Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Conspiracy theory: the original video looks okay but doesn't stand up to scrutiny if people can pause, rewind, analyze individual frames, etc. but when it is just a button camera video of a device playing said video, it isn't clear enough for the bullshit to be definitively shown, so we're gonna get the Logan Paul version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Been reading all this as Aaron Paul and getting increasingly bewildered

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he should put the tape up in the Nick Diaz fight.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Slavvy posted:

Been reading all this as Aaron Paul and getting increasingly bewildered

Yo, Gatorade show me the footage bitch

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

DiScLoSuRe iS cOmInG lAtEr ThIs YeAr, a twitter thread
https://twitter.com/HighPeaks77/status/1651702749590089730

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

this is gonna be like the Calvine photo where its kinda cool but completely indecipherable as to whether it's truly anomalous or not

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Folks upthread seemed to enjoy WhyFiles and hadn't heard of it.

It's loving great. He introduces the fun stuff as fact, complete with cliff-hanger commerical breaks (without commericals, more often than not!) and then debunks/examines the story behind the fun towards the end of the video.

If you want to wade into the woo or get REAL FUCKIN MAD, just stop the video before he gets to the lame part where he examines the facts. This will allow you to logon and share your unfiltered opinions about

THE GODDAMN TRAGEDY OF DULCE BASE AND THE TRAITOROUS DOTY

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

euphronius posted:

definitely have seen her / them

space tits

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Hallucinogen chat has me REALLY curious about therapeutic uses, since it turns out there’s a ketamine therapy operation not to far from me and multiple people itt have gone so far as to call it life changing. Cleveland Clinic is also apparently running trials for other psychedelics to treat depression, which is neat.

I’ve only ever tried lsd and mushrooms before, each with similar-yet-substantially-different results. The through line of both was that I felt an overpowering notion that I was in the right place at the right time, accompanied by mild visuals, and at least in regards to psilocybin I believe my exact words were “I don’t think it’s physically possible for me to be angry about anything…”. Acid was a little less transcendental and just made me feel really at peace while making smash bros the most engaging leisure activity I’ve ever experienced.

Lolling now that I remember you used to be able to buy salvia at gas stations. Now THAT was something else. I remember staring at my friend’s face, watching it morph into a hallway full of turtles, and “tasting” the time on the clock.

if you are actually seriously curious buy and read the book “PHIKAL”

i am harry has issued a correction as of 05:05 on Apr 29, 2023

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

DiScLoSuRe iS cOmInG lAtEr ThIs YeAr, a twitter thread
https://twitter.com/HighPeaks77/status/1651702749590089730

Based on where various parts of the government have been on all this recently etc I think they are probably right that some major stuff is going to happen by the end of the year, the problem is they all seem to assume that means we are getting disclosure. I think it is much more likely that gov stakeholders previously kept in the dark are going to get disclosure and very less likely any of it makes it way to us the wider public. Obviously whatever group(s) have all the information made the decision that the public cannot know and have been reaffirming that decision for decades, I see no reason that new people with largely the same motivations and positions of power learning the truth aren't going to come to the same conclusion that the public cannot know. What we have to hope for is that the new, more populated ship springs a bunch of leaks and stuff makes its way out to us.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.

i am harry posted:

if you are actually seriously curious buy and read the book “PHIKAL”

PIHKAL by Alexei shulgin loving owns, it's why I got into chemistry

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

it’s why I’ve got a bunch of baby San Pedro cacti growing next to my weed in the shed

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i am harry posted:

it’s why I’ve got a bunch of baby San Pedro cacti growing next to my weed in the shed

mine all fuckin died when they were tiny knobs i wish u luck

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i have a peruvian torch seed packet i have never tried to germinate

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Weird how every major alien invasion movie doesn't start with political strife dividing the ruling crust of humanity

Weird how disclosure is imminent, election year is nigh, and the establishment is trimming the political extremes from the primary modes of public discourse

Weird how BLAH BLAH BLAH THE HEAD BITES THE TAIL BABYLON IS FALLEN, BABYLON TRANSCENDS, etc etc etc

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Saw a bright glowing blue streak in the sky tonight. Superfast, not a helo or a plane on the usual flight paths overhead. Other witness agreed it was either too fast or too low to be something explainable.

Face to face with the unexplained and the inevitable revelation that will lead to our species' collective enlightenment and/or utter destruction and I'm like,

It's Friday night on planet labor constrictor. Give it a loving rest or give it your fuckin' all. Useless freaks.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

i am harry posted:

I've got a bigass bunch of these but I tried turning them into something useful and all I got was a disgusting sludge that did nothing

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Slavvy posted:

I've got a bigass bunch of these but I tried turning them into something useful and all I got was a disgusting sludge that did nothing

turn on your monitor

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
Yeah, San Pedro have extremely variable alkaline content that changes throughout not just the day, but sections of the plant as well, and on top of that some are just duds

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

New badspace, and it's a doozy

https://www.badspacecomics.com/post/paradise-found

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

yea that sounds about right

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If aliens are just demons than I still have a right to see the footage. Maybe even a god given right

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Somehow I’ve never clicked the Bad Space links when they were posted before, but this is exactly the kind of thing I live for. Gots me some weekend reading to do.

Speaking of comics semi-related to this thread, does anyone remember a webcomic from like, 2006 called… I think it was Slow Wave? The premise was soliciting descriptions of dreams users had, and then illustrating them in a short comic. I always thought that was a neat idea.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Punch the tapes out of him like a video game boss

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Slavvy posted:

well you’re just supposed to make a tea with the peeled skins not ratatouille

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

i am harry posted:

well you’re just supposed to make a tea with the peeled skins not ratatouille

Cacti contain mucilage so making a tea with them will always turn into goop

The easiest is to dry them then do a limonene extraction so you don't have to deal with a disgusting sludge, only a small qty of mescaline extract.

The tea method is more for lophs I think

e: apparently you can make trichocereus tea too, just need to strain it. Must be incredibly bitter though.

SpaceGoatFarts has issued a correction as of 16:24 on Apr 29, 2023

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Somehow I’ve never clicked the Bad Space links when they were posted before, but this is exactly the kind of thing I live for. Gots me some weekend reading to do.

Speaking of comics semi-related to this thread, does anyone remember a webcomic from like, 2006 called… I think it was Slow Wave? The premise was soliciting descriptions of dreams users had, and then illustrating them in a short comic. I always thought that was a neat idea.

The guy has real talent for interesting concepts. Some are a bit tropey while others are incredibly original but they all are done and told well. It's like somebody is making a bird thread webcomic. I always get excited when a new one comes out.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

ufo hovering directly outside of witnesses window

NUFORC posted:

It was early September (date is approximate), and I was 15 at the time. I had my bedroom shades down about 3/4 of the way, and the two windows in my room opened to meet the bottom of the shades. We lived on the second floor of a two family house that was set back off the street about 100 yards and on a hill. My bedroom was in the front of the house and the windows overlooked the front yard, driveway, and the street. There was also a street light on the other side of the street.

I was woken up around 2:30 in the morning because of a loud rustling in the trees. When I opened my eyes, I noticed blinking red lights outside my window. At first I thought it was a fire engine out on the street, but realized that I didn't hear the loud idleing engine that a fire engine has. So, I got up out of bed to look out the window. When I got to the window, I wasn't able to see the street, the street light, or the houses across the street. I was met with a row of lights that were slowly blinking red then changing to white and red again, on the side of a gray object, that was level with the window. I saw what seemed to be the bottom edge of the object, and it appeard to be oval. The object just hovered there for a few minutes without making a sound. There was no movement in the trees; and the silence was deafening.

I backed away from the window, scared, and went back to my bed; never taking my eyes off the window. When I was back in bed, I noticed that the lights were also visable in my other bedroom window which was on the same wall and approxiimately five or six feet right of the first window. After a few minutes, the lights stopped, and I noticed the glow of the street light coming in the window again. There was no noise of any kind when the lights stopped.

I never went back to sleep that night, and as soon as it was light outside, I went out into the yard and street to look around. Nothing seemed disturbed or out of place. I asked my parents and neighbors if anyone heard or saw anything during the night, noone did. I explained to my parents what I saw, and they brushed it off as just being a fire engine; but I know that it wasn't.

really wish the witness had been more descriptive about the turn, like did the axis snap to the direction of travel or did it stay to the same or what

NUFORC posted:

Rosedale is a small village north-east of Toronto, Ontario. My parents had a trailer in a park there for summer use. This evening, I was outside by myself (unfortunately) just taking in the evening air before returning to our home in the city. At the time, I was a university student and have since gone on to become a Laboratory Technologist.

Anyway, I was looking up in the night sky at the millions of stars one can only see in the country away from city lights when I spotted something rather strange. I was looking east,across the river and above the treeline at what appeared to be a slow-moving oval object.I put "cylinder" as the shape of the craft because it wasn't really "cigar" shaped as it was thicker than what I think of as cigar shaped. It seemed to be a soft red/orange color, not really "glowing", just a soft orange light. I don't know how big it was because I don't know how high up it was but it must have been fairly large because when it got to about a 70 degree angle from me, it stopped and then made a 90 degree angle from it's initial direction and seemed to follow the river in a northerly direction going extremely fast. It seemed to follow the curve of the earth and I could follow it up until the time it met the horizon up river. There was no sound until it made the 90 degree angle and moved away rapidly and then there was a "whoosh" as it displaced the air. Can't explain what it was.

boiling ring of light appears, moves across 40 degress of arc, and then disappears

NUFORC posted:

A thin, perfect circle of silver light appeared northeast of my position. As I observed the circle, it began to fill in with a faint golden light. The light filled in the circle with irregular "rivulets" of golden light until the circle glowed a uniform golden color, not unlike that of a full moon except that it was perfectly uniform with no "craters" or surface imperfections. It was about the size of a nickle held at arm's length and about 30-35 degrees off the horizon. I had a clear view with no obstructions. The circle of golden light was well defined at first. It then began to slowly increase in brightness until it appeared to "boil" with the boundaries becoming indistinct. It then began to move in an arc toward the North maintaining a uniform elevation above the horizon. I then began to notice that it was decreasing in brightness slowly as it moved. It lost brightness uniformly until it was once again a distinct circle of light. It continued to slowly move toward the North until it was no longer visible. It moved a total of approximately 40 degrees of arc in 10 minutes or so. No sound was apparent.

black saucer w/ shadowy figures moving by portholes

NUFORC posted:

The saucer shaped craft was in a field, 100-150 ft. off the road ( a country road ).The craft was houvering about 15-20 ft. off the ground , with a very bright white eminating from the top section up into the sky . As we watched the white light withdrew back into the saucer,colored lights came on around the circumferance of the craft .Blue , red, yellow, green, started to flash in different sequences .There was no sound heard at all , from the craft .Then lights came on inside the top half and we could see porthole like windows now . We could see shadows pass by the portholes at times , but never saw whomever was operating the craft . Without a sound the saucer slowly started to move upward , to just above the trees , the lights inside stayed on and the saucer very slowly moved away staying just tree top high .

strange "empty" cone of light

NUFORC posted:

One evening when I was returning from classes at the local college, I was driving west on M Street that at that time led back into town from where the college was located on the outskirts. Merced is located about six miles, I believe south, from Castle Air Force Base, which at that time was a SAC base.

It was very dark, as there were no street lights yet erected, and very little housing along the road.

As I approached town I looked to my right, and out in the field there appeared to be a cone of light shining down from somewhere high in the sky. My heart started pounding, so I pulled over to the side of the road, and rolled my window down to see if it was possibly a helicopter of some sort. The cone of light was devoid of light in its center, which is a little hard to explain just how it appeared to me. It was as if only the edges of the cone were lighted, and the interior was hollow.

It was static, never moved as far as I can remember, but every exact in its appearance. I sat and watched it for several minutes, never hearing any sound at all. I assumed any helicopter would have made a sound, but all was silence.

Merced at the time was a very small town, and there were no cars on the road, or foot traffic on the road that night.

I sat there entranced until all of a sudden the cone of light sucked up into itself ... just disappeared as if it had never happened. With my heart still pounding, and shaking like a leaf, I started the car, drove to my parnets house, and woke my dad up from a sound sleep.

I insisted he call the air base to see if they'd spotted anything unusual on their radar, or if they'd received any more reports of a strange sighting. I spoke with them myself then, and they assured me nothing unusual had been reported, or sighted ... I still, to this day, don't believe them, because I know what I saw, and didn't hear.

I can remember how eerily calm the night was, and how totally enchanting the sight was to see a hollow cone of light shining down from high in the sky onto nothing, only a few hundred feet from my car. As a photographer I'm usually very observant, critical, and attuned to trusting my eye. There was definetly something strange in the sky that night for me to remember it so vividly today.

Since ... I have seen an irregular triangle of lights hovering above the 405 freeway on the way back from Mexico, and a strange brilliant flash of green light that covered most of the sky, as far as the eye could see, in the area around the San Onofre nuclear plant, and another time coming over what is commonly know as "The Grapevine", a section of what is now Interstate Five between Los Angeles, and Bakersfield.

My daughter, and I both witness a bright red light bouncing all over the sky. On the other two occassions my daughters also witnessed the phenomenem

siblings woken up by flash of light associated w/ cigar

NUFORC posted:

My sister and I had gone to sleep for the night, when we were awakened by our room filling with light, as if a giant flash bulb had gone off in our window. Our heads were at the window. We looked over towards each other curiously, and then wordlessly, we rolled over, slid up the wall and peeked out of the window. I saw a cigar shaped, hovering, metal looking thing with evenly spaced lights running along the side. I think they were red, or redish. It stayed for a second or two and then left quickly at a rate of speed that I'd never seen before. It was out of sight in a matter of 2 or 3 seconds. We went downstairs and told our Mom. She said that it was probably a barium rocket that they were using to test the Aurora Borealus out at Poker Flats rocket testing range north of town.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheZignal/status/1652337866351992833?s=20

e:
You don't need to be super familiar with open government communication to realize how much of a "gently caress you do your job" this letter reads as

Good Soldier Svejk has issued a correction as of 18:17 on Apr 29, 2023

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Debriefmedia/status/1652357299502043143?t=Wa1DxOgMqX8orcNvvOLuAg&s=19

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

BREAKING NEWS
UAP · OCTOBER 19, 2022

:dafuq:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

coffee machine broke, it took a bit to get the post up.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Victor Vermis posted:

Folks upthread seemed to enjoy WhyFiles and hadn't heard of it.

It's loving great. He introduces the fun stuff as fact, complete with cliff-hanger commerical breaks (without commericals, more often than not!) and then debunks/examines the story behind the fun towards the end of the video.

If you want to wade into the woo or get REAL FUCKIN MAD, just stop the video before he gets to the lame part where he examines the facts. This will allow you to logon and share your unfiltered opinions about

THE GODDAMN TRAGEDY OF DULCE BASE AND THE TRAITOROUS DOTY

That was fun, hit all the Mars face lore. I hadn't known about nasa being such prolific copy pasters before.

munce
Oct 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goGb7yO22Vk

quote:

'Unprecedented' images of Martian moon Deimos sent from space probe just 62 miles from its surface

Second comment down stays on theme

quote:

MoebiusTripper
1 hour ago (edited)
Both of Mar's moons are alien UFO bases..They orbit Mars in an imossible way to have been captured bodies. Phobos has a crater almost as wide as Phobos itself. A perfect entrance for a under surface base.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Which one looks like the death star

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

this video of the hangzhou airport bird has been resurfacing again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__9s5chdV7c

for some reason it just occurred to me that this is the same year I saw my cylinder over the refinery

the hull lights are different (i remember rectangular emitters) but the size and brightness definitely fits

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlWDSvNSzlA

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Tekne posted:

this video of the hangzhou airport bird has been resurfacing again: (video)

for some reason it just occurred to me that this is the same year I saw my cylinder over the refinery

the hull lights are different (i remember rectangular emitters) but the size and brightness definitely fits
https://i.imgur.com/jkpBVkl.mp4
:shittypop:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

yeah it peaceing out like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I wanted to share a musical soundscape that I love. The album is "Music for Psychedelic Therapy" by Jon Hopkins. I played this through headphones while laying down in the dark and it felt like I was dissolving into the music. Deep in the Glowing Heart is my favorite track. If you happen to have Apple Music or Amazon Music I recommend playing it there with Dolby Atmos on. After the Gateway tracks I tried a bunch of a binaural and spatial audio experiences and this is my favorite so far.