuff I was using seemed to dissolve the plastic more easily than the paint, so it didn't go that great. I think ultimately I will want to touch him up with some blue and yellow paint for a more consistent overall finish, maybe tone down the brightness of the yellow a little too.

Jean is just a slam dunk. Gorgeous figure!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Joe Fisto posted:

Hot Toys announced a trooper from Jedi Survivor. I really hope this means we will get a Cal Kestis. I also feel pretty confident that Cal will show up in live action one of these days. So if not now, then.

Edit: the game is also using one of my favorite trooper designs, the Patrol Trooper from Solo. A good excuse to post a photo.

Pah, never mind Cal, give me a Merrin. And the cool Aussie not-Kit Fisto lady who just showed up.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sentinel Red posted:

Pah, never mind Cal, give me a Merrin. And the cool Aussie not-Kit Fisto lady who just showed up.

:hai:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
A fancy chair makes for a nice accessory.

Sentinel Red posted:

More toys. Yes please.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Went out at lunch to get the new Lego X Wing, and when I got back two cool things were delivered!

Very excited for Second Form Goku, the figure looks great!

Hot Toys Endgame Thor should also be good.... I bought Endgame Iron Man when he was on sale on Sideshow, so my idea has been to get Thor and Cap to along with him for a little display. They're the only 3 Marvel Hot Toys I plan on getting, so when Thor went on sale a week ago I picked him up.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Nice! I also got that Goku today!

He's big. Easily the tallest Dragon Ball figuarts I have. Fat Buu probably has him beat on overall size, but this one's imposing. Didn't expect it to be quite so large.

It's going to be a long wait 'til September for the Third Form to show up.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1653181650384330755?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

So what is it?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

So what is it?

CRIMSON GUARD MOUSE PAD

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

CRIMSON GUARD MOUSE PAD

MOUSE PAD!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ahh christ, it even says on it, didn’t see that. :doh:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Got an email from Haslab for all the Hiss tank backers, mostly it was some art and a picture of the Hiss tank with some words from Destro.

https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/haslab-preview/g-i-joe-classified-series-cobra-h-i-s-s-haslab-backer-update

You can see it there.

Lots of speculation that in June we might hear of another Haslab project, potentially one for a Joe vehicle.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Look at this handsome lad

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I also got big devil Goku on Friday. A wonderful figure. Only thing that could make it perfect would be an energy effect or two.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I also got this gigantic thing.

It's not as heavy as you might think it would be. That grey canopy is really inexcusable Todd. I have seen a lot of people doing a matte repaint of it, and I think I will do that over the summer. Matte looks better in Gotham, and it will fix the grey canopy problem. All in all, I guess it's just about as good as it could be for the price.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

Look at this handsome lad

Such a great figure. Did you end up throwing the Gambit and Psylocke heads on the other bodies too?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Such a great figure. Did you end up throwing the Gambit and Psylocke heads on the other bodies too?

Not yet. Trying to figure out if I want a yellow and blue team or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Joe Fisto posted:

I also got this gigantic thing.

It's not as heavy as you might think it would be. That grey canopy is really inexcusable Todd. I have seen a lot of people doing a matte repaint of it, and I think I will do that over the summer. Matte looks better in Gotham, and it will fix the grey canopy problem. All in all, I guess it's just about as good as it could be for the price.

Got mine today too from Amazon. I have another in order limbo from GameStop and if I get it I'll have a go at fixing this one. Don't want to gently caress it up and have nothing to display.