Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jayden Reed going to my most hated pro team is a top 10 anime betrayal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

:lol: bears

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Oh wait, Jayden Reed was apparently a monster at Western Michigan before transferring to Michigan State.

GREG JENNINGS 2.0 IS HERE FUCKERS

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Love seein devin hester there. Poles is fillin the gaps. Ill take it.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Seems good!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Putting out a welfare check for Mangles

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's funny that Dexter seems like basically the exact same kind of prospect as Adebawore but without the pedigree of CHICAGO'S BIG TEN TEAM

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s funny that despite people complaining about it the Packers WR core is now insanely young

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
He didn’t drop much against the Badgers.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

surf rock posted:

Oh wait, Jayden Reed was apparently a monster at Western Michigan before transferring to Michigan State.

GREG JENNINGS 2.0 IS HERE FUCKERS

He was more of a monster at MSU his junior year but then he got banged up and without Kenneth Walker to suck in defenses or Jalen Nailor on the other side of the field the Spartan offense fell apart.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1620493540433469440

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

is there something especially egregious about this pick? I admittedly don't know anything about him but we need defensive linemen

edit: apparently an article a buddy was reading mentioned he didn't get a single holding penalty during his entire college career

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

xbilkis posted:

It's funny that Dexter seems like basically the exact same kind of prospect as Adebawore but without the pedigree of CHICAGO'S BIG TEN TEAM
Eh. Dexter's got Adebawore by something like 40 lbs and is pretty definitively not an edge.

Still, displeased with him being in the North. Lot of my favorite guys going in division :sigh:

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Guy A. Person posted:

is there something especially egregious about this pick? I admittedly don't know anything about him but we need defensive linemen

edit: apparently an article a buddy was reading mentioned he didn't get a single holding penalty during his entire college career

Nah he's a solid player he was in most 2nd round mocks.

quote:

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Florida, Dexter was primarily a three-technique defensive tackle in co-defensive coordinator Sean Spencer’s four-man front, lining
up everywhere from nose tackle to head up over the tackle. After giving up football to focus on basketball in middle school, he returned to the sport as a junior in
high school and has shown incremental improvements over the last five years. Dexter carries his weight well with impressive foot quickness and pass rush potential,
although you wish he had more backfield production to show for it. His impact can be traced to his ability to leverage – he is a very different player when he utilizes
his long levers to put blockers on skates as a pass rusher or anchor, stack and work the point in the run game. Dexter must develop a more disciplined approach to
turn the flashes into more consistent play, but he is an agile, coordinated big man who has yet to play his best football. He is a traits-based projection who can
play up and down the line, which will interest both even and odd fronts.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Bears draft is 2 guys who might be great in 3 years and not next year

and a tackle lol

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Guy A. Person posted:

My brother and other family went to Florida so I watch a lot of their games. He's a physical freak who is just not that good.

Very young so there is a chance they can coach him up, but he's nowhere close to being NFL ready.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

also :lol:

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1652111578437656576

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I like the Stevenson pick a lot. They needed a big corner on the outside and this lets them keep Gordon at nickle. Steep price to move up 5 spots in the 2nd round, but that's a nice hole to fill.

Would not be opposed to the Bears taking Hiatt with their next pick.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lions traded back like three times in this draft and traded up once. :lol:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Niwrad posted:

I like the Stevenson pick a lot. They needed a big corner on the outside and this lets them keep Gordon at nickle. Steep price to move up 5 spots in the 2nd round, but that's a nice hole to fill.

Would not be opposed to the Bears taking Hiatt with their next pick.

Hyatt would be nice

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

It's a marginal underpay on the Jimmy Johnson chart and a marginal overpay on the Rich Hill chart, really feels like a stretch to have any kind of feelings about this, especially because it takes us from 8 to 7 picks in the top 150

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Wrong thread

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This mf has two cs in his name

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Woulda liked a WR here but I'm fine with this

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Two DTs without picking the Northwestern guy....brutal

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

xbilkis posted:

Two DTs without picking the Northwestern guy....brutal

RD Mangles in tears

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Four trades in two rounds and picking dudes like they're reading their draft board upside down, this Lions draft is so chaotic that I simply must respect it

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I don't know anything about the South Carolina guy but happy the Bears are investing up front. Load up on physical tackles and hope some can breakout. Guessing there must be a red flag on the Northwestern guy.

xbilkis posted:

It's a marginal underpay on the Jimmy Johnson chart and a marginal overpay on the Rich Hill chart, really feels like a stretch to have any kind of feelings about this, especially because it takes us from 8 to 7 picks in the top 150

Don't think Bears are in a position to be giving up picks. They have a lot of needs. Especially when they reached for Dexter. Maybe I'm just having Pace flashbacks of trading up.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

tinstaach posted:

Four trades in two rounds and picking dudes like they're reading their draft board upside down, this Lions draft is so chaotic that I simply must respect it

It's absolute madness, I love it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
And getting Hendon Hooker out of it apparently.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I mean, I wouldn't have drafted Hooker, but it's not like they used a first-rounder on him. If they think he has a meaningful chance of being a successful franchise QB, even a 10% chance, an early third isn't bad.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If nothing else improving your backup QB situation in the third ain't a bad idea.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hendon Hooker with one ACL > Nate Sudfeld

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
They must have hated every defensive lineman in this draft I guess

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
The Lions have backed rear end backwards into a really good draft even by mock draft standards.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Hooker as a backup to Goff is a solid choice, anything beyond that is gravy.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Starting to really really like the Lions draft class now.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Niwrad posted:

I don't know anything about the South Carolina guy but happy the Bears are investing up front. Load up on physical tackles and hope some can breakout. Guessing there must be a red flag on the Northwestern guy.

Don't think Bears are in a position to be giving up picks. They have a lot of needs. Especially when they reached for Dexter. Maybe I'm just having Pace flashbacks of trading up.

Remember a year ago, when you were convinced after the draft that Bears management had decided that Fields wasn't the guy, even though Poles was like three months into his new job?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1652124605216174080

Amon Ra :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Hooker as a backup to Goff is a solid choice, anything beyond that is gravy.

Seems pretty low risk, high reward move. If he turns out to be bad, you still have Goff under contract and you only wasted a 3rd. Turns out good and you have a cheap QB and a ton of extra money to spend.